Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 245

Thread: Sexy Armor & Men Who Play Female Chars

  1. #61
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syph View Post
    sounds like that psych degree you got online is being put to good use.
    ROFL. Couldn't have said it better myself.

    I am playing a high elf chick because I really like their flying racial but think the dudes look stupid. Clearly this means I crossdress irl. It's true, when I was 5 I put on my Mom's lipstick. Brilliant deduction Dr. Phil, thanks for saving me from my homoerotic ways. No, it doesn't bother me when people call me Sera in game or in vent for that matter (when they can hear my male voice), because it's a ****ing game, and because I'm secure in my real life personality to not let something as irrelevant the gender of my character alter my mental state.

    If you are a girl: Get off your high horse, go back to your night classes at the community college, and stop pretending to be intelligent.
    If you are a guy: stop trying to get in people's epants so you won't trip balls when you discover that sexy pair of pixels you've been beating off to is a dude irl.

    ****ing degenerate.

  2. #62
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellogg View Post
    You do realize the pictures of all the 'real' women on the internet are just pixels too, right?
    I do, but I was using pixels in the sense that the women you're looking at in a video game aren't organic sentient beings, nor are they pictures of actual organic sentient beings.

  3. #63
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    I disagree, but... this thread isn't about violence.
    You questioned the sexual quality of western culture, I suggest that we have much worse problems, and also sex is not a problem, there should be more.

    Feminine names and pretending to be a girl is pretty gay
    Which is exactly what male players are doing when they play female characters.
    What are you calling me a liar? That's not what I do.

    Getting naked and dancing has saved my life more than a few times from horny gankers.
    Yes, and this is homoerotic.

    And if you have no problem with that, then whatever. I'm just saying it's homoerotic.
    It's like I'm walking down a dark alley and I have a portable dvd player. I get mugged, whip it out and there is some boobs. The muggers put their knives away and sit down indian style with a smile on their face. Not homoerotic.



    Looking at and playing as are two different things. A real-life cross dresser could ask you the same thing, "What would you rather look at: a male or a female? I choose a female, which is why I pretend to be one in real life. It's so that when I look in the mirror I will see a female."
    Yeah but they have to put on makeup, wear heels, maintain their hair, and they will end up not really looking like a girl. In this game, it looks just like a girl and requires zero more effort than a man. Plus, unlike you, pretty much nobody will think im gay, whereas everyone would know I'm gay if I did it IRL. So in case you were not aware, your metaphor is a stretch.


    But the point is women don't say things like, "I play a male character because I'd rather stare at a male character all day than a female one, duh!"
    You must be trolling. Did you know women also have boobs? They are extremely different from men. If they can't gain pleasure from being horny, then I pity them. What does that have to do with me and your apparent disrespect for me?

  4. #64
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    47

    Default

    The real issue here is that its even an issue.

    Yeah, there's gonna be some weirdo that totally plays himself off as being a female. But generally speaking, most people pick a female character for innocent or cheesecake reasons.

    I might make a cleric a female because of the nuturing archetype of a female white mage/healing character or a female rogue because of the rpg cliche that men = strong, female = agile. I might even do the opposite and make a female warrior because it breaks the mold, just for the flavor of it (currently all my Rift characters are male, but I've made female characters on other games)

    Even those who pick a female because its attractive and would rather stare at a women's behind, as long as they aren't playing themselves off as a female irl, are doing so innocently. Its a game and you can play whatever class/race/gender you like. To be honest, do you even want to deal with a female character who's a female irl if her entire persona is wrapped around the fact that she REALLY is a female. If you want that, I hear there are plenty of cam-"chat" sites where you can get that and actually get to see the person you are interacting with.

    tl:dr Total non-issue, move along.
    Last edited by Fyreaxe; 03-10-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Editted censored word

  5. #65
    Soulwalker Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    Of course I'm not actually doing those things. But the genre is called Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). The whole point is to assume a role you would otherwise not be able to play. Evidently, there are many men who would like to be female.
    Just because you play the 'role' of a female in the game doesn't mean I want to be one, If I roll a dwarf does that mean I want to be a dwarf irl?

  6. #66
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I sense a great deal of a Displacement Complex going on here... you are shifting so much of your angst against other players that it becomes strikingly clear that it is not THEM that you are hating... no, in fact, I believe there is a deeper issue at hand... Sir, are you in fact into homoerotism? The amount of overcompensation that we see in your post makes me think that you are trying to say:

    "NO! I am not gay, I play a MANLY man, with chest hair so long it hangs to my knees and I have to braid it so I can properly wield my GIANT sized four handed maul of wordly destruction!! After the maiming and killing is done, I will go to the pub and have 100 drinks, strongest stuff they have and belch all night!! Because I'm a MAN!!! RAR!!!"

    Why is it so important for you to prove your manliness? Do you actually find a need to come down on others who are so secure in their sexuality that they can play female characters with no care in the world as to whether or not someone calls them gay or homoerotic? Why does this upset you so??

  7. #67
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Yes, I'm a guy in real life. I have 1 female character, and plan to have more.

    Why does this bother you so much? I'm also not a

    -short dwarf with grey hair and a beard
    -A tall slender thing with pointy ears
    -or a large musclar blue guy with no hair.

    The only thing you should be concerned about is weither myself or the person next to you is giving it their all when they play. IMO, the only people who give a damn are the ones looking for cybersex. The rest of us are here just to push buttons and kill pixels.

  8. #68
    Rift Disciple Ainotna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    I am a female who plays female characters when given the option. I play male characters in shooters because there's no other choice unless I want to use a mod. I don't really care.

    My fiancée plays both male and female characters. I can assure you that it has nothing to do with him wishing to be a women or masturbating over the character. I also don't think it's creepy for men to play female characters.

    What I do find creepy is when men find out I am a woman (using Ventrilo/Teamspeak) and then incessantly ask for my facebook and/or send me in-game items thinking I am going to repay them with pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    "All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."
    http://www.venTREEloquism.net

  9. #69
    Soulwalker gn33101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    Oh this again.

    It seems odd to me that in a game where you spend 99.9% of your time murdering things and taking their stuff that there's so much worry about whether that girl character stabbing that guy and stealing his things is really a girl in real life or might be a guy playing a girl who spends all her time killing and looting.
    lol. Good one. Love it.
    My game rig is a TRS-80 with a liquid cooled Zilog Z80 overclocked to 1.95MHz. I maxed out the RAM to 16Kb and with an extended play 90 minute casette I can store 270Kb externally.

  10. #70
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Ok... you caught me, Sarrum! I admit it!!

    I rolled a female character in hopes of seducing you into my bed of gayness.

    What server are you on?? )

  11. #71
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Actually, fun fact, most cross-dressers are straight.
    You know more about cross dressing than me, so I'll take your word for it.

    But here's another fun fact: most people think cross-dressing is weird.

  12. #72
    Soulwalker ElJeffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    I do, but I was using pixels in the sense that the women you're looking at in a video game aren't organic sentient beings, nor are they pictures of actual organic sentient beings.
    ROFL!!!

    "All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."

  13. #73
    Plane Touched Tatanka_Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Argent Glade
    Posts
    219

    Default

    We look forward to your dissertation on homoerotism among males who play Tomb Raider and Metroid.
    Leadership is a matter of intelligence, trustworthiness, humaneness, courage, and discipline...

  14. #74
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    You know more about cross dressing than me, so I'll take your word for it.

    But here's another fun fact: most people think cross-dressing is weird.
    Wow, really? then why do I think it's kinda sexy when my wife borrows my boxers and t-shirt? lol

  15. #75
    Rift Disciple Ainotna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    ROFL!!!

    "All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."
    Making that my signature. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    "All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."
    http://www.venTREEloquism.net

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts