Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 245

Thread: Sexy Armor & Men Who Play Female Chars

  1. #31
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Economist View Post
    Violence is healthier.
    I disagree, but... this thread isn't about violence.

    Feminine names and pretending to be a girl is pretty gay
    Which is exactly what male players are doing when they play female characters.

    Getting naked and dancing has saved my life more than a few times from horny gankers.
    Yes, and this is homoerotic.

    And if you have no problem with that, then whatever. I'm just saying it's homoerotic.

    What would you rather look at on a computer. A picture of a real naked man or a real naked woman?
    Looking at and playing as are two different things. A real-life cross dresser could ask you the same thing, "What would you rather look at: a male or a female? I choose a female, which is why I pretend to be one in real life. It's so that when I look in the mirror I will see a female."

    Real life is a first person game. This game you spend most of your time behind the character. If it was a cross dresser, I could tell that the hips are too square and it wouldn't look very much like a girl.
    That's not always true.

    Secondly, the point is a cross dresser could say that he'd rather look at a female than a male, which is why he cross dresses. He can't stand to look in the mirror and see an ugly male staring back at him.

    No they hide from RPing males who want to find a virtual RPing girlfriend by flirting with female characters, ignoring or not knowing that they are mostly dudes.
    Same thing.

    But the point is women don't say things like, "I play a male character because I'd rather stare at a male character all day than a female one, duh!"

  2. #32
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    My rationale is that I view my character psychologically as more of a "companion" in-game than I would a virtual representation of me. So the sexification or cross-dressing doesn't bother me. There is no latent ****-eroticism involved. In that regard, I'm actually not surprised that most of my female toons strongly resembled most recent girlfriends or exes at the time. Used to date a pony-tail blonde. My WoW main was a pony-tail blonde. Nowadays my toons are brunettes rocking bobcuts.

    Plus it has practical uses. In my early early Vanilla WoW days, /dance got me out of getting ganked by (???) Players more than a handful of times.

    Though, now that I re-read what I wrote. I'm not entirely sure my reasoning sounds less pathetic than the former. Sigh.

  3. #33
    Sword of Telara Nebhatesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leek View Post
    If your a sad neckbeard virgin who gets off on female avatars then i think you need to revaluate your existence
    If you're a sad neckbeard virgin who gets off by telling other people what they should/shouldn't do I think you need to reevaluate your existence.

    Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

  4. #34
    Plane Walker Doublespeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    Which is exactly what male players are doing when they play female characters.

    Uh it's a video game, these are pixels on the screen. Damn you need to get out.

    you aren't swinging that sword
    you aren't casting a spell
    you aren't killing anyone
    you aren't that male character
    you aren't that female character
    It's a game......pixels on a screen.
    Last edited by Doublespeak; 03-10-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic - Dostoevsky

  5. #35
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
    Heh, I swear, guys think of us as cute little fluffy animals that lower their heart rate when they stroke us. Or is that the other way around.
    ITS TRUE <3 girls

    I am a million percent in support of porno armor, but I am actually really curious about the motivation that some people have for making a female character. I assumed it was either love of women or legitimate gayness.

    People who use feminine names, doesn't it bother you when people call You that name? "Lalalina, get the flag" etc

  6. #36
    Sword of Telara Nebhatesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    Which is exactly what male players are doing when they play female characters.
    Definitely tried to cyber with a dude.

    Lolololol

    Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

  7. #37
    Rift Chaser BlestSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    350

    Default

    I picked Eth female because she holds her dagger differently than male.
    That simple. Besides that...cmon with all of that pseudo psyche.

    What I eat dont make you $hit.
    Play how you like.

    I played TombRaider and liked it..and other female themed games. Dont get the point.

    I play SF4 and my favorite fighter is C.Viper.
    Last edited by BlestSol; 03-10-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    What I eat doesnt make you......*
    Why do you care about what Im doing?


    *Thanks RiftMods, i'm sure that my sig was just getting under your skin that you had to bother me...why dont you run along and bother some trolls in those threads?

  8. #38
    Soulwalker Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Brb making a female character called Bruce in order to make it less awkward for everyone around me.

    (p.s. its this thread again)

  9. #39
    Rift Disciple gammexane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    108

    Default

    I play male chars because i like role, I can not role a female because i don't want. So I don't really care about this freud's wannabe theory.

    But....

    Quote Originally Posted by Doublespeak View Post
    Most of my female characters are started because my daughter likes creating characters for me.
    My daughter has created my chars, my dog has ate my homework...
    Last edited by gammexane; 03-10-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Rock is overpowered.
    Paper is fine.
    -Scissors -
    __________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammzle View Post
    Rifts happen bro!

  10. #40
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jai View Post
    Sexuality has never come into play in this. It's a character. It's not an alternate personality, it's a role. Is Robin Williams gay because he played a gay man in the Birdcage?
    No, I don't think any person would instantly become homosexual after cross dressing; however, that doesn't change the fact that cross dressing in itself is weird and gay. Robin Williams is an actor, so that type of thing is expected from him. But know that not every male actor would be OK with pretending to be gay.

    But video games are a different story. You're not a paid actor being asked to play as a gay guy or a female. You're just some guy who is burning time playing a video game--but choose to assume the role as a female for some strange reason.
    Last edited by Sarrum; 03-10-2011 at 12:36 PM.

  11. #41
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default The easy solution

    Play in 1st person perspective. That's what I do and so I do not have to stare at male behinds, be bugged by ugly armour or flashy animations. Side effect: I can be my character and not just pull the strings of a puppet, pure immersion.

    Of course I play on role playing servers and would not feel comfortable with role playing a female character. I am certain other people have less inhibitions and even enjoy role playing the opposite sex, no matter their sexual preference.

    And back to the topic, I like looking at sexy females in chain mail!

  12. #42
    Sword of Telara Nebhatesyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    No, I don't think any person would instantly become homosexual after cross dressing; however, that doesn't change the fact that cross dressing in itself is weird and gay. Robin Williams is an actor, so that type of thing is expected from him. But know that not every male actor would be OK with pretending to be gay.

    But video games are a different story. You're not a paid actor being asked to play as a gay guy or a female. You're just some guy who is burning time playing a video game--but choose to assume the role as a female for some strange reason.
    Every single guy who played Blood Rayne or Super Metroid is gay

    LOGIC!

    Edit, oh yeah and Tomb Raider.
    Last edited by Nebhatesyou; 03-10-2011 at 12:37 PM.

    Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

  13. #43
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    <points to Tomb Raider / Lara Croft>

    .. and the any number of games/movies with an attractive heroine who kicks butt.

  14. #44
    Champion of Telara dead2soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Most females play male characters anyways so the ******s don't harass them. If you are looking for the gender of the player to match the gender of the character you do really live in fantasy land.

  15. #45
    Plane Walker Doublespeak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    No, I don't think any person would instantly become homosexual after cross dressing; however, that doesn't change the fact that cross dressing in itself is weird and gay. Robin Williams is an actor, so that type of thing is expected from him. But know that not every male actor would be OK with pretending to be gay.

    But video games are a different story. You're not a paid actor being asked to play as a gay guy or a female. You're just some guy who is burning time playing a video game--but choose to assume the role as a female for some strange reason.
    You aren't that person, you aren't wearing that stuff. Why is that so hard to understand?

    Do you think you're in the game, is that the crux of the problem here? Has reality left you?
    Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic - Dostoevsky

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts