+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Site and App Builders. You can be one too. - Updated!

Soulwalker

YAY, that is completely awesomesauce - thank you!
    Are there any plans yet on how and when to update the files?

Be interesting to see where this leads ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

RIFT Guide Writer

WARNING:

If you are going to do this, then we need Trion to give us a list of sites/apps they have reviewed and believe to be at least semi-safe (someone could always change it after the review).

Right now we have enough sites trying to hack our info. One soul calculator site I visited put a java malware on my system and got my rift account very briefly (they didnt know answer to security question so I managed to get it back immediately as I was online when they logged into my account).

The point being that more website apps and iphone apps, etc, is great, but this can make mlware even more prevalent

Is there already a simple xml/json returning API to enable us to get player data like level, race, gender, souls, etc when supplied with a shard and character name? This would be hugely valuable for updating sig images, and community/guild forum sites.

We're definitely excited to be working with Trion and the data that they're providing the world. As you've seen over the past few months with our Soul Tree Calculator, we've been striving to not only make the tools as accurate and functional as possible, but also make them adhere to what players are seeing in the game itself. The response we've received from the community regarding the Soul Tree Calculator has been great.

In terms of the data that Trion has provided for us, we're working around the clock (literally!) to bring this information to you as quickly and accurately as possible. We know that this sort of information is *critical* to the long term success of an MMORPG; we've been creating these sort of resources for 10+ years now and many of the games we've covered have gone on to lead the industry in terms of longevity.

So what should you expect from ZAM and Trion's publicly announced data?

Simply put, you should expect a full-fledged item, quest, NPC, recipe, and artifact database that is easy to navigate and full of everything you've come to know and love from our previous database projects like Wowhead, Thottbot, and the ZAM dbs.

But that's not all. We have a ton of additional ideas and features that we're going to be working on to make our site unique and full of exceptional resources for the RIFT player to use. Things like the Soul Tree Calculator, and so much more.

I know that all of you will be clamoring to get this information as soon as possible, and I will try to keep you all updated as to our progress. We can't reveal *everything* that we do - there's a lot of people out there with the same data we have - but I just want to let you know that we are working to get this up, and have it be *the* place for RIFT players looking for items, quests, artifacts, quests, recipes, and more.
    Cody "Micajah" Bye
    Director of Content - ZAM
    ZAM RIFT Database
    ZAM's Rift Soul Calculator

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Man, ZAM sucks! This stuff has been up for nearly eight whole hours, how come we don't have a working comments database for it?

Downside of doing a RIFT fansite: You can never look like you're working quickly compared to Trion. :P

Telaran

This is a great move by TRION and I do applaud their stance on data and allowing the community to be creative.

We have already utilised the data for the IncGamers SoulBuilder and the new data really does open up new options with what we can now do with the game.
    I know I am going to be working away on all sorts of cool community bits and pieces thanks to the new files.

Well done TRION, and hopefully the community will like what the RIFT: IncGamers team come up with in the weeks and months ahead
    Last edited by Rushsterinc; 03-11-2011 at 06:20 AM.
    Rushster

Awesome idea Trion!
    No more guesswork and client logging. Everything needed is right over there :J

Quote Originally Posted by Rushsterinc View Post
    This is a great move by TRION and I do applaud their stance on data and allowing the community to be creative.
    I totally agree with this, Rushter, and I hope that all the competition drives we site builders to be more accurate then ever. If ZAM's the only full database on the internet, who would be there to keep us driving forward?
    Cody "Micajah" Bye
    ZAM RIFT Database

Super coolio!

Now, you guys need to stick to your guns about not making this a streamed .xml link.
    "Death is Coming, QUICK, put on the Gold Hat"

Wow. I can't believe trion has done this for us, nobody does stuff like this.... Mad props to Trion for this, just when I don't think i can be anymore impressed, I am, amazing.
    When reading this post, let it be known, it was meant to be heard in a non-threatening, non-demanding way. Thank you.

~Akylios Down 12/13/11~ ~Akylios Down in 2nd raid group 2/11/2012~

Quote Originally Posted by Micajah View Post
    I totally agree with this, Rushter, and I hope that all the competition drives we site builders to be more accurate then ever. If ZAM's the only full database on the internet, who would be there to keep us driving forward?
    Wedge? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Rustbolt View Post
    Wedge? Really?
    Nope! That's actually Zev Senesca. You might remember this quote:

"Echo Base, this is Rogue Two. I've found them. Repeat, I've found them."
    He's the guy that found Han and Luke out in the wastes on Hoth. I mean, without him, there would literally be NO Rebellion.
    Last edited by Micajah; 03-11-2011 at 07:00 AM.
    Cody "Micajah" Bye
    ZAM RIFT Database

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

This is cooler than I imagined possible.

The shard firsts are listed in the XML.

That's right! My cleric was the first person to do Craft Yew Wands on Galena, and there it is, in the XML.

Quote Originally Posted by Micajah View Post
    Nope! That's actually Zev Senesca. You might remember this quote:

He's the guy that found Han and Luke out in the wastes on Hoth. I mean, without him, there would literally be NO Rebellion.
    Wow, they all sorta look alike in their uniforms, don't they? (Except Porkins, that is.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast