+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Zomg you stole my node!

Default Zomg you stole my node!

So last night I'm running through Scarlett Gorge to Scarwood Reach.

I spot a Foraging node on the radar..just Krankweed (almost useless) but I decide to run over and harvest it anyways in hopes of maybe getting a point on my foraging skill.

Not far from the node there is a guy and his pet beating on a mob.

I go ahead and harvest the node. Not but a minute later I start getting hate tells about how I stole this guy's node. I reply "Sorry, I didn't realize you were after that node. I'd be happy to mail it to you."

His response "You must either be new to MMO's or a total jerk. I'm so sick of people thinking they can do whatever they want without regard to other players!"

After a good laugh I went about my business. But it got me thinking. Although there is an established etiquette for this type of scenario, where do you draw the line between, "I'm going to wait around for you to kill that mob" and "I'm going to gather the node and be on my way".

So, my question for the forum is this.

You see a node on your radar, you head towards that node and see someone fighting a mob near it. Do you:
    [A] Gather the node
    [B] Ignore it and keep running
    [C] Wait for the person to finish fighting the mob, and see if they gather the node. If they don't then you take it.
    Last edited by Sneezer; 03-09-2011 at 01:45 PM.

i steal nodes for the lulz

C.

I don't expect the same in return, tho it's a pleasant surprise when it happens.

Champion

If someone attempts stealing my nodes I just attempt to mine them during combat.

Normally if I see a node near someone fighting I wait.
    Last edited by Untouch; 03-09-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Soulwalker

If you really care so much you could of just clicked on the player and check for the track plant buff.

I do it all the time for mining to see if I need to drop what I'm doing and steal the node from someone fighting next to it or if I can take my time in getting over to the node and mine it.

I ignore it and keep running if the person is right on the node fighting. But that's just me. Too nice for my own good it seems.

Rift Disciple

[C] Wait for the person to finish fighting the mob, and see if they gather the node. If they don't then you take it.

lol, i hate it when someone ninja's the node im trying to get. But at the same time, its just 1 node. Its that guys problem because he stressed himself out over it. My only issue is its quite hard to get from foraging 75-115 because of the lack of nodes. Still, its not worth being a jerk over, he's such a hypocrite by calling you a jerk, after his reaction.

[c] is probably the most respectable.
    Last edited by Xuhybrid; 03-09-2011 at 01:52 PM.

You did fine. That guy was a jerk. There are a lot of jerks playing online. Even in a rift I saw someone say, "Dont help him he is a leach" I dont know if they were talking bout me with my Riftblade but clearly some people have their panties in a bunch and are prone to bouts of nerd rage

Most of the time I'm nice to leave what is blatantly someone else's, and come back if possible.

Other times I don't care.

I usually back off and see if they're gonna farm it.

But sometimes I'm running along and oh-look I'll get a foraging point.

Depends.
    The sword is nothing without the woman.

I. Am. Defiant.

C.

If someone is fighting near it it's entirely possible that they had to clear the mob to harvest the node. But some people just take them anyways. Just one of those MMO things.

The fact that he got all ragey about it is hilarious. He's probably got a Quit post on the forums somewhere.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Plane Walker

C in most cases.

A if the guy's an enemy, or if I know he has done this to me, or if I don't like his name
    B no, I don't ignore mines.

Also , take into consideration if I'm running a Mining route for instance, then I will purposely "steal" other people's mines because I know they will do the same to me, I also want them to go somewhere else, so stealing will discourage them. If I'm not dedicated mining, then I will use C.

If I see a node with a mob on/near it, and others are around, I wait for them to move in and fight. While they are fighting I will go take the node. Yes it makes them mad and no I don't care.
    {Emberlord}{Defiant} < Pheonix > - Savage, the warrior.

So far it's been a judgment call based on how close they were to the node. When I want a node but I aggro a mob I stand on the node to fight the mob, in an attempt to signal my claim. I usually err on the side of waiting if they were kind of close though, or moving on if I don't really need the node.

I like Atro's idea of checking for the tracking buff on the other player though. Very clever, and I'll start doing that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast