+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to reduce cc in pvp

Default Time to reduce cc in pvp

There is simply way too much cc in this game period. 7 sec stuns ae fear squirel sap charge stun really do we need all this crap? 75% of the fights im cc. I dont pay 15 bucks a month to be cc for 75% of the time. Pls fix this fast before you lose over half your player base like warhammer did.

Quote Originally Posted by azkora View Post
    There is simply way too much cc in this game period. 7 sec stuns ae fear squirel sap charge stun really do we need all this crap? 75% of the fights im cc. I dont pay 15 bucks a month to be cc for 75% of the time. Pls fix this fast before you lose over half your player base like warhammer did.
    Patience, my young Padawan. I have no doubt fixes and tweaks are coming.

Rift Disciple

Better, more accurate DR should be on the way. I've been hearing plenty of noise about it.

Soulwalker

Signed to OP, way too powerful cc at the moment for every class

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by azkora View Post
    Warhammer didn't lose players because of cc. They lost players because Mythic rushed the game and it was a bugfest.

Champion of Telara

Sure reduce the CC... but I expect mages to get a +50% damage increase across the board.

If not ****..

I see nothing wrong with turning my enemies into a squirrel in the blink of an eye.

And while they're still chewing on acorns, afflicting them with every disease and curse known to mankind.

And then they die from these afflictions. Remaining a squirrel the entire time.

/sarcasm off.

Agreed, needs to be balanced. The above scenario actually happened. I was carrying the sourcestone, too. I was pretty irate.

Edit: I was the squirrel.
    Last edited by JHarkrider; 03-13-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Sunrest PvP-RP
    Chip, Guardian Cleric

Win7 64bit I5 760 3.6 GHz 12 GB DDR3 Dual ATI Radeon HD Crossfire 5670 Alienware OptX 21.5'' HD 1920x1080

I'm most concerned over the warriors.

Bull Rush, then they beat on you for 5 seconds. Then Titan, beat on you another 5 seconds (Assuming you're not already dead from bull rush)

Absolute BULL.

Assassin is the only tree with a stun for rogues, and its a 2part stun, 2nd part being easily dodged. We have to open it from stealth to get the whole thing.

Warrior just targets you and clicks and its done. Plus they're wearing plate, and wielding a sword the size of their own body just whack whack whack dead....... This is beyond ******ed when they can do this to rogues/mages.

Now I'm not saying nerf their armor, or get rid of their stuns, but really almost 10 seconds chain stunned, every minute? With plate armor? With 2handers? With snares/roots?

Beyond stupid.
    Last edited by DaxxTrias; 03-13-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macfrenchfry View Post
    Warhammer didn't lose players because of cc. They lost players because Mythic rushed the game and it was a bugfest.
    Actually both. Bright Wizards were also a big reason for rage quits.

1) Make poly non-mobile. Half second cast time off gcd, after talents of course, wouldn't hurt.
    2) DR.
    3) Break should maybe give a brief cc immunity. Dissolution (snare/root) is on 60s w/ 8s immunity. BE is 5m and, in some cases, the cc can just be reapplied.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

No CC ok right, how about we add easy button to the game and that button turns your enemy in to a mob so you can kill it easy. i wonder even if u can kill a mob either.

both sides have same class and same abilities, if u get cc ed, you cc that person and continue your game, thats basic, or go get a pvp soul that helps u not get cc ed.

Rift Disciple

Add in a cure root, poly, mez. Leave stun alone. The game isn't balanced to 1v1, if you don't have a healer with you and you're 1v1 against a warrior, you're dead, so what. And, tbh, if you're good you won't insta die. Use cc breaks and get out of it, run away to someone else in your group. There are many ways to break cc, learn your class, quit being bad.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanticc View Post
    No CC ok right, how about we add easy button to the game and that button turns your enemy in to a mob so you can kill it easy. i wonder even if u can kill a mob either.

both sides have same class and same abilities, if u get cc ed, you cc that person and continue your game, thats basic, or go get a pvp soul that helps u not get cc ed.
    Well said. People that are crying about cc must be wow pvers that aren't used to a situation they can't control.

Shadowlander

Default cc way to powerfull

the game def isnt focused for 1v1 pvp but that is pretty irrelevant for this conversation, CC is way broken atm and if you dont think so i'm pretty sure your not playing the same game.

wether it needs to be toned down , add more cures , or add more diminshing i dont know , but as it stands you can easily be CC'd full to 0 , even with breaks.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by raiden04 View Post
    the game def isnt focused for 1v1 pvp but that is pretty irrelevant for this conversation, CC is way broken atm and if you dont think so i'm pretty sure your not playing the same game.

wether it needs to be toned down , add more cures , or add more diminshing i dont know , but as it stands you can easily be CC'd full to 0 , even with breaks.
    /sigh
    It's not irrelevant at all. The point is, whether cc'd or not, heals will keep you alive. 1v1, you are going to die if you are kept cc'd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast