+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Rift Art Dept.

There goes the QQ'ing about the character models.

Quote Originally Posted by Zironic View Post
    Well, it's a question of where you draw the line I suppose, but right now the elves don't look lithe, slighter and frailer at all, my high elf looks like she could star in a black rap video!

I like big buts and I cannot lie isn't meant to be a song about elves!
    I don't see how the elves in this game could become any sligther or skinnier without crossing into anorexia territory. They're legs are already stick thin and their bums are not that big.
    Last edited by Zaewen; 03-05-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Check out the Rift Wardrobe Wiki!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Selachii View Post
    a) Why are all the female models so flat chested?
    Because the developers aren't a bunch of testosterone fuelled american teenagers.
    Because only Americans like busty girls.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zaewen View Post
    I don't see how the elves in this game could become any sligther or skinnier without crossing into anorexia territory. They're legs are already stick thin and their bums are not that big.
    I think they could do with smaller hips and losing their lowest ribs *nods nods*

The point is mainly to make Humans and Elves actually visibly distinctive, you can't really tell as it is, if you put a helm on them you can't tell which race is which. Would also help if their postures were more distinctly animated.
    Last edited by Zironic; 03-05-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Sword of Telara Tuatha de Danaan's Avatar

Which armors were you thinking of? Because you are right, some armors can affect the way the breasts look in game. The mage robes, specifically, can make them appear smaller, but that's because the robes (for once in a game) aren't skin tight on women and suction around them like the robe is made out some form of shrink-wrap-cloth.

You didn't offend me, btw, it's just really tiring to constantly see people saying the female models in this game are ugly, fat, mannish, etc. simply because they have actual human anatomy and realistic (yet still very idealized) proportions. It's not just what you said in your post, but the several people right around you that said similar things. Yours just happened to have other points I wanted to respond to (the armor repetition issue, which bugs the crap out of me too, cause at the very least we should be getting noticeably different skins if we're stuck with that same armor model).
    Some of the early leather pieces. The robes I actually have no issue with. Aside from falling a bit oddly. But that's a problem with male characters too. Realistically armor will press breasts down. If women need specialized bras to jog and work out, fighting is probably going to require a bit more control.

Quote Originally Posted by Oroborous82 View Post
    There goes the QQ'ing about the character models.
    You're early. Usually the glib, reiterating the subject of the thread in a single sentence, announcing the obvious to everyone-posts don't appear until page 40+ when everyone is confused about what is going on, and need a beacon of insight to show us.
    Last edited by Tuatha de Danaan; 03-05-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    "On ne voit bien qu'avec le cur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    You can see clearly only with your heart. What is truly important is invisible to the eyes
    - Fox to the Little Prince.

The Code I Live By:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

Quote Originally Posted by Zironic View Post
    I think they could do with smaller hips and losing their lowest ribs *nods nods*

The point is mainly to make Humans and Elves actually visibly distinctive, you can't really tell as it is, if you put a helm on them you can't tell which race is which. Would also help if their postures were more distinctly animated.
    The New and Improved Boob Magic: Not just for making female armor half as covering but with all the AC of normal armor, now also for good for making female characters with half the bone structure of normal people, but still able to do all those useful things like walking, breathing, and not collapsing into a pile of skin and gooey entrails!

Perhaps you're describing the male humans and elves, because it is quite easy to tell a human and elf female apart from a distance. They have very distinct postures, run animations, height difference, and body structures.
    Last edited by Zaewen; 03-05-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Telaran

To me the boobs look flat like they aren't 3d enough I guess. I can't really describe it. At some angles it looks like a boy wearing a couple of pancakes on his chest. There are not butts. Take your armor off and look.

The thing that gets me is there are a lot of great npc models, and they were well done, they have cooler hair, boobs and butts, body markings etc. Why can't the players have that?

As far as armor goes why can't they make something for everyone? Sexy armor for those who want it (Both male and female), realistic armor for those who want that (again both male and female). I personally don't mind a chain bikini, or a cloth bikini with some sexy stockings.

Also I'm a girl by the way, a straight girl. I want to play my own unique character, not a clone of everyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatha de Danaan View Post
    Some of the early leather pieces. The robes I actually have no issue with. Aside from falling a bit oddly. But that's a problem with male characters too. Realistically armor will press breasts down. If women need specialized bras to jog and work out, fighting is probably going to require a bit more control.
    Ah, thats probably more to do with the angles and the cut of those armor pieces. Straight lines across the chest can make them look a little odd, but if the v-neck is more curved it can add to the appearance of vulmptousness. Like my warriors plate sports bra, makes her look very boobalicious, but a later piece that's more of a halter top with straight lines makes her seem smaller than when shes in the other armor.

If you can't tell the difference between male and female models in Rift, you haven't seen enough real women (or men for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Elecjester View Post
    Why are all the female models so flat chested?
    Have you ever met a woman, or just seen them in Nuts and Zoo?
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

The female models in this game are anything but flat chested. Ever play some of those P2P Korean or Japanese MMOs where some of the characters look like 8 year old lolitas with little to no clothes on?
    Last edited by Mayuko; 03-05-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Haylaa View Post
    To me the boobs look flat like they aren't 3d enough I guess. I can't really describe it. At some angles it looks like a boy wearing a couple of pancakes on his chest. There are not butts. Take your armor off and look.
    It's more that they look like they're made out of rock, or like another person said, they're all wearing invisible sports brahs.

As far as armor goes why can't they make something for everyone? Sexy armor for those who want it (Both male and female), realistic armor for those who want that (again both male and female). I personally don't mind a chain bikini, or a cloth bikini with some sexy stockings.
    Realistic art style is cool and all, but plain old leather and chain gets tiresome pretty quick. I want some armor that screams "That's an ascendant demigod, get out of the way or prepare to die!"

Sword of Telara Tuatha de Danaan's Avatar

Ah, thats probably more to do with the angles and the cut of those armor pieces. Straight lines across the chest can make them look a little odd, but if the v-neck is more curved it can add to the appearance of vulmptousness. Like my warriors plate sports bra, makes her look very boobalicious, but a later piece that's more of a halter top with straight lines makes her seem smaller than when shes in the other armor.
    Yeah I've noticed that too. Each set of gear is going to make a character look different at various angles.
    Last edited by Tuatha de Danaan; 03-05-2011 at 02:27 PM.
    "On ne voit bien qu'avec le cur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux."
    You can see clearly only with your heart. What is truly important is invisible to the eyes
    - Fox to the Little Prince.

The Code I Live By:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo

If you want to know what sexy armour looks like then go here:

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/renders/rases/

That is what armour should look like. That's great art design and is appealing whereas Rift seems a tad too realistic and boring in the art department for my liking.

Second point: Having a GF does not make you ignore the looks of other women.
    Last edited by Incendious; 03-05-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incendious View Post
    If you want to know what sexy armour looks like then go here:

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/render...stanic-female/

That is what armour should look like. That's great art design and is appealing.
    Go play Tera if that's what you want. I don't want turbo sIuts in my game. Thanks.
    Last edited by Aleros; 03-05-2011 at 02:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast