+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shards - Too many? Too few?

Soulwalker

Default Shards - Too many? Too few?

Just wondering what people's thoughts on how many servers there are and what that means for the population.

From my experiences, it looks like they could remove a couple servers to boost populations. I think a higher player population would alleviate many of the issues people are having.

Not being able to find groups and rift overload from not having any players around to clear them.

Consider how new this game is, I find it amazing how few people I see around except at extreme peak times.

Soulwalker

I'm on a medium pop server and there are literally people everywhere. I have gotten into dungeon groups very quickly as DPS as well.

I'm fine with the current number.

It won't seem so bad once we're all at the same point in the game (max level).

Right now, I'd guess that 80% of the community is still leveling up, thus spread out.
    Sunrest PvP-RP
    Chip, Guardian Cleric

Win7 64bit I5 760 3.6 GHz 12 GB DDR3 Dual ATI Radeon HD Crossfire 5670 Alienware OptX 21.5'' HD 1920x1080

Im only on a headstart day one server and our pop is *perfect*. I have had one Q (past day one when ofc they all filled since there was only 8 lol) and it lasted like 5 mins. Otherwise its just at high, sometimes med in off hours.

I dont know what the most recent shards are like, but I too wondered if they started with too few and ended with too many. I hope they wait a long while before they add more.

I never got why people in wow would ask for new servers when we had very low pop ones already. Shard firsts matter a lot to them and they wanted an empty playground I'd assumed lol

Soulwalker

I'm on Nedarra and it's just seemed at times like there's almost no one on.

Ascendant

Default Seems fine to me...

On the various servers that I play on, the population seems fine....

+ Reply to Thread