Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexy Armor & Men Who Play Female Chars

I played as Peach in Mario Kart once....am I gay?

Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    I played as Peach in Mario Kart once....am I gay?
    rofl, that about says it all
    Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic - Dostoevsky

Quote Originally Posted by Doublespeak View Post
    You aren't that person, you aren't wearing that stuff. Why is that so hard to understand?

Do you think you're in the game, is that the crux of the problem here? Has reality left you?
    He was hardcore roleplaying and tried to seduce a damsel who turned out to be named Bob.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    No, I don't think any person would instantly become homosexual after cross dressing; however, that doesn't change the fact that cross dressing in itself is weird and gay. Robin Williams is an actor, so that type of thing is expected from him. But know that not every male actor would be OK with pretending to be gay.

But video games are a different story. You're not a paid actor being asked to play as a gay guy or a female. You're just some guy who is burning time playing a video game--but choose to assume the role as a female for some strange reason.

I have the sneaking suspicion that I was fooled by your OP. I thought it was curious psycho-analysis sprinkled with a bit of pragmatism. Now I think you're homophobic and incredibly narrow-minded.

Telaran

Uh it's a video game, these are pixels on the screen. Damn you need to get out.

you aren't swinging that sword
    you aren't casting a spell
    you aren't killing anyone
    you aren't that male character
    you aren't that female character
    It's a game......pixels on a screen.
    Of course I'm not actually doing those things. But the genre is called Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). The whole point is to assume a role you would otherwise not be able to play. Evidently, there are many men who would like to be female.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    I have the sneaking suspicion that I was fooled by your OP. I thought it was curious psycho-analysis sprinkled with a bit of pragmatism. Now I think you're homophobic and incredibly narrow-minded.
    This +100000000

Jai
    Plane Walker

No, I don't think any person would instantly become homosexual after cross dressing; however, that doesn't change the fact that cross dressing in itself is weird and gay. Robin Williams is an actor, so that type of thing is expected from him. But know that not every male actor would be OK with pretending to be gay.

But video games are a different story. You're not a paid actor being asked to play as a gay guy or a female. You're just some guy who is burning time playing a video game--but choose to assume the role as a female for some strange reason.
    Actually, fun fact, most cross-dressers are straight.

That said, actors take a role because they choose to take it, unless they are just starting out. There really is no difference. We are all actors playing our characters.

I think he actually believes he's in the game.
    Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic - Dostoevsky

This is EXACTLY why I stay away from the RP servers.

Plane Touched

First of all, it's disturbing to me that this is such a big deal to some of you. That in itself says something about the MMORPG community and western culture. Second of all, there are far better resources for viewing sexy women--real women even--than MMORPGs. And finally, there are far more important things that this game needs changed than the sexiness of the armor.

Regardless, I can't help but wonder if there is some degree of homoerotism present in male players who like to pretend that they're female in a video game (some going as far as naming their characters feminine names), and then take it even further by actuallly complaining that their character's armor isn't sexy enough. You do realize that there are going to be mostly other male players who are just as pathetic as you who are going to be drooling over your in-game character, correct? And doing God knows what while they look at them... And that you're basically a virtual cross dresser? I always wondered if some of you get off on knowing that there are other male players who find your female characters sexually attractive.

Some virtual cross dressers have given me the excuse, "What would you rather look at: a female, or a male?" Well, first of all, we're talking about pixels here; I don't play MMORPGs to scout out attractive male and female pixels. Also, you could use that same justification for cross dressing in real life. "What would you rather look at: a male, or a female? I'd rather look at a female, which is why I pretend to be one in real life. I put on my mother's clothes, her makeup, call myself Sally, and then look in the mirror."

One final thought: most of the female players that I've encountered in MMORPGs exclusively play female characters--and the ones who do play male characters do so to hide from the cross dressing weirdos who drool over pixels. Perhaps there is some kind of gender confusion going on in most of the men who play MMORPGs?
    You do realize the pictures of all the 'real' women on the internet are just pixels too, right?
    They are enhanced, thinned, reshaped to be more appealing to the eye.
    Last edited by Kellogg; 03-10-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Of course I'm not actually doing those things. But the genre is called Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG). The whole point is to assume a role you would otherwise not be able to play. Evidently, there are many men who would like to be female.
    Or they realize it's a video game.

Hey if you like to RP and go 'lighting bolt lighting bolt' more power to you, but myself i'll keep my sex life in the real world while you agonize over pixels.

Telaran

Great, I could say that you're heterophobic and that you're the narrow-minded one.

Come back when you have an actual argument.

And the mere fact that you're using the word "homophobic" indicates to me that you're an idiot.

Plane Touched

First of all, it's disturbing to me that this is such a big deal to some of you. That in itself says something about the MMORPG community and western culture. Second of all, there are far better resources for viewing sexy women--real women even--than MMORPGs. And finally, there are far more important things that this game needs changed than the sexiness of the armor.

Regardless, I can't help but wonder if there is some degree of homoerotism present in male players who like to pretend that they're female in a video game (some going as far as naming their characters feminine names), and then take it even further by actuallly complaining that their character's armor isn't sexy enough. You do realize that there are going to be mostly other male players who are just as pathetic as you who are going to be drooling over your in-game character, correct? And doing God knows what while they look at them... And that you're basically a virtual cross dresser? I always wondered if some of you get off on knowing that there are other male players who find your female characters sexually attractive.

Some virtual cross dressers have given me the excuse, "What would you rather look at: a female, or a male?" Well, first of all, we're talking about pixels here; I don't play MMORPGs to scout out attractive male and female pixels. Also, you could use that same justification for cross dressing in real life. "What would you rather look at: a male, or a female? I'd rather look at a female, which is why I pretend to be one in real life. I put on my mother's clothes, her makeup, call myself Sally, and then look in the mirror."

One final thought: most of the female players that I've encountered in MMORPGs exclusively play female characters--and the ones who do play male characters do so to hide from the cross dressing weirdos who drool over pixels. Perhaps there is some kind of gender confusion going on in most of the men who play MMORPGs?
    Your rant exposes more about yourself than you realize.

Telaran

Or they realize it's a video game.
    This isn't any kind of argument. The fact that it's a video game doesn't change the fact that there are men who like to roleplay as female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawll View Post
    As one of the "weirdos" that plays a female character, I would like to thank you for your input, and will take your feelings about how I play a game that I pay for into careful consideration at the next character creation.

thanks again
    Excellent response. And to the OP, " I remember when I had my first beer."

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast