+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: just bought the game, i got no credit card..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lcl22 View Post
    and pray do tell how do i put funds into the paypal account?

Bank accounts are the main way. Credit cards are only used as backup for Paypal in case your bank account doesn't go through.

If you don't have a bank account or a credit card then I suppose you shouldn't be playing a subsription based game (or you're a kid, in which case get your parents to do it).

Quote Originally Posted by Shokenaw View Post
    lifts the rock off the scrub~

sorry you've been living under there

go check out paypal and notice you can load via your bank acct.
    no i dont live under a rock, i just dont live in the CONTINENTAL US AND HENCE I DONT USE A US BASED BANK , next time ask instead of just assuming stuff and making yourself look like an ***..

yes , you can use your bank account
    no , i cant use mine , ive tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancientwolf View Post
    Hint Sherlock: You need a penny on the card, not $30. KO'd.

hint sherlock , i dont own a credit card, and i was talking about a GAME TIME card in that case

edit:

KO'd
    Last edited by lcl22; 03-05-2011 at 01:02 PM.

no i dont live under a rock, i just dont live in the CONTINENTAL US AND HENCE I DONT USE A US BASED BANK , next time ask instead of just assuming stuff and making yourself look like an ***..

I'm British and I use my bank account with PayPal all the time, are you making this difficult for yourself?

If your bank account has an account number and a sort code it should work.
    Last edited by Ulfhedjinn; 03-05-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

I just do not understand all the rage over this. I realize it says it comes with a 30 day free subscription.. however; almost every pay to play game I've ever played has had the same requirement. A game card or credit card has always been required to set the game up.. then charges after the initial 30 days. Obviously it can be frustrating.. but unless you've never gamed before and are 100% new to MMOs (In which case you wouldn't be posting in the forums) You could have found this out in advance.

As for not having a credit card: You -could- purchase a prepaid card that is accepted as a credit/debit card.. Like a Visa giftcard. You load it like a giftcard and then can use it as a credit card.

As for not being willing/able to have even a debit card... good luck in the rest of the world as in this day in age damn near everything requires at least a debit card.
    Last edited by Frosted Ivy; 03-05-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
    I'm British and I use my bank account with PayPal all the time, are you making this difficult for yourself?

then i dunno why it doesnt in my case, i live in puerto rico, ive tried to before, but i dont think theres many branches of "banco popular" elswhere, i know they are almost nonexistent on the us, its never worked before , but i will try again i suppose...

Ok do you have access to a store that carries the prepaid Visa gift cards? I think they have ones for like 10 bucks.

Or just a prepaid credit card...tho I think there is a set up fee.

I am really with these folks who ask the question, subscription fee game...what did you expect?

30 days free yes, I don't have a box here tho - I am pretty sure it will say somewhere on there that a gamecard or credit card is required.

So this thread again boils down to L2R
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

This has been a issue for over a decade, going back to EQ1. It says and always had said on the box "A Valid Credit Card is required to play this game". Kinda simple really. You need a CC to set up the subscription then immediately cancel.
    Aalim "Killer of Infidels" ali Urwatuwusqa - wait wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post

As already pointed out by many people, OP, there are no excuses for having trouble with Paypal unless you don't have a bank account of any kind, even if other countries, as others have shared. Paypal does not mean credit card.

Also as others have already pointed out, a lot of these things are typical of all MMOs, and are stated clearly before you purchase. If you don't have a bank account (which you can use with Paypal) nor a credit card, you should've been aware of the issues you'd face with playing a subscription-based game long before the game went live. This isn't Trion's fault.
    Last edited by pinktoque; 03-05-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Wow Op you're acting like a child calm down dam.

You need to go & get a game card but guess what you can wait until you need to go to the store for something else & save your gas money.

Trion makes you use a game card /or credit card before your first free 30 days turns active its commen sense.

When you buy a apartment for 5 months & you get 1 month free you need to pay the firsts months rent before you move in.
    Last edited by RJTravis; 03-05-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosted Ivy View Post
    I just do not understand all the rage over this. I realize it says it comes with a 30 day free subscription.. however; almost every pay to play game I've ever played has had the same requirement. A game card or credit card has always been required to set the game up.. then charges after the initial 30 days. Obviously it can be frustrating.. but unless you've never gamed before and are 100% new to MMOs (In which case you wouldn't be posting in the forums) You could have found this out in advance.

As for not having a credit card: You -could- purchase a prepaid card that is accepted as a credit/debit card.. Like a Visa giftcard. You load it like a giftcard and then can use it as a credit card.

As for not being willing/able to have even a debit card... good luck in the rest of the world as in this day in age damn near everything requires at least a debit card.
    thx for the kind response, hadnt thought about the prepaid cards, i might be able to get one and load it closer to home, but i guess itl have to wait till tomorrow, ill stil try again with paypal but i doubt it works /shrug

in any case, its just irritating as hell that it wasnt stated i can understand them wanting to secure subs, but not everyone likes or have credit cards

Do you have a debit card? If so you can use it as a credit card. That's what I'm doing.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Quote Originally Posted by Arixtotle View Post
    Do you have a debit card? If so you can use it as a credit card. That's what I'm doing.
    ya i do, but since its with the same bank that doesnt seem to work with paypal account for some reason , i doubt it works but ill try that too, thx

ya i do, but since its with the same bank that doesnt seem to work with paypal account for some reason , i doubt it works but ill try that too, thx
    A Debit Card can act exactly like a Credit Card so it should work. Well as long as it has a Credit Card logo like MasterCard or Visa which most do now a days.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

as far as i know the uk and the us are the only ones that have a debit card that can double as a credit card.
    I know for sure canada's debit cards are access to the bank account only.
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast