Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The magical color changing properties of gear

Default The magical color changing properties of gear

Curious if anyone else has noticed this: Every so often my armor, whether I have dyed it or not, will magically and randomly appear to be entirely a new color. I first noticed this on my rogue in warfronts, occasionally I'd look at my characters gear and it would appear to be black - even though it should of been the default coloring.

At first I assumed maybe it was a buff shading my character, but I checked that and nope, then I thought maybe it was warfront specific, like a team coloring, but again no as I started seeing it happen outside of wfs. Now on my warrior I just started playing, I'm noticing it again only this time every once in awhile my plate will all appear to be dyed dark red for no reason. I've also noticed that control clicking my equipped armor to bring up the dressing room, will reset that piece it to its proper color. Is there perhaps a bug with the color system?

Telaran

Really wish my armor would stay that color, it looks so much more interesting.

did you alt tab out and back in happened to me when I did that , but till I do all seems normal

Quote Originally Posted by zonezerozel View Post
    did you alt tab out and back in happened to me when I did that , but till I do all seems normal
    I haven't noticed a direct connection to tabbing out but I will check that when the servers come back up.

Champion

It seems to colour code itself after you die!

But after you dye it, it will stay one colour.

My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

Soulwalker

This rarely happens to me as well. My gear will get green bits and the highlights on my toons hair become green. I don't really mind since it generally goes away pretty quickly and it looks kind of cool. Just odd.

Had this happen with my clothes a few times, randomly changing colours and I have to take them off/re-equip them to turn it back to its normal colour.
    I just thought it was something wrong with my setup didn't realise anyone else was having this problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoxi View Post
    MMORPG players have evolved from gamers, people that accommodate to the rules to win the game. To people that want the rules to accommodate them.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Erravi View Post
    Curious if anyone else has noticed this: Every so often my armor, whether I have dyed it or not, will magically and randomly appear to be entirely a new color. I first noticed this on my rogue in warfronts, occasionally I'd look at my characters gear and it would appear to be black - even though it should of been the default coloring.

At first I assumed maybe it was a buff shading my character, but I checked that and nope, then I thought maybe it was warfront specific, like a team coloring, but again no as I started seeing it happen outside of wfs. Now on my warrior I just started playing, I'm noticing it again only this time every once in awhile my plate will all appear to be dyed dark red for no reason. I've also noticed that control clicking my equipped armor to bring up the dressing room, will reset that piece it to its proper color. Is there perhaps a bug with the color system?
    Yes my mage was the clown of town yesterday, red, black, blue, red, black, blue every time I changed zones, or moved in and out of a rift. Or even when I zoned into Iron Tomb she would change colors. I thought I was losing my mind. Glad to know I am not the only one experiencing this.

As best as I can tell this occurs with drastic lighting changes.

The colors the gear gets dyed *may* have a correlation to your character's hair color as well. My friend has purple hair and reported a purplish hue to their gear, my cleric has red hair - red gear, my rogue has black hair - black gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsnail View Post
    This rarely happens to me as well. My gear will get green bits and the highlights on my toons hair become green. I don't really mind since it generally goes away pretty quickly and it looks kind of cool. Just odd.
    This exactly has happened to me...it does look cool since my base hair color is white...the green looks kinda cool.

Some men...just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
    It seems to colour code itself after you die!

But after you dye it, it will stay one colour.
    Another thing to test, certainly would explain why I noticed it first and most often in WFs.

As best as I can tell this occurs with drastic lighting changes.

The colors the gear gets dyed *may* have a correlation to your character's hair color as well. My friend has purple hair and reported a purplish hue to their gear, my cleric has red hair - red gear, my rogue has black hair - black gear.
    Hmm, I think that's the same for me. My warriors hair is dark red.
    Last edited by Erravi; 03-06-2011 at 03:14 AM.

I see this occasionally as well, most often after experiencing a spell effect that "engulfs" my character. When she comes back, some of her armor will be a really dark teal color. It does go away by reequiping and such.

Not totally bothersome, just odd.

This has happened on my dyed gear as well so its not limited to un-dyed gear. I checked with a friend and when i see its colour changed it still looks normal to them. Hope they fix it though, there was a reason i dyed my gear .

This has been happening to me since beta 5. I thought, and sort of still think it is my video card. Or at least the way it is reading the information.

It's not a great deal, though slightly annoying. For me though, I have to log all the way out and back in to the game.

I run a 9800GT, updated drivers...

Yes it also hapens to me, A gold breast plate used to turn green in the gold bits, actually loloked better
    I replaced it and tinted my new gear, didnt happen for ages then after porting it all completly changed, another port, logout of just take gear off and put it back on fixes it.
    I have notice it change duiring these times:
    Dying
    Creating items at a forge
    Porting thru in game system
    Alt tabbing

Cheers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast