+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Site and App Builders. You can be one too. - Updated!

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    This is cooler than I imagined possible.

The shard firsts are listed in the XML.

That's right! My cleric was the first person to do Craft Yew Wands on Galena, and there it is, in the XML.
    You should check out some of the low level stuff on Mistrush, Guardian starting area. The name will be familiar.
    Cody "Micajah" Bye
    Director of Content - ZAM
    ZAM RIFT Database
    ZAM's Rift Soul Calculator

Soulwalker

This is insanely cool. I'm definitely going to play around with this a bit.
    Thanks Trion!

Telaran

The shard firsts appear not be entirely correct sadly. The IncGamers RIFT Guild has had quite a few shard firsts on our server but only one actually appears in the data file. Weird.
    Rushster

Building a relationship on mutual respect and enjoyment of the game between the devs and the players is how you build a game that lasts. This is very cool.
    Unfortunately, knowing someone's name does not make it easier to set them on fire with your mind.

Nozrioh - 41 - Defiant Cleric - Galena
    Twowolves - 11 - Defiant Rogue - Galena

This is awesome. Thanks!

Any chance of adding the hidden "attack power"/"spell power" contribution number to the soul/ability data? I'd really like to write a tool that can show you how much DPS a given ability does for differing amounts of "attack power" or "spell power", but right now I am forced to empirically determine the hidden fudge factor in game, which is tedious.

Very sweet!
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by Trurl View Post
    This is awesome. Thanks!

Any chance of adding the hidden "attack power"/"spell power" contribution number to the soul/ability data? I'd really like to write a tool that can show you how much DPS a given ability does for differing amounts of "attack power" or "spell power", but right now I am forced to empirically determine the hidden fudge factor in game, which is tedious.
    Attack power is pretty easy actually, it's starts at a flat 10% DPS addition. Rogue finisher skills further add an additional 1% per combo point.
    "Death is Coming, QUICK, put on the Gold Hat"

Quote Originally Posted by Rustbolt View Post
    Attack power is pretty easy actually, it's starts at a flat 10% DPS addition. Rogue finisher skills further add an additional 1% per combo point.
    I'll have to take your word for that, since all I've tested so far is Mage abilities, which are very much not easy.

Very nice, looking forward to seeing what the community does with it
    Last edited by Nahkti; 03-11-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Any way you can make this auto update?
    Also do not forget about BlackBerry owners and Windows Phone 7. There are more than just the "Two" other guys... lol
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

Plane Touched

Awesome guys, thanks a billion for this.

I do have a couple requests for additional information that could be included with the abilities, if you think this would be possible:
    - Spell power or attack power contribution to damaging abiities
    - Which abilities are considered "spells" and are affected by other abilities that affect spells (increase spell damage, crit chance, etc). Or maybe this is as simple as "if it's affected by spell power rather than attack power, it's a spell?"
    - Which damaging abilities go against resistance vs. block/parry/dodge
    - What "college" a spell belongs to (so when an ability affects "all water-based heals," which ones are those?)

Shadowlander

To the techies looking at this, I might be missing some basic stuff.
    I'm trying to translate (xslt) the Items.xml file, and the first problem I had is that some of the French characters don't show up as valid for UTF-8. I've converted the file to UFC-16 (doubling it's size..) to get past that problem, but there has to be a better way?

Next problem I hit was nodes like Items/Item/OnEquip/Block+Percentage. XML doesn't seem to like a + inside a node name.

Are other folks coming across such problems, or do you know if there's something simple I can do to work with the data without erroring out?

edit: also, maybe if there was a schema that had all possible fields, like say.. each node that might appear under OnEquip.. that'd be awesome
    Last edited by glug; 03-11-2011 at 08:16 AM.

someone make an app for Windows phone 7!
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Satanspy/miketysonbiteskid.jpg p50 Warrior Seastone

Shadowlander

I'm getting a lot of errors in the XML regarding 'invalid character' - anyone else seeing similar?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast