Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 245

Thread: Sexy Armor & Men Who Play Female Chars

  1. #121
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainotna View Post
    *ahem*

    **** you.
    Well done, missed the point of the rest of the post, just the part you felt best justified your response.

    Actually, i'm still not sure what your point actually was.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protagonist
    Last edited by kevmscotland; 03-10-2011 at 01:08 PM.

  2. #122
    Jai
    Jai is offline
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    Also, it's because I'm very secure in regard to my masculinity and heterosexuality that this sort of thing bothers me. I think you have it backward.
    No, actually, you have that backwards. A man completely secure in his masculinity and heterosexuality wouldn't be bothered at all by any of this and, in fact, be the one who could play a female character without anything being awkward about it. The fact that you have a problem with people you've never met and have no relationship to doing something completely innocent that you find gayish says that you by definition are completely insecure in both your masculinity and your heterosexuality.

  3. #123
    Shield of Telara Seelinnikoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meryn View Post
    Way to recognize sarcasm
    Sarcasm acknowledged


  4. #124
    Rift Disciple Ainotna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevmscotland View Post
    Well done, missed the point of the rest of the post, just the part you felt best justified your response.

    Actually, i'm still not sure what your point actually was.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protagonist
    lol Never mind. Obviously someone as dumb as you are couldn't possibly see why what you said is incredibly sexist. I mean your link just helps my argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    "All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."
    http://www.venTREEloquism.net

  5. #125
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    802

    Default

    this OP guy can watch all night a male *****.
    say's more about him then me playing with my little girl

  6. #126
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    Whether or not they're roleplaying doesn't change the fact that for strange reason many men enjoy using female avatars as a means to interact with other players (which can lead to flirting, and awkward presumptions on the part of players who are seeing a female avatar... presumptions that some virtual cross dressers seem to welcome and enjoy) and a virtual world instead of using a male avatar.
    I am sorry this hypothetical individual(you) was "tricked" into flirting with some guy playing a girls character. Most I've seen, including myself make no secret of gender. But really, stop trying to flirt around with every pair of **** you see and it won't be a problem. I realize **** are great, I love em too, but you can't just jump on every pair that walks by. That's how they get ya.

  7. #127
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    me playing with my little girl
    That's just wrong.

  8. #128
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I can't speak as to the mind of others but you are leaving out another aspect - asthetics. I am a male who plays female characters in these games primarily because they look better then the males. While the males features in this game can actually be worked with into something decent, there is STILL the matter of that awkward looking midrift thing they got going on... VERY unseemly!

  9. #129
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    That's just wrong.
    ohh, why is that.
    a dance around the PvP tree never killed me before.

  10. #130
    Rift Disciple Tikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainotna View Post
    lol Never mind. Obviously someone as dumb as you are couldn't possibly see why what you said is incredibly sexist. I mean your link just helps my argument.
    Which is....what?

    Several movies, books, and video games have a male that's the main character.

    Why is choosing to go with a female for the main character of a story bad?

  11. #131
    Jai
    Jai is offline
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post
    this OP guy can watch all night a male *****.
    say's more about him then me playing with my little girl
    That may be the creepiest thing said in this entire thread.

  12. #132
    Soulwalker ElJeffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seelinnikoi View Post
    So you call your female characters Tony or John ?
    I have 3 female characters and I named them, "Laundry" "Dishwasher" and "Ovenmate."

    /endsarcasm

  13. #133
    Rift Disciple Ainotna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Which is....what?

    Several movies, books, and video games have a male that's the main character.

    Why is choosing to go with a female for the main character of a story bad?
    That is not what he said though. He said the male protagonist which anyone with a basic understanding of the English language knows that means sometimes totally different than a male protagonist.

    Choosing to go with a female as a main character is not bad. That isn't what I said at all. But what he said made it sound as though he feels female characters are secondary, i.e. not protagonists.
    Last edited by Ainotna; 03-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    "All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."
    http://www.venTREEloquism.net

  14. #134
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainotna View Post
    lol Never mind. Obviously someone as dumb as you are couldn't possibly see why what you said is incredibly sexist. I mean your link just helps my argument.
    Its pretty clear that by using the term 'protagonist' I was refering to the lead character, and the term 'male' to indicate most games ive played lately had a dude leading the show.

    So now i play THE female protagonist. (if that makes you feel better)

    Surely by classifying both equally theres no sense of sexism in there at all.
    I was purely using the terminology to clarify which I was playing.

    But meh, whatever.
    Last edited by kevmscotland; 03-10-2011 at 01:19 PM.

  15. #135
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainotna View Post
    That isn't cross-dressing. Cross-dressing is the intention of wearing the opposite sex's clothing and make-up, and adopting their mannerisms so as to look like the opposite sex. Unless your wife is trying to look like a man, she's simply wearing boxers and a T-shirt.

    Take it from someone who grew up in San Francisco and has seen plenty of cross-dressing in her life.
    Ok, if this is true, then why is it that when a guy wears his wife's panties he is instantly weird? lol...

    He isn't trying to be female, he isn't trying to act female, or anything like that... he might be going to the fridge to get a beer or a midnight snack... so is that gay or cross-dressing? I personally have never done it, but I know the stereotypes we lay out for guys who wear their GF's clothes, and that there are none for women who wear their guy's clothes...

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts