Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexy Armor & Men Who Play Female Chars

Jai
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    You know more about cross dressing than me, so I'll take your word for it.

But here's another fun fact: most people think cross-dressing is weird.
    Actually, that was told to me by a gay friend. I'll take his word for it.

But, greatest fun fact of all, most people in this thread think that your whole issue in this thread is an inability to come to terms with your latent homosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainotna View Post
    Making that my signature. Thanks.
    LOL! My pleasure.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
    Just because you play the 'role' of a female in the game doesn't mean I want to be one, If I roll a dwarf does that mean I want to be a dwarf irl?
    It doesn't necessarily mean you want to be a dwarf, just that you're interested in roleplaying a dwarf; and then one could go on to figure out why you find dwarves so interesting that you'd want to roleplay as one in a virtual world.

I'm questioning why there are so many men who are interested in roleplaying female chars. Are they closeted gays? Do they get turned on by other men being turned on by their characters?

Jai
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoe View Post
    Wow, really? then why do I think it's kinda sexy when my wife borrows my boxers and t-shirt? lol
    Seriously! I swear to god there is nothing sexier than my girlfriend wearing nothing but my dress shirt.

It doesn't necessarily mean you want to be a dwarf, just that you're interested in roleplaying a dwarf; and then one could go on to figure out why you find dwarves so interesting that you'd want to roleplay as one in a virtual world.

I'm questioning why there are so many men who are interested in roleplaying female chars. Are they closeted gays? Do they get turned on by other men being turned on by their characters?
    Not everyone is roleplaying, again why can't you undertand this?

Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    ROFL!!!

"All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."
    LOL, i think he's say it more like this: comrades. let us go hither to the drinking establisment and partake of some organic sentient beings.
    Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic - Dostoevsky

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Actually, that was told to me by a gay friend. I'll take his word for it.

But, greatest fun fact of all, most people in this thread think that your whole issue in this thread is an inability to come to terms with your latent homosexuality.
    I think Eddie Izzard talks about this in one of his standup routines as well.

First of all, it's disturbing to me that this is such a big deal to some of you. That in itself says something about the MMORPG community and western culture. Second of all, there are far better resources for viewing sexy women--real women even--than MMORPGs. And finally, there are far more important things that this game needs changed than the sexiness of the armor.

Regardless, I can't help but wonder if there is some degree of homoerotism present in male players who like to pretend that they're female in a video game (some going as far as naming their characters feminine names), and then take it even further by actuallly complaining that their character's armor isn't sexy enough. You do realize that there are going to be mostly other male players who are just as pathetic as you who are going to be drooling over your in-game character, correct? And doing God knows what while they look at them... And that you're basically a virtual cross dresser? I always wondered if some of you get off on knowing that there are other male players who find your female characters sexually attractive.

Some virtual cross dressers have given me the excuse, "What would you rather look at: a female, or a male?" Well, first of all, we're talking about pixels here; I don't play MMORPGs to scout out attractive male and female pixels. Also, you could use that same justification for cross dressing in real life. "What would you rather look at: a male, or a female? I'd rather look at a female, which is why I pretend to be one in real life. I put on my mother's clothes, her makeup, call myself Sally, and then look in the mirror."

One final thought: most of the female players that I've encountered in MMORPGs exclusively play female characters--and the ones who do play male characters do so to hide from the cross dressing weirdos who drool over pixels. Perhaps there is some kind of gender confusion going on in most of the men who play MMORPGs?
    First off yes my in game characters are female..It has nothing to do with pretending to be a female.
    You seem to be confused yourself.. The character in game us. it is just a vehicle to get around the game world. You probably see it as a avatar of yourself or a extension of yourself in a game world.. Those of us that play female toons do not view it this way.

This is the way i see it. its like a poster or a painting i would hang on my wall. Now as a male do i want to hand the the poster of a dude up or the poster of the swim suit model of the year up?.... I personally will choose the chick.
    To use the vehicle idea (i personally like this one myself as a reason for choosing female toons)
    Do i want to drive around the game world in a ugly vw bug or a sexy corvette? ill take the vette please!!

I never portray myself to some on in game as a female. I make it clear to any one who ask or may assume that i am female because of the toon i play that i am 100% male and even happily married.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoe View Post
    Wow, really? then why do I think it's kinda sexy when my wife borrows my boxers and t-shirt? lol
    That isn't cross-dressing. Cross-dressing is the intention of wearing the opposite sex's clothing and make-up, and adopting their mannerisms so as to look like the opposite sex. Unless your wife is trying to look like a man, she's simply wearing boxers and a T-shirt.

Take it from someone who grew up in San Francisco and has seen plenty of cross-dressing in her life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    "All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."
    http://www.venTREEloquism.net

Seriously! I swear to god there is nothing sexier than my girlfriend wearing nothing but my dress shirt.
    I agree. There is nothing sexier than your girlfriend wearing nothing but my dress shirt.

Telaran

I'll tell you what others have thought about my character, because they've told me: HOLY F**K! SHE KILLS FAST AND NEVER DIES?!?

Absolutely nothing. I completely agree.

I'm male, played a female character in beta. Her initial armor provided good coverage, looking like proper armor, not a sexy outfit. A later chest item exposed ridiculous amounts of cleavage, which just wasn't right (It's supposed to be armor, which needs to cover everything)

I rolled a male char on live, and I'm glad I did, given all the silly plate bikinis I see on female characters now.

Telaran

Actually, that was told to me by a gay friend.
    That'd explain why you're so sensitive about this matter.

Wait... isn't this... "homophobic"? You're implying that homosexuality is an insult. I don't think your gay friend would approve.

Also, does this mean that people who criticize Nazis are in fact closeted Nazis themselves?

I enjoy watching women's mixed martial arts as well, does that make me homosexual?

So you wanna know why so many men are interested in playing female characters?

The truth is they aren't interested.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast