Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 80

Thread: Account hacked, how long does restore take, and how did it happen?

  1. #16
    Telaran RESCUE119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonk View Post
    These threads get locked for good reason...

    Please read why... then stop making claims you can't support or prove. People come here to make these claims aren't always honest as to why they do, and those who jump in with "yeah, I'm going to quit over this too" may have a horse in the race too.

    The idea among some is if they can create enough fear among players or those thinking of playing... they won't, so who does this benefit? You fill in the blanks.
    why would anyone fake saying they got their account *****? trion can look at the logs to check i out. at least I have a good kin that are in the process of making me clothes and giving me resources to get me back on my feet. And I still love this game and am not quitting.

  2. #17
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    why would anyone fake saying they got their account *****? trion can look at the logs to check i out. at least I have a good kin that are in the process of making me clothes and giving me resources to get me back on my feet. And I still love this game and am not quitting.
    Wasnt directed at you,and the reason is competition.
    I really hate people.

  3. #18
    Telaran Burrowed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Got my account hacked the following came up blank: McAfee(have to have it for univeristy internet even if its garbage) and MalwareBytes (ran in safemode too).

    But yet MSE caught something which was CVE-2008-5353(a java exploit) which can be used for rather malicous stuff (aka keylogger). If I think back to which sites I recently visited that would give me something like this, all I can think of is zam or the advertisements on it.

    So although a few trusted AVs might not find anything there still is a good chance it can be there (lost faith in my goto scan of Malwarebytes).

    So use MSE to check for that exploit(only thing which scans showed, but could always be more). And avoid rift.zam for a while until this problem gets sorted out.

    PS. My rift password was a unique one, so it is unlikely it was taken from another community site.
    Last edited by Burrowed; 03-12-2011 at 02:18 PM.

  4. #19
    Telaran RESCUE119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlas View Post
    I will ask again...

    Do you have an account on a social media site, or social gaming site that has the same password?

    If so, which?
    no every site i have i have different pw's for each . only social site i use is FB and its a different pw . which i changed anyways now.

  5. #20
    Telaran RESCUE119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burrowed View Post
    Got my account hacked the following came up blank: McAfee(have to have it for univeristy internet even if its garbage) and MalwareBytes (ran in safemode too).

    But yet MSE caught something which was CVE-2008-5353(a java exploit) which can be used for rather malicous stuff (aka keylogger). If I think back to which sites I recently visited that would give me something like this, all I can think of is zam or the advertisements on it.

    So although a few trusted AVs might not find anything there still is a good chance it can be there (lost faith in my goto scan of Malwarebytes).

    So use MSE to check for that exploit(only thing which scans showed, but could always be more). And avoid rift.zam for a while until this problem gets sorted out.
    MSE? /10char

  6. #21
    Telaran Burrowed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    MSE? /10char
    Microsoft Security Essentials, probably the best AV right now (but have to use McAfee because of school network).

  7. #22
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    MSE? /10char
    Microsoft Security Essentials

    If you dont want to click the link, just look up "Microsoft Security Essentials"
    I really hate people.

  8. #23
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markz85 View Post
    I've been reading that it took up to 3-4 days for some people... that's terrible

    i'm considering cancelling if it takes too long, especially if I can't figure out HOW in the world it happened and they can do it again and again...
    It took longer than this to get my accounts recovered in WoW after being hacked.

  9. #24
    Ascendant Wonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    why would anyone fake saying they got their account *****? trion can look at the logs to check i out. at least I have a good kin that are in the process of making me clothes and giving me resources to get me back on my feet. And I still love this game and am not quitting.
    Are you so trusting you believe everything a trolls post here?!

    They post hacked claims to create distrust in the game... K?

    They do it to get You to react and post 18 pages response as they laugh at you.

    I have a bridge to sell you, interested.. really, it's a great bridge.

  10. #25
    Telaran RESCUE119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    96

    Default

    ok thanks.......

  11. #26
    Telaran RESCUE119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    96

    Default

    MSE found nothing either. oh well off to farm materials ......if u see lvl 46 naked mage running around thats me lol

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Markz85 View Post
    I've been reading that it took up to 3-4 days for some people... that's terrible

    i'm considering cancelling if it takes too long, especially if I can't figure out HOW in the world it happened and they can do it again and again...
    Honestly? It's not terrible. It's unacceptable. To lose that much playtime because of a hack is just wrong.

    And to whoever said it took longer to get stuff back in WoW, I have no idea what you were doing that they waited so long to get you restored, but most of the ones I have seen post hack, they would contact at LEAST before 24 hours, and complete restore in 48. Friend of mine still hasn't been CONTACTED in 3 DAYS.

  13. #28
    Telaran Burrowed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    MSE found nothing either. oh well off to farm materials ......if u see lvl 46 naked mage running around thats me lol
    You did a full scan in 10 minutes?

    Quick scans will never find a well made virus, regardless of AV.

  14. #29
    Shadowlander Ryuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I am starting to get the slightest suspicion that the PARSER from Riftjunkies is responsible for this!
    So a heads up to all of you using it delete it asap !!
    I got hacked also never visited crappy sites had a hard to find password etc...
    the only thing i had was that parser from riftjunkies.com and since RJ is official fansite i really thought it could be trusted guess i was wrong. doubted it at first but alot of people using the parser like i did got there accounts hacked !! This isnt coincidence anymore if you ask me, so if your using it toss it right away!

  15. #30
    Ascendant Wonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auton View Post
    Honestly? It's not terrible. It's unacceptable. To lose that much playtime because of a hack is just wrong.

    And to whoever said it took longer to get stuff back in WoW, I have no idea what you were doing that they waited so long to get you restored, but most of the ones I have seen post hack, they would contact at LEAST before 24 hours, and complete restore in 48. Friend of mine still hasn't been CONTACTED in 3 DAYS.
    Another post in the long line of Rift experts that have less than 5 forums posts... have many other names here? Yeah...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts