Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tears

Rift Disciple

Default Tears

Cry for me!

Seriously though, I can't find any info online about it. I'm 5/8 on tears (going to get rat one now), but I need fox and snake tear. Can anyone point me in a general direction?

General of Telara

Seriously?

Kill the creatures associated with the tears. If it asks for Snake Tears, kill snakes. Fox Tears, foxes. The critters aren't named for breeds either, they're just named generic "Snake" "Fox" "Coyote" etc.

Also you didn't provide which side you were on either. I can tell you Coyotes and Snkes are in Gloamwood but if you're Defiant, that's not going to help you much

Soulwalker

Both fox and snake tears can be aquired in Shimmersands, which is probably your best bet. I should warn you that getting the snake tear left me mentally crushed after the first hour of spamming my "kill snake" macro and running around like a maniac.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Malek Wolvesbane View Post
    Seriously?

Kill the creatures associated with the tears. If it asks for Snake Tears, kill snakes. Fox Tears, foxes. The critters aren't named for breeds either, they're just named generic "Snake" "Fox" "Coyote" etc.

Also you didn't provide which side you were on either. I can tell you Coyotes and Snkes are in Gloamwood but if you're Defiant, that's not going to help you much
    Sorry, I'm defiant. I was looking on telarapedia for the mobs and couldn't find any other then rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Starn View Post
    Both fox and snake tears can be aquired in Shimmersands, which is probably your best bet. I should warn you that getting the snake tear left me mentally crushed after the first hour of spamming my "kill snake" macro and running around like a maniac.
    Ty, I'll go slaughter them now!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Starn View Post
    I am (by the tic marks on my paper here) 87 to 0 on snake tears.
    ePeen Startup Script Init:
    Insert Pointless PC Spec >HERE<
    Insert Photochopped Character banner >HERE<
    Insert unfunny forum quote >HERE<

Quote Originally Posted by Renala View Post
    Cry for me!

Seriously though, I can't find any info online about it. I'm 5/8 on tears (going to get rat one now), but I need fox and snake tear. Can anyone point me in a general direction?
    IIRC I've seen both foxes and snakes in Scarlet Gorge.

Rift Disciple

found snakes outside darkening deeps ( 4889,2432) but no luck. Going to take a snake break and hunt down some rats. There supposed to be in this area too.

found snakes outside darkening deeps ( 4889,2432) but no luck. Going to take a snake break and hunt down some rats. There supposed to be in this area too.
    Got more rat and fox tears than I could shake a stick at in Iron Pine Peaks and Stillmoor (hundreds of snakes and rats, with a few foxes in IPP). Got two snake tears to drop so far, one for me and one for the auction house. I must have killed at least 100 snakes to get the first one. Second one came about 5 snakes after, pah.

Best luck I've had with snakes is just outside Lantern Hook, had about 5 drop out of about 50 kills.

http://www.dragonsyndicate.net/
    "Because Defiants are not waiting for a miracle. We are making one." -MissDoomcookie

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Najya View Post
    Got more rat and fox tears than I could shake a stick at in Iron Pine Peaks and Stillmoor (hundreds of snakes and rats, with a few foxes in IPP). Got two snake tears to drop so far, one for me and one for the auction house. I must have killed at least 100 snakes to get the first one. Second one came about 5 snakes after, pah.
    going to try here. Gloamwood had <no> rats at all. Just snakes. All of which didn't drop anything but scales and blood

General of Telara

If it's any consolation, Snakes can't cry IRL. (I think... unless this is another Texas lie)

Snakes are in Stillmoor and Shimmersands, foxes are in Shimmersands. Rats are just about everywhere, like in real life

Edit: it's supposed to be easier to get tears if you let the Critter Killer debuff wear off first
    Last edited by boots; 03-09-2011 at 09:12 AM.

BOth are found in early stillmoor if you still end up looking for them by then.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Edit: it's supposed to be easier to get tears if you let the Critter Killer debuff wear off first
    iI generally let it wear off while waiting on respawn anyway :<

Rift Disciple

the mobs around the foxes I've found in IPP kill the foxes.. ontop of that, they don't give me the debuff. :<

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast