+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: just bought the game, i got no credit card..

Quote Originally Posted by lcl22 View Post
    in any case, its just irritating as hell that it wasnt stated i can understand them wanting to secure subs, but not everyone likes or have credit cards
    It WAS stated. AND they offered an alternative to not having a CC - by using your Paypal account, which works worldwide by just adding your bank account information. If you do not have a bank account of any kind or a CC, you should've been aware of the problems you'd face trying to pay for a subscription-based game long before now. That's not Trion's fault. It's standard MMO subscription procedure, not something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokenaw View Post
    as far as i know the uk and the us are the only ones that have a debit card that can double as a credit card.
    I know for sure canada's debit cards are access to the bank account only.
    We have ATM cards and Debit cards. ATM cards do not work as a Credit card but Debit cards do. It all depends on if you have that little Credit card logo on it. If it says MasterCard, Visa, etc on it you can use it as a Credit card.

Plus our Debit cards do only access the bank account. It doesn't act like a Credit card in the fact of paying it back later. The money still comes directly out.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Quote Originally Posted by Arixtotle View Post
    Plus our Debit cards do only access the bank account. It doesn't act like a Credit card in the fact of paying it back later. The money still comes directly out.
    Which is why I love them and only own a credit card for emergencies, never used it.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

Soulwalker

It says quite clearly on the back of the game box what financial requirements there will be.

Sword of Telara Tuatha de Danaan's Avatar

well thank you for the response....even if it just says something i already said in the op...
    please people , dont jsut skim over stuff...

the point is i dont NEED game time right now, and id have to drive an hour back to the store, just to get 2 months of gametime i wont even begin to use until one month down the line...

YOU CANT APPLY THE RETAIL CODE UNLESS YOU DO EITHER, this is what im complaining/asking about, its seriously irritating..
    You could try to use your bank account via paypal, to start a reoccurring 1 month sub and then cancel it immediately. It should only charge at the beginning of the next month, in which case, you've already canceled.

I dunno, just trying to help and I'm tired.
    Last edited by Tuatha de Danaan; 03-05-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    "On ne voit bien qu'avec le cur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    You can see clearly only with your heart. What is truly important is invisible to the eyes
    - Fox to the Little Prince.

The Code I Live By:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

Quote Originally Posted by RJTravis View Post
    When you buy a apartment for 5 months & you get 1 month free you need to pay the firsts months rent before you move in.
    In this case you don't actually HAVE to pay anything since you can cancel your subscription before the subscription is going to be charged. Your analogy is wrong.

Noo

well thank you for the response....even if it just says something i already said in the op...
    please people , dont jsut skim over stuff...

the point is i dont NEED game time right now, and id have to drive an hour back to the store, just to get 2 months of gametime i wont even begin to use until one month down the line...

YOU CANT APPLY THE RETAIL CODE UNLESS YOU DO EITHER, this is what im complaining/asking about, its seriously irritating..
    Well Trion does need to verify that you are a physical person with a physical address. Otherwise you could be using the name of Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck.

lawls If u buy the game YA you get a free 30days that requires a CC ANY MMO does this or a game card
    Are you ready for the Onslaught?
    Xen of Onslaught

TwilightAngel
    Well you better be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkha View Post
    When setting up PayPal, it requires you to have or add a valid credit card, even if you have a PayPal balance
    Wrong Paypal only needs a bank account OR a CC to use it
    Are you ready for the Onslaught?
    Xen of Onslaught

TwilightAngel
    Well you better be.

Noo

Quote Originally Posted by Shokenaw View Post
    as far as i know the uk and the us are the only ones that have a debit card that can double as a credit card.
    I know for sure canada's debit cards are access to the bank account only.
    Neither in the US nor the UK are they doubled as credit card. They are accepted at the VISA/MASTERCARD logo showing outlets/stores but the money still comes straight out of the bank account.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Masta Squidge View Post
    So thats two players who purchase a pay to play game with no means to pay for it other than the method that is easily available to them and is essentially how they would be required to do it with every other mmo.
    Well I like to try the game before I buy a 2 month 30 gamecard. Get it? So the gamecard is out of question right now. It is possible as the game when bought comes with 1 month of free play. Get it?

As what comes to credit cards, not everybody has them nor have access to them for personal reasons. Get it?

And when I tried to do the paypal thing it redirected me to a paypal page that asked me either to Give credit card information or leave the page. Get it? That's why I was pissed.

I was lucky that the VISA electron did work in the subscription registry even though it was not mentioned anywhere on the site. Even though it is not considered a credit card in a way.

Yeah well now I'm playing the game and I like it. I might even consider continuing playing after the 30 free days.

I don't remember going through all this hassle with WOW, AoC or WHO. I might be wrong though.

Champion of Telara Leggomyeggolas's Avatar

Doesn't it list a credit card on the side of the box along with the system requirements?
    Last edited by Leggomyeggolas; 03-05-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Rift Disciple

I mean seriously who doesn't have a DEBIT card now-a-days. Seriously its 2011. Get one. Credit cards are evil, and i don't have one, but comeon get a debit card. My even got stolen once and I was refunded within 3 days all of the charges. Its no big deal.

Christ.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by iceperson View Post
    Doesn't it list a credit card on the side of the box along with the system requirements?
    In fact it doesn't. It says a subscription is needed to play, which is quite obvious. But I just as some other people, thought that it would be needed only after the free period. I would have been very pleased to see that you have the choice to either give your credit card info or click a gamecard radiobutton in the registry. And clicking the gamecard button would make the system just assume that you're going to put the code there when needed.

When I bought the game and registered my email to use it, it already has all the information about me that it will ever get, ( in a gamecard situation ). Inserting a gametime code in the beginning doesn't give trion anymore info about me than what they already have.

I hope I was clear enough. it's 2:21 AM here where I live.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Resraely View Post
    I mean seriously who doesn't have a DEBIT card now-a-days. Seriously its 2011. Get one. Credit cards are evil, and i don't have one, but comeon get a debit card. My even got stolen once and I was refunded within 3 days all of the charges. Its no big deal.

Christ.
    Well they should mention that for example VISA electron works. WoW for example has two different options. VISA and VISA Electron.

And I think it is also a bank issue. I'm not sure that all the banks have a service for their debit cards that allow the use of the card in the interwebz. I agree, it's 2011 they should have the possibility, but it might not always be the case.

You have to understand that things don't always work the same way for everybody as they do for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast