+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TRION: Your account security is a JOKE!

Default TRION: Your account security is a JOKE!

I was just playing and got kicked out with the message that I'd been logged in on another instance. Click OK to reconnect? HELL YEAH!

And I see someone is currently playing on Kelpmere with some spam name.

Thanks for protecting your customer's account information, Trion. I sure as hell didn't give anyone my login information, I don't download addons and parsers, I don't buy gold online, and I never use the same passwords on anything online, so they got the information somewhere, and that only leaves you.

RESTRICT LOGIN ACCESS BY IP ADDRESS. If the IP ADDRESS does not match the last login, REQUIRE ACCOUNT OWNERSHIP VERIFICATION. And if someone (that really should be fired for playing RIFT from their non-Trion work computers) complains about that, tell them to piss off. Account security is a REQUIREMENT. Not an option.

I know that I am not the first person here to have an account hacked, already, and I am absolutely certain I will not be the last.
    Don't waste your time replying to me directly in a post.

These forums are garbage and no threads can be subscribed to properly since 2010.

That's kinda bad if Stormblow got hacked too....maybe I should change my password as well. And do that every 2 weeks.
    Total Artifact Collection turn-ins: 182/300

Co-Leader of Sanatorium on Millrush.
    KoS: Chaotic Destiny and General Goods

You are considered personally responsible for all information used to access your account. Trion is not at fault for you being incapable of viewing proper security measures in maintaining that information.

Perhaps in the future you should use more discretion while browsing redtube.

Oh yes, the problem is obviously on their side.
    100% chance says the plat seller hacked their main server.
    ...OWAIT
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Shadowlander

I just love how people are quick to blame trion.... so what did you lose being your account was hacked? I know if I were to hack an account, the first thing I would would be to change the password, not log into the game.... think about it before you go off on the forums, and making yourself look like a moron.

RIFT Guide Writer Sinfullysweet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbow View Post
    I was just playing and got kicked out with the message that I'd been logged in on another instance. Click OK to reconnect? HELL YEAH!

Thanks for protecting your customer's account information, Trion. I sure as hell didn't give anyone my login information, I don't download addons and parsers, I don't buy gold online, and I never use the same passwords on anything online, so they got the information somewhere, and that only leaves you.

RESTRICT LOGIN ACCESS BY IP ADDRESS. If the IP ADDRESS does not match the last login, REQUIRE ACCOUNT OWNERSHIP VERIFICATION. And if someone (that really should be fired for playing RIFT from their non-Trion work computers) complains about that, tell them to piss off. Account security is a REQUIREMENT. Not an option.

I know that I am not the first person here to have an account hacked, already, and I am absolutely certain I will not be the last.
    Stormbow you got hacked too? =( Had two guildies hacked this morning. Hate to hear it. ><

Sinfullysweet of Grievance on Wolfsbane
    PLAY ~*~Twitter ~*~ Raptr ~*~ Sinfullysweet's Steam ~*~ Sin's Xbox Profile
    WorldofWardrobes.net is no longer available due to hosting issues *RIP*.

It would seem "your" account (read:computer) security is the joke. Why does it always have to be someone else. Todays society is always blaming someone else for of their own mistakes / incompetence.

COMPUTER SECURITY IS REQUIREMENT, not an OPTION.

I know this seems to come off sort of jerkish but.. yeah this post deserves that.
    Locane - Guardian - Cleric - Briarcliff

Thumbs down

This is a fine example of people these days; blame it on someone else even know it was 100% their fault. lol, I can't believe he posted this...seriously.

Until you find the source of the compromise on your computer, you will continue to be a victim. Denial and fingerpointing is not going to make the problem go away.

Plane Touched

Here's an idea, when you get an email from "Trion" asking for your username and password, don't open it

Quote Originally Posted by DrWoo View Post
    making yourself look like a moron.
    Its not the post making him look like a moron, I feel that was already in action.
    Locane - Guardian - Cleric - Briarcliff

An option for IP range restriction is a decent idea. The rest is all you. Sorry you got hacked, but don't blame others for your security. You know where you go, what you've downloaded, what sites you've logged into, and so on. Blame the places you go and the people who wrote or host the software you download.

Plane Touched

You don't have to download anything to get a keylogger. All it takes is one bad flash-based ad on one website that doesn't even have anything to do with Rft.

Soulwalker

Default ?

I love how you guys are blaming the guy who got hacked, My friend got hacked as well and they sold all of his stuff. He did nothing wrong, blindly defending Trion(who has done a great job on everything else) for bad account security is also moronic.

I know most people here seem to hate macs and what not, but. I use my mac for everything. And I use my pc for rift and only rift, not even surfing the web. Therefore no getting hacked.
    Carlos

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast