+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Site and App Builders. You can be one too. - Updated!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    Site was just updated.

Changes:
    • Most of the UTF-8 encoding issues should be fixed (please call out any remaining errors here)
    • "Block+Percent" is now "BlockPercent"
    • Fixed RequiredLevel calculation (was omitted for most items)
    • Added Armor Type (Cloth/Leather/Chain/Plate)
    • Quest Level is no longer emitted twice
    Very cool. Keep it up. The curse and Zam databases are extremely useful.

Zxq
    Soulwalker

Code:
    xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 180, column 15
    Achievements.xml line 180:
    <EU_Tempête>

<EU_TempÍte> is encoded as <EU_Temp\xc3\x83\xc2\xaate> which looks like UTF-16 but the XML header says utf-8. Can't you get it encoded with utf-8? Something like \xc3\xaa?
    Code:
    (Python)
    >>> unicode('\xc3\x83\xc2\xaa','utf-8')
    u'\xc3\xaa'
    if you do a re.sub('\xc3\x83\xc2','\xc3',line) I think that will fix it.

Thanks, will get shard names fixed up in the next drop.

We simplified the shard names to use just ASCII and updated the data on the FTP server because it was eating end brackets.
    Last edited by BrianMorin; 03-22-2011 at 05:58 PM.

Plane Walker
    GameShampoo username: lokik
    Playing:
    Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hartsman View Post
    We've been seeing some pretty great things happening around the extended community of RIFT.

It's made us decide to do something that I don't think anyone's done before.

A while ago we started sharing soul, ability and achievement information and icons with some people who asked about creating helpful web extensions to Rift. That led to people building the first rounds of soul calculators in different languages across the world. And the experience got better.

More recently we added our server status page. As a test, we intentionally included a live xml version just to see if anyone would build anything off of it. Sure enough, it was quickly used by a number of web sites and some new apps. And the experience got better.

Here's what we think: Across the web, across iOS and Android devices, the more we share with you, the more cool things you think to make. The more cool things you make, the better the experience gets for everyone.

Tonight we'd like to expand that even further.

We're also now sharing information on the following things that people have discovered in the game: NPCs, Items, Quests, Recipes, and Artifact Collections.

To those who might be concerned with spoilers -- Don't worry. This isn't a complete game database.

This is a special sitebuilder view of things people have already seen in game. What you'll see in there are things that have already been broadcast in /says, public channels, links, and tooltips. Their discovery has already been shared with the public at large in-game. We’re just choosing to share it outside of the game now as well.

As for the unprecedented part?

You don't have to be anyone special to see and work with it.

Here is where it all lives: ftp://ftp.trionworlds.com/rift/

You're welcome to use it under the same agreement as our standard terms of use. (See section 14 here: http://www.riftgame.com/en/legal/terms-of-use.php for specifics.)

We’ll be updating this frequently as more discoveries are made and people go on to do even bigger and better things in RIFT.

More than anything else, though, we’re really looking forward to seeing what you create with it.
    Scott, can you create an email group kinda of a list serve for people interested in updates to this resource. I know for one that I would love to work with this information to create some cool automated content but under the condition we are notified about any changes to the resources. (Helps us developers from app's breaking etc)

Much appreciated, this is fantastic stuff.
    Last edited by Drifyt; 03-23-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Default Oh snap

Awesome. I've been trying to think of a nice little side coding project, might do something involving this...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    We simplified the shard names to use just ASCII and updated the data on the FTP server because it was eating end brackets.
    Just wanted to drop by and say Thx for all this, works like a charm and offers great opportunity for developing fancy tools

Firstly like to say many thanks to Trion for sorting this data! Great job!

Now for some feedback in trying to use the files.

UTF8 specified files which are not UTF (simple check is try loading file into Excel). This errors really need to be fixed and a quick way to do I propose would be to split the data file into the corresponding languages. Heres a couple of reason why this approach is better (imho):

- (EN) file will likely meet UTF8 so that 1/3rd issue sorted.

- The Discoveries files size is 80mb compressed and 318mb uncomplressed, which to load in one hit and upload to personal web space is a lot. Too keep uploading a 80mb/310mb file when our guild doesn't need the non-EN text is 2/3rds of unwanted data. Can the Discoveries file be split into EN, DE and FR as per the Souls files?

The graphics/asset files are great, but (maybe Im missing them) the files are missing the Soul Icons?

Lastly something we desperately need in the Guild.XML is the other Character data so we can link to the games data you have just provided on our Guild Roster pages as follows:
    <Guild>
    <GuildBlade>Lotham</GuildBlade>
    </Guild>
    <Character>
    <Character Role>
    <Name>NecroDPS</Name>
    <Soul>
    <Name>Warlock</Name>
    <Points>30</Points>
    <\Soul>
    <Soul>
    <Name>Necromancer</Name>
    <Points>32</Points>
    <\Soul>
    <Soul>
    <Name>Dominator</Name>
    <Points>1</Points>
    <\Soul>
    <Crafting>
    <Craft>
    <Name>Outfitting</Name>
    <Skill>300</Skill>
    </Craft>
    <Craft>
    <Name>Runebreaking</Name>
    <Skill>283</Skill>
    </Craft>
    </Crafting>
    </Character>

The reason for only Character Crafts and Level is we can easily link on data load to match the craft level against the recipes per craft. so saves data on export and time to code on Trion part.

Soulwalker

This is awesome! Really cool idea to let everyone have access!

Downside is I'll probably waste weeks making a DB site just for the fun of it now

Plane Walker
    GameShampoo username: lokik
    Playing:
    Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

HorRIFTic Intentions Item database is up. Listed as BETA until we see what other wonderful things Trion can offer us and when xml spec becomes final.
    horrifticintentions.com

@BrianMorin
    Is there intent at Trion to auto generate these xml files and have a schedule for uploading, I'm sure many of us wish to keep the information as current as possible since there are so many new discoveries happening daily.

Are you considering an 'Armory' or character/guild viewer as an official project for riftgame.com in the future?

Alright, so I'm a total idiot with all this database stuff and conversions, etc. I don't want anything fancy, just a way to get data like this into a spreadsheet so I can sort the information and break things out into categories.

Anyone willing to help me out here?

I don't need graphics, just raw data. Even if you can tell me how to take this data and get it into Excel so I can format and break things out?

Thanks in advance!

Soulwalker

Excel should be able to read the xml format.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...001101964.aspx

Couldnt be bothered reading the full thread but anyway.

My question is (As i cant view anything there)
    Does it show data like item drops and stuff like that or what exactly shows?

If it does i will love it, cause if that information gets out to some good website builders we will soon see a nice rift database, which as i can see is already being built, but not much info on it yet. (riftdb.com)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast