Closed Thread

Thread: raptor

Default raptor

doesnt have a taunt? not even a little one?
    <a href=http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=76640&dateline=1296504039 target=_blank>http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php...ine=1296504039</a>
    A true pvp'er DOESN'T whine when he gets beat he learns to play then goes back and finds that guy that beat him and fights him again and again and again and again until he wins.....DO this and ill support pvp, as long as you just come here and whine I wont

It's a DPS pet. Just like the wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Calling it a "DPS" pet is laughable. Not only can it not tank making it useless in PvE, the damage it puts out is negligible in PvP. I messed around with a ranger build that took all the points into improving pet damage because I thought blood raptor would be a beast. I had over 50% damage increase when all factors applied including the passive that increases damage by 3% per soul point put into the tree past 21 and it was hitting tanks of equal level for 20 damage, rogues and casters for 40-60. Keep in mind this is the top of the Ranger tree, with my entire build invested into making this pet as good as possible and I get smacked in the face with the worst pet class I have ever seen in any MMO I have ever played.

Rangers are so gimp I really don't get the point of them even having pets besides the Greater Razorbeast.
    Last edited by Rexus; 03-10-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexus View Post
    Calling it a "DPS" pet is laughable. Not only can it not tank making it useless in PvE, the damage it puts out is negligible in PvP. I messed around with a ranger build that took all the points into improving pet damage because I thought blood raptor would be a beast. I had over 50% damage increase when all factors applied including the passive that increases damage by 3% per soul point put into the tree past 21 and it was hitting tanks of equal level for 20 damage, rogues and casters for 40-60. Keep in mind this is the top of the Ranger tree, with my entire build invested into making this pet as good as possible and I get smacked in the face with the worst pet class I have ever seen in any MMO I have ever played.

Rangers are so gimp I really don't get the point of them even having pets besides the Greater Razorbeast.
    its a DoT based dps of course each hit is small, theres lots of them.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Useless in PvE? You want anything BUT tank pet in group PvE because it steals aggro from the tank then either distracts the owner trying to heal it, then dies, distracts the tank trying to get aggro back, then dies, distracts the healer, then dies, or just dies without distracting anyone and leaves the mob headed for its master. Razorbeast is the worst because it taunts. (From a tank's perspective.)
    Last edited by Selgin; 03-10-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Raptors shouldn't have taunts, they should have fears. Who turns to fight a raptor? You ****ing RUN because them *****es learned how to open doors.
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DepricatedZero View Post
    Raptors shouldn't have taunts, they should have fears. Who turns to fight a raptor? You ****ing RUN because them *****es learned how to open doors.
    Hahaha this.

It is really intended for instances, in my experience. The wolf is better for PVP since it's damage is pretty bursty especially with bleeds on the target.

Even if it is intended for instance grouping I think devoting an entire build to getting it and then buffing said pet is ******ed when you can just spend those points increasing the rangers over all damage through ranged abilities, and other soul trees.

Even if it is intended for instance grouping I think devoting an entire build to getting it and then buffing said pet is ******ed when you can just spend those points increasing the rangers over all damage through ranged abilities, and other soul trees.
    I'm not quite sure you understand the pet's roles.

Pig - Tanking, Solo
    Wolf - Instance, PVP
    Raptor - Instance, PVP

You can get raptor at 31 points, not quite an "entire build."

By the time you get the Raptor, you already have 2 Greater pets, one for tanking and one for DPS (not including Raptor). This allows you to have both an effective tank and DPS pet to lvl50 if you decided against the Raptor and put points elsewhere. Like MM.

If you want to maximize your DPS then why are you even messing with any pet? They supplement DPS for survival which is pretty much only useful if you are solo.

The raptor proved itself worthless to me in both PvE and PvP. Not nearly enough damage to justify not having a taunt, and the AoE abilities just weren't very effective given the manner in which I play. It's better than the wolf for instances, but not by much.

Needless to say I spec'd right out of ranger as soon as I could. This pet needs a taunt and a massive damage boost.

Calling it a "DPS" pet is laughable. Not only can it not tank making it useless in PvE, the damage it puts out is negligible in PvP.
    This honestly just blows my mind. Being a DPS pet it should not be able to tank, and it was stated as a PvE DPS pet. The Wolf is the PvP one.

It's the pet you want when you are ... I dunno... instancing.

Yeah..you're both clueless AND lost, and not even a map, GPS and Divine Intervention are going to help ya.
    Principally I hate and detest that animal called man; although I heartily love John, Peter, Thomas, and so forth.

Atrum Dies Es Coming...

Closed Thread