Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 245

Thread: Sexy Armor & Men Who Play Female Chars

  1. #211
    C56
    C56 is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    I don't want one!
    But their so deep, and corny

    Also the op obviously lacks KFC, get this man some chicken and deep friend corn stat D:

  2. #212
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I used to always use male characters in games and still do for single player games.

    But for some reason I tried a female character in WoW, after I already had a max level male character, and I liked it.

    I can't really explain it, but its almost kind of soothing focusing on a female character. It's like when I play a male character I focus on the world and events around me. When I play a female character, I focus on the character itself.
    you are creepy as hell

  3. #213
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    That's not always true. And you can substitute **** with anything else, really. The point is many of the arguments here are basically, "no u." "I'm virtual cross dressing because I'm comfortable with my masculinity; you're not because you aren't comfortable with your masculinity." Er, what? Isn't that backwards? If I was uncomfortable with my masculinity, wouldn't I be trying to run away from it by pretending to be a woman in real life... or perhaps a video game? See... that's how logic works folks. That actually makes sense. Try it sometime.

    If you were comfortable with your masculinity, you wouldn't be making posts on the forums wondering why other guys are OK with something that you so clearly are not OK with.

    You're the one who has a problem with playing female characters. You feel that if you choose to play a female character in a video game, that it actually says something about the individual's masculinity. Going so far to say that the individual wants to cross-dress and be ogled at by other men.

    You make some pretty deep assumptions that could only hold any weight if they were from self-analysis.

    So I conclude that you are not as secure with your masculinity as you say you are. Enough so in fact, that you wouldn't even think to play a female character in a video game because you feel that it would be making a statement about your masculinity.

    I'll say it again. You wouldn't play a female character in a video game, because you feel that it would be making a statement about your sexuality. You then project that self-analysis onto others.

    You've got a long way to go if you are aiming to be a psychologist, my friend.

  4. #214
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    No, that'd be true if you were afraid that you weren't masculine enough.

    But if you're uncomfortable with being a man or being masculine, then you'd welcome any opportunity to become more feminine, including playing as a female in a video game.
    Yeah OP is trolling. This is a useful thread for showing the devs that they better frickin not turn our fake girlfriends into nuns or else it is going to be very disappointing.

  5. #215
    Ascendant batou079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    gramma's house
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    I'm not going to read all of that.

    Maybe you made some good points? I don't know. Summarize it for me.
    WOW, this right here emphasizes my point. troll doesnt want to have a discussion and learn a thing or two.
    troll just wants more nomnomnomnomnomnomnom. intelligence also = willingness to learn mate. he made a very concise well written post. read it.

    Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

    Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

  6. #216
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
    Real men can indulge in their feminine side
    Why would a real man indulge in their feminine side?

    Do real women indulge in their masculine side?

    I'm comfortable with being a man and with my masculinity--so there's no need to indulge in femininity.

  7. #217
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I am a 22 year old male and I have no shame in exposing the fact that, right now, the two characters I play in Rift are females. No, I do not suffer from latent transgenderism and I do not drool over my character... To be honest, I have a hard time understanding how people like the OP come to such conclusions; maybe is it just a strong stigma tagging the gaming community? Maybe people are just close minded and don't really even try to understand or find an alternate explanation.

    As for me, i started playing my first female character in Diablo 2. Why? Well, she was a Sorceress and the sorceress class was female only. Does that mean the Amazon, Assassin and Sorceress classes were for female players and all the other classes for male players only? I highly doubt it.

    As for WoW, Rift and other recent MMORPGs, I usually play both genders because, if you haven't noticed, the animations vary according to race and gender. I don't know about you but I don't want to get bored of the game faster because my characters are all guys and have the exact same animations...

    Another point, it's a friggin' fantasy game! According to your logic, one could also say only small people can play dwarfs and only elves can play elves, etc. (that would make the elf playerbase pretty small I think).

    Honestly, get over your damn presumptions and preconceptions... It's 2011.

  8. #218
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Only reason my main (50 Eth Rogue) is female, is because they hold their weapons in the mainhand some weird ninja jedi backwards way.

    Its pimp. That at the males look ****. Just sayin.

    My casters are male, though.
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edtion, 6GB Kingston Hyper-X Blu 1600 ram, Gigabyte HD 6850-OC 1GB, Corsair VX750W PSU, ASUS MS248H 24inch HDMI Monitor, Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 Motherboard.

  9. #219
    Rift Chaser Drizzt of the Underdark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    388

    Default

    OP looks at man butts and likes it.
    When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead. ~ Barney Stinson

  10. #220
    Soulwalker Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    Why would a real man indulge in their feminine side?

    Do real women indulge in their masculine side?

    I'm comfortable with being a man and with my masculinity--so there's no need to indulge in femininity.
    Context my friend.

    I take it you're uncomfortable with wearing pink too?

  11. #221
    Jai
    Jai is offline
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    Yes, except this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. What you're saying is a bordering self-contradiction. If a person was truly uncomfortable with their masculinity (or femininity), then they'd be considering something like a sex change--and not considering making themselves appear more masculine or feminine (depending on whether they are female or male). Think about it.

    Let me try to make this even more simple for you. Would you say a person who undergoes a sex change was uncomfortable or comfortable with their original sex?
    At that point they have no relation to their original sex. A male undergoing or considering undergoing a sex change is comfortable with their femininity. A male who is uncomfortable (or insecure) in their masculinity would be the one who does everything to be as manly as possible.

    I see your problem with this, you don't understand the phrase.

  12. #222
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GabMuayThai View Post
    It's 2011.
    ...still? I feel like I've been reading this thread forever.

  13. #223
    Ascendant Vale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrum View Post
    First of all, it's disturbing to me
    They make medication for people who are 'disturbed'. Perhaps you should ask your doctor for some.
    Server issues? Check here first - http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

  14. #224
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairlessOrphan View Post
    ...still? I feel like I've been reading this thread forever.
    haha ty for the chuckle

  15. #225
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    Intelligence also = willingness to learn mate. he made a very concise well written post. read it.
    That's not true at all. Let's say for the sake of this discussion that there exists a being who is omniscient. A being who is omniscient wouldn't have any kind of willingness to learn because he would already know everything.

    Also... I very much doubt he made any good points. But I'm not going to say he didn't. I just don't feel like reading all of that just to find out that he didn't make any good points and that I wasted my time. He can summarize his points if he wants.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts