Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Account hacked, how long does restore take, and how did it happen?

Shadowlander

Default Account hacked, how long does restore take, and how did it happen?

Hello there, my account got hacked this afternoon out of nowhere and I have a few questions

First, how long does it take for a GM to restore all my gear so I can keep playing on my free month?

Second, how the heck did this happen?

They did not "steal my account" but got on my main and sold all my gear and probably mailed all my money to some chinese gold seller

My computer is 100% clean (ran 2 anti-virus full scans and 3 anti-malware anti-spyware complete scans)
    I never clicked any suspicious email or link
    My password was definitly hard to find

so really, does anybody have a clue how it happened? and how I can prevent it from happening again?
    My Defiant characters on Dayblind (PvP-US)

Markz - Level 30 Cleric (Shaman/Druid/Inquisitor)
    Marikus - Mage
    Markthar - Warrior

Shadowlander

There are tons of theories on how it happened, or whether or not it was actually any kind of hack or phishing at all.

As for how long it takes for a GM to respond & restore? I've just entered my 21st hour of waiting. Some people on my shard have been waiting for days, others only 15 minutes.

Soulwalker

Hey, im in the same boat as you.

I got hacked and they took everything/sold my gear ect and its currently been over 24 hours since ive sent in my ticket, and the only mail ive recieved is from a gold seller, ironic.

But yeah, over a day a minimum

Shadowlander

I've been reading that it took up to 3-4 days for some people... that's terrible

i'm considering cancelling if it takes too long, especially if I can't figure out HOW in the world it happened and they can do it again and again...
    My Defiant characters on Dayblind (PvP-US)

Markz - Level 30 Cleric (Shaman/Druid/Inquisitor)
    Marikus - Mage
    Markthar - Warrior

Prophet of Telara

Do you have an account on a social media site, or social gaming site that has the same password?

If so, which?

Also, change your in game password to something different.
    I really hate people.

Shadowlander

I've been considering ending my sub as well. This CS is terrible. Just looking at these forums and seeing all the problems right now, and no Dev responses to anything relevant is infuriating.

Though the moderator post about the guys b-day was a nice touch. I'd be embarrassed by him doing that with all this important technical stuff going on if I were his boss. What a freaking disgrace.
    Last edited by Cavemoon; 03-12-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoon View Post
    I've been considering ending my sub as well. This CS is terrible. Just looking at these forums and seeing all the problems right now, and no Dev responses to anything relevant is infuriating.

Though the moderator post about the guys b-day was a nice touch. I'd be embarrassed by him doing that with all this important technical stuff going on if I were his boss. What a freaking disgrace.
    I guess the stickies at the top of the forums dont count and instead of replying to all of the posts that the stickies address, they are working on other issues.
    I really hate people.

Same boat here. Logged out at 4pm est friday. logged in 5pm est saturday (today) and my main is empty and naked.

I don't use any add-ons and always scanning. First time this has happened to me as well in all my gaming history.

well password is changed and everything scanned ok so not sure how they got my PW

Well i got 4 12 hours shifts to do so hopefully went I am done things will be somewhat back to normal

and I hope those who did this burn in hell and watch as the ones the love are burned as well (yes there is no love here)

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    Same boat here. Logged out at 4pm est friday. logged in 5pm est saturday (today) and my main is empty and naked.

I don't use any add-ons and always scanning. First time this has happened to me as well in all my gaming history.

well password is changed and everything scanned ok so not sure how they got my PW

Well i got 4 12 hours shifts to do so hopefully went I am done things will be somewhat back to normal

and I hope those who did this burn in hell and watch as the ones the love are burned as well (yes there is no love here)
    Do you have an account on a social media site, or social gaming site that has the same password?

If so, which?

Also, change your in game password to something different.
    I really hate people.

These threads get locked for good reason...

Please read why... then stop making claims you can't support or prove. People come here to make these claims aren't always honest as to why they do, and those who jump in with "yeah, I'm going to quit over this too" may have a horse in the race too.

The idea among some is if they can create enough fear among players or those thinking of playing... they won't, so who does this benefit? You fill in the blanks.

i changed all my passwords for everything, and i mean everything. now i got to right em all down . pain in the ***

Virus scanners don't stop hackers.

Adware scanners don't stop hackers.

Firewalls don't stop hackers.

Only common sense stops hackers. You bit someones hook and he reeled you in.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mayuko View Post
    Virus scanners don't stop hackers.

Adware scanners don't stop hackers.

Firewalls don't stop hackers.

Only common sense stops hackers. You bit someones hook and he reeled you in.
    Chances are, no he didn't. I'm in the same boat and fell for no phishing scams or anything.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vlas View Post
    I guess the stickies at the top of the forums dont count and instead of replying to all of the posts that the stickies address, they are working on other issues.
    The stickies up top don't really count. They haven't updated or touched on since they've been there. I'm not saying they need to respond to every topic out there, but the only two responses I've seen were one copied and pasted from the sticky, and the b-day one.

Unless by "working on other issues" you meant monitoring all the trivial threads like "it's my b-day give me free stoof."

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    i changed all my passwords for everything, and i mean everything. now i got to right em all down . pain in the ***
    I will ask again...

If so, which?
    I really hate people.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast