+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: All you folks who've been HACKED...sign in with your current total wait time..

Rift Disciple

Default All you folks who've been HACKED...sign in with your current total wait time..

2 tickets, 3 CS phone calls....48 hours and counting and no resolution
    Last edited by krighton; 03-08-2011 at 03:54 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by krighton View Post
    48 hours and counting..........
    6 hours so far. Not logging into my account until it's fixed either, as I'd be pretty annoyed to go out and do quests and stuff and have a rollback or something after and have to re-do it again.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    6 hours so far. Not logging into my account until it's fixed either, as I'd be pretty annoyed to go out and do quests and stuff and have a rollback or something after and have to re-do it again.
    i started a new character....hoping they don't roll back the entire servers worth of characters...i specified only the ONE guy.....

Rift Disciple

Rift CS said they're SWAMPED with Hacked accounts....so it might take a while to get it worked out....

RIFT Guide Writer Sinfullysweet's Avatar

If my mage had a insta restore option, I would use it for you guys. =(

Sorry to hear about your wait and compromised accounts. Hope it gets resolved for you soon!

Sinfullysweet of Grievance on Wolfsbane
    PLAY ~*~Twitter ~*~ Raptr ~*~ Sinfullysweet's Steam ~*~ Sin's Xbox Profile
    WorldofWardrobes.net is no longer available due to hosting issues *RIP*.

42 hours and counting =( No response, not even the canned we are working on it crap.

Soulwalker

24 hours, whoever sold all my **** left me 3 plat to buy new gear + cousin gave me some. Only thing that is really annoying me is that fact i lost all my bags, crafting mats, and planar focus.

I heard they roll back so i guess I'm going to lose my new gear (boe greens) and about 90k exp.
    Last edited by tipsythegza; 03-08-2011 at 06:17 PM.

My account was compromised sometime today so, I'm just getting started.

I've read several posts where folks are speculating how they are getting our info. What I don't understand is, after realizing I had been compromised, I ran malwarebytes, combofix, MS security essentials and McAfee virus scan and found nothing.

No malware, no spyware, no browser hijackers, no keyloggers, no trojans, nothing.

So what does that leave as to how someone is getting into our accounts? Brute force attacks? It's frustrating as hell. I've been playing MMO's since Dark Age of Camelot in 2002 and have never had this happen.

I hope the folks at Trion can investigate and give us all some info on how this is being done.
    Graysen - 50 assassin - Defiant - Sunrest <Evil Dead>

Graysen - 40/83 Witch Hunter - Badlands

Graysyn - 40/64 Slayer - Badlands

Where do you submit a ticket for a hacked account?

I can't believe I got hacked. I guess there's always a first time for everything.
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

Soulwalker

Default Hacked and worried

I was very surprised to be hacked after many years of gaming. It was odd, I kept getting booted and it said I was logged in, in another window, and it took me a bit to realize all my money was gone and my good essenses from my bank, I think I got them in the act of clearing out my stuff. But my 26 plat is gone...my hard earned bit of money. I changed my passwords, and email address and the ones on my computer too. I did some scans and deleted 4 potential keyloggers. FOUR ...how they got there I've no idea. I have been waiting to hear from Trion for over a day now 24 hours and nothing, I reported them immediately, was hoping they could track the person who received my plat in the mail.

Shadowlander

1 hour...

Damn this is lame, I can't believe they allowed brute force to be a possible way for hackers to get in...
    so lame...

Plane Touched

Guys .. lol.. 1.. I am sorry about your accounts. I really feel bad for ya. Well I used the IN GAME send a msg to GM? Well I get this EMAIL today saying since I have not got back to them for 48h my TICKET is SOLVED! HAHA.. I even UPDATED my problem and the ONLY time they said ONE WORD was today telling me it was closed. I dont know what to tell ya

I'm guessing some fansite has a keylogger on it right now. I actually fought the hacker for 20min where it said "You have logged in from another session". You would think Rift would just lock the account but w.e.

Reason why I know its a fansite, haven't logged into the email this account is signed up for in a while. So yay

Telaran

45 hours and counting. Along with one email to support and two phone calls.

Default yeah

Didn't think I would be in this situation as I am very careful with my passwords ect.

My account has been compromised as well but I sent in a support ticket, hopefully this can be resolved.. however I have norton security suite up to date didn't put my info into any stupid phishing attempt and my firewall is very secure.

I have no clue how this happened and it is a good thing that I use a different password for my other personal accounts, my only suggestion is that it maybe that my account information was taken due to a forum exploit?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast