+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: instancing

Default Instancing

How much of the world will be instanced?

I hate how guild wars is set like that and Aion I hate it intanced like that

I would rather an open world where you and your party dont have to worry about changing instances or channels
    Last edited by Oabe; 04-27-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Join us in the IRC | The Original Rift Wiki: Telarapedia
    The Rift Pod cast: Rift Pod cast | Rift IRC: Rift IRC

It has been mentioned in the past that most of the world will be persistent with some instancing scattered throughout for dungeons and stuff.

Expect an instance or 2 here or there. Even in VG, there was some instancing. But don't expect it to be at its entirity.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

The less instancing the better, IMO.

One of the articles posted today mentioned that the world was seamless with no loading screens except when teleporting. But it's probably a safe bet to say that there will be instanced dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by suinelah View Post
    Generally, aye.

I think that World of Warcraft actually did it very well (One of the few unmatched gameplay aspects if you ask me from that game). Dungeons and other important PvE encounters are instanced and the rest is all persistent. That's how it should be in my book. All the instances totally ruined Guild Wars for me for example.

/agree i cant stand full world instancing

Quote Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
    Generally, aye.

I think that World of Warcraft actually did it very well (One of the few unmatched gameplay aspects if you ask me from that game). Dungeons and other important PvE encounters are instanced and the rest is all persistent. That's how it should be in my book. All the instances totally ruined Guild Wars for me for example.
    Exactly. Instancing is probably a "necessary evil" in MMO's. With a bit of creativity it doesn't have to be a bad thing (even for me).

Games that are full world open will have its problems as is full world instancing. Having a little bit of one or the other won't make the game less appealing. People like full open world...until they can't get what they want done because certain individuals won't let them. (A whole different story)

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Generally, aye.

Should also have some good stuff in the open world to create some conflict for. Preferably more than one.

Generally, aye.

They did, until they made it that you can just teleport to the instance. I bloody hate teleporting. Why design a world when you are just going to let people skip it?

Less instancing like most say, the better. Even having open world dungeons (outdoor dungeons) would be nice. Hope the game will be brave and make a huge open world similar to Vanguards. Make adventuring important.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleena View Post
    Should also have some good stuff in the open world to create some conflict for. Preferably more than one.
    Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

Let's keep our fingers crossed, shall we?
    isnt that all we can do for now? :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Bignheavy View Post
    Less instancing like most say, the better. Even having open world dungeons (outdoor dungeons) would be nice. Hope the game will be brave and make a huge open world similar to Vanguards. Make adventuring important.
    Though I love my adventuring, I think a game like this deserves some instancing. This creates a more dynamic feel for the groups inside of the dungeon/raid/etc. When you have twenty thousand other people trying to kill your mob, it can get very frustrating. And this is without telling you about the animations that are used on a alternate server, compared to open world.
    Howdy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast