+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Time to reduce cc in pvp

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xdcc321 View Post
    Being bad? When a warrior stuns you off his bull rush (in the late 30's) and continues the attack to be dead within 7 seconds if you don't have either a way to break the stuns or flat out stop his attack.. like squirrel, then snares.. it has nothing to do with being good or not. Especially in WF where you aren't just 1v1. They have packs of 3-4 warriors chasing down everyone and simply just overwhelming 1 person at a time.

It isn't simply just 1 bull rush.. it's been typically 2-3 at a time. So.. please explain. Just how are you supposed to play better... when facing packs of warriors who are focusing on one target at a time.
    Sorry, but 3-4 warriors coordinating and burning the enemy one at a time is good pvp play. That's what warriors are supposed to do, steamroll everything.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Errgo View Post
    Sorry, but 3-4 warriors coordinating and burning the enemy one at a time is good pvp play. That's what warriors are supposed to do, steamroll everything.
    I've not had many issues with CC spam in the 30-39 bracket. Of course I am a warrior and therefore one of the "problem" callings. Only problem is I tend to die under a hail of arrows, dots and any other spell the enemy can toss on me before I can do to much damage to my target.

So I'm with some of the other posters in this thread, nerf teamwork.

Telaran

The way i see it CC should be tactical, Stuns are not tactical, They require no skill or coodination, Long CC moves should be move that break on damage, You shouldnt be able to lock someone out of there game for 7 seconds and still be able to kill them, Thats what drives people away from pvp and mmos, People dont like to be able to do nothing, Weather there is DM or not, Standing there for 7 seconds while 3-4 people kill you isnt fun.

In short, CC can be long aslong as you cant take damage, And if you can take damage during the CC it should never be any longer than 2-3 seconds then you have immunity for 20-30 seconds after that. That way people use CC properly and not just smash there face on the keyboard and kill whoever they like.

The changes they made in warhammer for example, Replace all stuns with stagger, You can be staggers for 8 seconds but if you take damage it breaks, The only CC that you can take damage at the same time is a knockdown and they dont last more than 3 seconds. That way CC is used properly and has some tactics.

If you ARENT level 50, please refrain from posting. Rift is not supposed to be balanced at every level of the game. I started wondering how many players here aren't 50 but are posting on the imbalances. Stop posting in the forums, level up, and then give us your valid opinion on rift pvp
    • Mages. Yes, we’re both listening to you and paying attention to the post-launch gameplay data on our servers. While a well-played mage does do extremely well, and mages are very well represented in the overall number of active characters, there are issues with competitiveness in some low and mid level ranges and certain combinations of souls, due largely to mages’ overall fragility and cast times.

I think you should take your own advice about not posting. Does that look like they don't care about sub-50s?

This doesn't work anymore for several reasons, one being they fixed it last patch to be 7 seconds in PvP. The skill itself has a 15 second reuse timer.
    If only Dominators had a tier 1 talent to reduce the cooldown to 0... Please don't tell me you play one and didn't know that.
    Last edited by Kitsuner; 03-14-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azkora View Post
    There is simply way too much cc in this game period. 7 sec stuns ae fear squirel sap charge stun really do we need all this crap? 75% of the fights im cc. I dont pay 15 bucks a month to be cc for 75% of the time. Pls fix this fast before you lose over half your player base like warhammer did.
    CC should not be across all classes like it is currently. Stuns are just as ridiculous.

Personally I think the classes are horribly thought out. Not looking for balance here but the easy button for some classes needs to be removed most due to CC/Stuns. Stun lock deaths WTF
    http://www.prophecyguild.net/

Reb
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xdcc321 View Post
    Being bad? When a warrior stuns you off his bull rush (in the late 30's) and continues the attack to be dead within 7 seconds if you don't have either a way to break the stuns or flat out stop his attack.. like squirrel, then snares.. it has nothing to do with being good or not. Especially in WF where you aren't just 1v1. They have packs of 3-4 warriors chasing down everyone and simply just overwhelming 1 person at a time.

It isn't simply just 1 bull rush.. it's been typically 2-3 at a time. So.. please explain. Just how are you supposed to play better... when facing packs of warriors who are focusing on one target at a time.
    You're not. If three or four warriors are on you at once, you are supposed to die. Period. If the group healer is not healing, you're going to die in a 1v1 situation. This is where warrior shine. As a rogue, I don't expect to stand toe to toe with a warrior and win. I'd say the ranged better be burning him down/them down before they get to you so health is low enough to compensate for his better melee ability.

As for cc, I've noticed it's annoying at times, but it hasn't been game changing. I also have no means of escaping which is more of a problem than the cc in the game. Each class should have some mitigation for cc in the lower levels of the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxTrias View Post
    Assassin is the only tree with a stun for rogues, and its a 2part stun, 2nd part being easily dodged. We have to open it from stealth to get the whole thing.
    Seen the Sabo tree?
    if your so scared from warriors then maybe you should consider looking into some sick dmg/cc in sabo
    they got massive amounts of both, and prolly the most cc of them all so go read up..
    (and im a cleric and even i know this...)
    silence/slow/stun, just click a button and you can fire of them all if you wanna

if im not to wrong they can fire of 4 in a row AOE!!
    so yeah you see a big group of people.. hmm what to do what to do..
    1 stun bomb.. kk after that people might get immune.. no probs
    put down some slow, some silence and u got like 10-15 sec of cc in total or something..
    so really?? your scared of warriors?... then you haven't looked into your own build
    there is A LOT to pick from

and if you dare to say that sabo is for noobs with no skill....
    then for the love of god dont whine about it when you got it right in front of you -_-
    its your option if u like it or not
    but people should stop crying about their class when they got a better option
    seen so many people cry about rouge but dont wanna go sabo cause they feel its a noob spec..
    well sucks to be you then but you picked it

you can pretty much pick from the top shelf and you also get the biggest burst dmg in the game from what ive seen
    a friend on his lvl 42 sabo with not that brilliant gear does 3k instant dmg
    (crit with blast charge alone is about 2k)
    kk you use 6 sec or something to build that up but again..
    you got cc and friends to help you out with that stuff

people dont need to whine about cc being imbalanced when every class got their fair amount
    and frankly there is a decent amount of break free skills to get out of that too
    so im not that scared about imbalanced cc..

PS.. Rouge is the 1 class that can get stun down to like 1 sec at max if im not to wrong
    Sabo takes 50% stun, root, snare of, and the PvP soul takes another 2 sec stun off..
    yeah i haven't tested it im a cleric but from what i know skills like that stack up.
    and there arent any 10 sec stun that i know off so you get small amounts of stuns to be fair

Peace
    Sakura
    http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/113504/Defiant.png
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Sakura - Cleric
    Gaara - Mage
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Noobs-A-Fable
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...nderstand-them
    People need to see these links!

Soulwalker

I really don't mind the amount of CC in this game. When I'm on my rogue or warrior I don't have a mage yet but I do have a cleric, and quite frankly the CC is out of control if you're a cleric. You're locked down and out of mana shortly after the other team notices you and there is really no way to get yourself out of the situation. On my warrior or rogue though I rarely get CC'd at all

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by macfrenchfry View Post
    Warhammer didn't lose players because of cc. They lost players because Mythic rushed the game and it was a bugfest.
    Thats strange. I didn't encounter too many bugs in Warhammer. What I encountered was everyone griping about how OP Bright Wizards were, and the lack of end game content.

And to the poster. I don't think half of rift is going to quit because of too many cc's. They will fix some things and iron things out. It just takes a little time. It is hard to balance for both PvE AND PvP. One suffers where the other prospers. Just give it a little time is all I can say. Before long exploits, and smart minds will find ways around things, stuff will get adjusted. It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Archfiend_DD View Post
    DR is actually not working correctly on some stuns form my experience. i have been 3x stunned by 3 different people, it should be impossible but iv had it happen several times. or let me say this when a sin opens on me and stuns me, then i take 2x bullrush both of which stun me, and i die without every coming out of stun lead me to think there is a problem. it may simply be the servers not communicating fast enough, i know i have spawned and seen immune, heal etc on my screen popping up

fear has a "chance" to break, iv had more than one (a lot actually) warrior fear me then beat on me for 20-40% of my health. again not sure if this is a server problem or not, but it does and is happening. same thing happens with squirrel, have been down to 20-30% health before it breaks before, actually had a MM break me out of squirrel by using a 5 point deadeye on me (he gained the points while i was a squirrel)

best i even saw was a warrior: did stun, stun, fear and i died with about 2-3 secs of control over my char. this was on my riffstalker with over 4k hps at lv 38.

im not sure what the problem is (DR not working right, or the servers themselves) but there is a problem. to many classes have CC and the breaks are either very high in the trees (44points for bladedance) or have much longer reuse times than the cc.
    The DR is working as intended under the mechanic that you have your own DR per character, the DR is not applied from you the moment you take a CC to the face.

So if a Sin pops out, his DR is started, Bull rush from a Champ, his begins. You yourself do not trigger a DR golbal cooldown for everyone attacking you.

Maybe if any change is made, this is all that is needed, however, I sense it will take 4+ people to kill Clerics.......

Truthfully, you guys need to get to 50 and start working on your PvP tree's, all the stuff to counter CC is in there, that is what the PvP soul tree is designed for.
    Last edited by Taemek; 03-14-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Hrm. Lot of CC hate going on. Man, are you guys gonna hate my dominator/archon/warlock.

Domarchalok

edit: Nice Kuato icon there, creepo.
    Last edited by exLupo; 03-14-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    The DR is working as intended under the mechanic that you have your own DR per character, the DR is not applied from you the moment you take a CC to the face.

So if a Sin pops out, his DR is started, Bull rush from a Champ, his begins. You yourself do not trigger a DR golbal cooldown for everyone attacking you.

Maybe if any change is made, this is all that is needed, however, I sense it will take 4+ people to kill Clerics.......

Truthfully, you guys need to get to 50 and start working on your PvP tree's, all the stuff to counter CC is in there, that is what the PvP soul tree is designed for.
    and that there is the problem. the DR needs to be from MY standpoint not another players. you can be perma stunned, mezed, squirreled as long as some is rotating with another player. i should be immune to the 3rd stun no matter who it comes from. this is why people talk about getting stunned 4x in row as long as 2 different people are doing its fine. a stun is a stun and should trigger a global DR for the person stunned, not a DR specific to the person doing the stunning.

global DR would probably fix 90% of the complaints.

All stuns need the same DR, all mezs need the same DR. Ground of Strength needs to be effected by DR. You want strategy? Where is the strategy in spamming aoe to chain stun someone, or firing off titan strike whenever it's up. There's no strategy atm because there is very little penalty for carelessly using cc.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post

wow thats the stupidiest way of DR i could imagine, Seriously if anything needs changing its this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast