+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 411

Thread: Please submit application...LOL

  1. #16
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alotta Mayhem View Post
    The point was that they take people based on who can fill out the apps the best, and have never actually played with or got to know the person behind the app, and don't take those that they know or have played with without filling a stupid app out ..so they are doing it very backwards and I've run into several of these guilds like this. Seems like a big trend of Guild stupidity that's going on around here...
    Please note that the application process more often than not includes running many dungeons and/or similar group things in order to get an appropriate grasp on how the applicant reacts to many different situations.

  2. #17
    Shield of Telara Morcova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alotta Mayhem View Post
    The point was that they take people based on who can fill out the apps the best,
    Nope.

    We ran a guy a few weeks ago and he had great DPS, was able to stay out of fire and such, had him fill out an op, one of our questions, (besides age/if you can make our raid times) was whats your guild history. Guy lists a bunch of guilds, one of them was a friends guild, I contact her, this guy had just left their guild because they weren't treating him like he thought he should be treated, he thought he should get first call on gear and was a general snob and a whiner when things didn't go his way. Using the info given on the app I contacted the other GM's and they all gave me the same story.

    So thanks to my guilds app system we didn't get a problem player.

    Sounds pretty useful to me.

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple Alotta Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcova View Post
    Wow you are the worst boss ever, pretty much every employer I've had has asked for applications so that atleast they can do background checks.
    I dont own a burger king or Mcdonalds, I recruit reputable sales professionals and could care less what their background is as long as they make me money and take care of my customers.

    As for The rest of your post, you obviously didn't read and comprehend the message so there's no point in clarifying.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, "The Art Of War"

  4. #19
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    It's a small price to pay to weed out people who are seriously that into themselves.

  5. #20
    Rift Disciple Alotta Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcova View Post
    Nope.

    We ran a guy a few weeks ago and he had great DPS, was able to stay out of fire and such, had him fill out an op, one of our questions, (besides age/if you can make our raid times) was whats your guild history. Guy lists a bunch of guilds, one of them was a friends guild, I contact her, this guy had just left their guild because they weren't treating him like he thought he should be treated, he thought he should get first call on gear and was a general snob and a whiner when things didn't go his way. Using the info given on the app I contacted the other GM's and they all gave me the same story.

    So thanks to my guilds app system we didn't get a problem player.

    Sounds pretty useful to me.
    So you did get to know the guy, before and after the application right? Again you fail to Grasp what I was saying and automatically jump to negative Assumptions and we all know what is in front of every ASSumption...Please read and understand what I was talking about before posting..
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, "The Art Of War"

  6. #21
    Ascendant Kitsuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheblackwizard View Post
    It sounds like you are hiring people for a job..
    I thought MMORPG's still are games, not work.
    You can play without a guild like that if you want. There's plenty of guilds with random invites or without any questions at all. Usually what you see in them is people constantly quitting and joining.

    Most guilds are not asking for your resume. They just want to know a bit about you and see if you can even bother with a minor commitment like that.

  7. #22
    Soulwalker oOSpiritOo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    My guild as an application but we also will invite people we know as well without an application. We're a role playing guild, so we like to make sure the role player would fit in so they can have the best experience with us as possible. The application is for those who want to join but might have not met us yet and are just joining based off of our recruitment topic. Let's us sorta get to know them, ya know?

    Obviously if we've met them in-game and such, then an application isn't needed and that's what the guildlaunch launch code is for. :3

    [Aeternum|Guardian RP Guild|Estrael]

  8. #23
    Shield of Telara Morcova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alotta Mayhem View Post
    So you did get to know the guy, before and after the application right? Again you fail to Grasp what I was saying and automatically jump to negative Assumptions and we all know what is in front of every ASSumption...Please read and understand what I was talking about before posting..
    Nope had nothing to do with him after researching his application.

    And I grasp fully your point, I just don't agree with it.

    You ASSume that I didn't because I don't agree with you.

  9. #24
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I have nohing againgst a guild having you fill out an app, but then their shoud not ask you to join them and then tell him to fill out an app, their wanted him to join, so why did he have to fill out an app?

    If someone ask me to join them, then the most I shoud do is make a forum account on thier site.

    I seen same crap in warhammer, old guild merge with other, 10 players join them freely, rest of us hade to fill out app, only 2 did, and their where rejected. Ofcouse ther leader of the old guild was an alt in the other guild, so we hade to reform and start over.
    That is elitist jerks.

    I have join many guild where all I type was 2 lines, or was invite ingame.
    Last edited by MegaGame; 03-10-2011 at 02:31 AM.

  10. #25
    Rift Disciple Alotta Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oOSpiritOo View Post
    My guild as an application but we also will invite people we know as well without an application. We're a role playing guild, so we like to make sure the role player would fit in so they can have the best experience with us as possible. The application is for those who want to join but might have not met us yet and are just joining based off of our recruitment topic. Let's us sorta get to know them, ya know?

    Obviously if we've met them in-game and such, then an application isn't needed and that's what the guildlaunch launch code is for. :3
    Im not into RP but This is how it should be all around, Kudos to you and your guild....
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, "The Art Of War"

  11. #26
    Ascendant Wonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Raiding guilds mostly use applications to screen the talent... casual guilds don't go through the trouble in most cases.

    For raiding guilds one app can save hours of drama.

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airrows View Post
    This should be pretty simple to understand. Many end game raiding guilds limit what classes, or how many of each class they take on their raids. *snip*
    TL;DR:
    Your argument of wanting to have only certain classes in a Raid is invalid for Rift. And, on a personal note: thank frak for that!


    Let me examine your argument with a few examples:

    Let's assume the Guild wants to have a (support) Healer.
    Which class, oh dear Lord please tell me, which class could the guild use? Ohh! I see.
    A bard, a Chloromancer or a Cleric! Yes, that's right. 3 out of 4 callings can fit the role specified perfectly. Wait, it get's even better! Those callings have up to 4 Roles they can activate by clicking on a single button. Have enough HeAlZZZZ(tm)? Great, the Mage just respeccs to Necromancer (e.g.) on the fly between two fights- without the need to regenerate Mana!

    Now for the tanks:
    How many classes can fit this role? Right: Again 3 out of 4! And can those classes also respecc on the fly to play a damage dealer? Yes, they can!

    Crowd Control:
    Mages and Rogues. Both have plenty of abilities to CC mobs- and thanks to the different Roles it is NO problem whatsoever to have enough of them in the raid.

    Damage:
    All classes.
    Last edited by nethweniel; 03-10-2011 at 02:40 AM.

  13. #28
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    Actually, we have applications to ensure several things.

    1. They truly want to be part of our guild.
    2. They have a full and clear understanding of the goals we have as a cohesive unit.
    3. That we like their outlook and feel that we can get along with them on a long term basis based upon multiple levels of view on various things in game.
    4. Because guilds with a selective process, which acts as a fail safe, last longer than those that do not. These guilds, such as mine, often even expand across many games and have a dedicated following. For example there are branches of my guild in Rift, World of Warcraft, DC Universe and Guild Wars.
    Agreed completely!

  14. #29
    Rift Disciple Bearmug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtheblackwizard View Post
    I guess these guilds have applications because they think it makes them elite or something.
    Best to stay away from these freaks of nature!
    Or they just want to see if new member too lazy to register on forum and post 3 lines of text?

    Post on forum is also a nice way to judge a person, not to mention it increases the probability that the member will read the forum, which is important if raid/organised group signups are on forum.
    The Guardians are short sighted zealots who refuse to see the bigger picture, and the Defiant are so focused on the bigger picture that they take enormous risks.
    -- Renashin

  15. #30
    Ascendant Kitsuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nethweniel View Post
    TL;DR:
    Your argument of wanting to have only certain classes in a Raid is invalid for Rift. And, on a personal note: thank frak for that!
    No it's not. There's still a question of some classes being better at certain things and how buffs stack or don't stack. Don't assume.

    Besides if they need a certain soul they will actually have to get a person who wants to play one.
    Last edited by Kitsuner; 03-10-2011 at 02:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts