+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: just bought the game, i got no credit card..

Question just bought the game, i got no credit card..

...am i supposed to go back to the store and spend an additional 30 bucks plus tax, plus gas, just to be able to apply a gamecode to my account to continue to play a game i was already playing?

i cant add the retail code to my account because i dont/wont own a credit card, so my question is , i thought the retail game purchase included a 30 day subscription , was i mistaken?

if so, i have to say i think $80+ tax starting price to play for non credit card users is too much, and i am very very irritated that i cant play today because of this, but id like clarification if i was mistaken on the included gametime

so, tldr
    im pissed since i cant get a subscription with a credit card, cant apply the retail code to my account, and i cant play till i spend an additional 30 dollars ...help?
    Last edited by lcl22; 03-05-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Telaran

i believe they accept PayPal
    Last edited by glutamine; 03-05-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Sword of Telara Tuatha de Danaan's Avatar

If you don't own a card, I believe you can by time cards from places like Walmart, Meijer, etc. and apply those instead.
    "On ne voit bien qu'avec le cur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    You can see clearly only with your heart. What is truly important is invisible to the eyes
    - Fox to the Little Prince.

The Code I Live By:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

Rift Disciple

I don't understand why people are having issues with this. It's just how MMO's work, theres nothing you can do about it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lcl22 View Post
    ...am i supposed to go back to the store and spend an additional 30 bucks plus tax, plus gas, just to be able to apply a gamecode to my account to continue to play a game i was already playing?

i cant add the retail code to my account because i dont/wont own a credit card, so my question is , i thought the retail game purchase included a 30 day subscription , was i mistaken?

if so, i have to say i think $80+ tax starting price to play for non credit card users is too much, and i am very very irritated that i cant play today because of this, but id like clarification if i was mistaken on the included gametime

so, tldr
    im pissed since i cant get a subscription with a credit card, cant apply the retail code to my account, and i cant play till i spend an additional 30 dollars ...help?
    I was pissed too.

Quote Originally Posted by glutamine View Post
    Yup, this. They had a huge Paypal announcement during the last beta, which went live just before headstart released. Paypal can be used to pay for the game, including subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by pinktoque View Post
    Yup, this. They had a huge Paypal announcement during the last beta, which went live just before headstart released. Paypal can be used to pay for the game, including subscription.
    and pray do tell how do i put funds into the paypal account?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundravalco View Post
    I don't understand why people are having issues with this. It's just how MMO's work, theres nothing you can do about it.
    the fact that i cant apply the retail key i just bought, unless i supply them with a credit card, i DONT OWN, or drive an hour back and spend an additional 30 dollars for game time I DONT NEED now...

understand champ?

Rift Disciple

It was very clear on the steam download that a credit card was required to play the game. Was there no warning on the retail copy or did you ignore it?

Quote Originally Posted by mustikka View Post
    I was pissed too.
    So thats two players who purchase a pay to play game with no means to pay for it other than the method that is easily available to them and is essentially how they would be required to do it with every other mmo.

lifts the rock off the scrub~

sorry you've been living under there

go check out paypal and notice you can load via your bank acct.
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatha de Danaan View Post
    If you don't own a card, I believe you can by time cards from places like Walmart, Meijer, etc. and apply those instead.
    well thank you for the response....even if it just says something i already said in the op...
    please people , dont jsut skim over stuff...

the point is i dont NEED game time right now, and id have to drive an hour back to the store, just to get 2 months of gametime i wont even begin to use until one month down the line...

YOU CANT APPLY THE RETAIL CODE UNLESS YOU DO EITHER, this is what im complaining/asking about, its seriously irritating..

You can tie a PayPal account to a bank account instead of a card number. I assume you have a bank account of some form, or paying for Rift is the least of your worries in this strange, strange, modern world we live in.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

the fact that i cant apply the retail key i just bought, unless i supply them with a credit card, i DONT OWN, or drive an hour back and spend an additional 30 dollars for game time I DONT NEED now...

understand champ?
    Hint Sherlock: You need a penny on the card, not $30. KO'd.
    "I'm impervious to your verbal attacks because I'm
    me and you're still, you. Not your fault though."

Quote Originally Posted by glutamine View Post
    When setting up PayPal, it requires you to have or add a valid credit card, even if you have a PayPal balance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast