+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [DKP Assistance] Loot Received, Party Join/Quit Log

Just makes it more fun. Think about it as real PVP.

I will say fish tailing for miles in an 88' Towncar is a driving experience not easy to repeat on these well maintained sunny roads.
    The living are but a rare breed of the Dead.

Plane Touched

A member of my guild created an active log parser, that would read the logs and add members to a UI he created as they joined/left/chatted in the raid. Then, we said a certain string like "sold xxx to xxx for xxx dkp" and it would add that to the log parser. After the raid, we would click a button and it would add every person, their dkp earned, and dkp spent back into our dkp database.

It made raiding much easier without having to track dkp constantly. We paid dkp by the half hour spent at the raid instead of per mob.

That's a pretty handy guildy to have about!

DKP discussions already and we don't even know how the game is going to turn out.

Is it really that hard for you guys to play without this stuff?

I've never used any of this stuff in my guild or any other guild I've been in and we manage just fine. I just don't see the point of having to know what everyone is doing down to the .10 of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjar_LC View Post
    DKP discussions already and we don't even know how the game is going to turn out.

Is it really that hard for you guys to play without this stuff?

I've never used any of this stuff in my guild or any other guild I've been in and we manage just fine. I just don't see the point of having to know what everyone is doing down to the .10 of DPS.
    ...huh?

This isn't about an addon that tracks damage done, merely attendance, a lot of timestamping and what loot went to whom.
    In most raiding guilds that wanted to use an impartial looting system, some form of DKP was installed.
    I'm glad your guild made do without as it's a headache for people administering the system.
    The bigger/more active your guild, the bigger your headache.

This addon is simply an attempt to aggregate a lot of information currently available into a streamlined interface.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cakellene View Post
    Being able to see which lane you are in while driving is nice too.
    Being able to see the road is over rated period... On Friday I drove home from work and had a nice 20 mile stretch mostly covered in snow with patches here and there I could see the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AvianSun View Post
    A) I am an older gamer, I view addons as tools.
    Like all tools ultimately the USE of the tool dictates my view as positive or negative.
    If you use your hammer to pound nails in the proper place, bueno.
    If you use your hammer to pound neighbors who walk on your lawn, no bueno.

B) Trion has stated they are looking into adding additional 'addons' post-release.
    I see an opportunity for a streamlined addon that *should* be low controversy and ease a job.

C) It's kind of in game.
    Parsing the log is something you either have to do manually or spin up a parser.
    Not the end of the world, but with minimal effort something much nicer could be made part of the "official" package.
    Accessibility is often a good thing as it would allow people who might not feel comfortable around a parser to access and utilize the data.
    More people running more raids is not a negative to me.

D) I've done the spreadsheet thing, the text file thing, the database thing... all of which are subject to human error or the occasional slip.

E) Having an "official" transcript also alleviates some of the concern that raiders have of not being counted.

Abandoning the letter system because that's getting silly, but the essence of what I consider a "good" addon is something that takes in game functionality, enhances the presentation or breadth slightly and doesn't give people using the addon any distinct advantage over those who don't.

Much of the organization is often done during trash pulls, which often means at least one person either afk or at less than 100%.

I would by no means delay release for a function like this, but in the "low hanging fruit" column, this makes sense to me.
    Very well said, and I have to agree about DKP management being much much easier with an official transcript. It would be nice to see Rift support this feature, preferably before raid guilds are ready to tackle the content.

So basicly 1 month after launch and thats being nice

Quote Originally Posted by xxar View Post
    I never said it does not make sense, hence why I said its not good or bad. I said you already have the tools to do exactly what your looking for.
    this is true... but while you cna clean a fish with an Axe.. a filet knife does a much better job.. both are edged tools.. and can do the same job.. but they do the job they were intended to do alot better than the other .
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hackiedoodle View Post
    I wouldn't have minded using the addon myself, but I just never felt like finding one I liked, downloading and configuring. XD

You're gonna hate me... I'm not from Milwaukee, actually. I've been here for two years, moved up from Georgia, and it's TOO DANG COLD. I miss my mild winters, and this snow can seriously go to Hell.

But y'all got some great things- cheese curds, fried cheese curds, feckin' Sassy Cow Eggnog (omgggggg), Jimmy Johns DDDDD.

I miss the soul food though. :\
    What part of GA, I'm in Atlanta.

I would personally would love to see an ingame tool for tracking DKP. Vanguard had started a similiar in game merit system that I am assuming was ment to be some kind of in game form for tracking DKP , but I do not think the system was ever finished.

I dont think an in game DKP tracking UI would be to hard to impliment and I dont think it would detract to much attention from the development team. If someone can create a parser program in C-sharp in a few hours I am sure that it wouldn't take to long for the developers to impliment a similier system in game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2