+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rumours: down time is to roll back the runebreaking exploiters?

2 of my friends. Was using an exploit in droughtlands to lvl super fast. They hit lvl 50 and the day after one of them was deleveled to 38 to other one was deleveled to 44. Rest asure Trion will fix this

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    2 of my friends. Was using an exploit in droughtlands to lvl super fast. They hit lvl 50 and the day after one of them was deleveled to 38 to other one was deleveled to 44. Rest asure Trion will fix this
    Really?

Now this is interesting, first time I heard of someone being rolled back using the exp exploit.
    Look at your post, now back to mine; Now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate content, it could look like mine. Look down, backup, where are you? You're scrolling through threads, reading the post your post could look like. What did you post? Back at mine; It's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again and the reply is now diamonds and unicorns. Anything is possible when you think before you post. The moon is shrinking.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by jacajaba View Post
    I quite like this, are you Sauidi?
    saudistic at times but no, not suadi.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jacajaba View Post
    To some extent the planarite and token philosophy reduces the market exploiters in favourable of actual players. Despite is shortcomings I think the varied currencies is a good thing.

It's one of the many attractions to me as a new player, you can play a style that YOU want and earn rewards for it over time, rather than everything being down the plat route.

Exploiters should be perm-banned and forced to buy a new copy of the game. They should have done this with the level exploiters as well.
    Rokenn <Blades of Wrath>
    Seastone
    Want to know more about bards? Check out Rift Bards

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by snubi View Post
    i seen that they did the same thing in COD:BO with that bot glitch were people got to lvl 15 prest in a day and they reset their accounts and i feel thats a good idea to take their gold away. To ban the account because someone took advantage of a glitch in the game is not the best solution. seeing as Trion had failed to find it earlier. I feel banning should really only be applyed if they hack the game not take advantage of glitches.
    Last edited by Buschleague; 03-04-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zizos View Post
    I hope the exploiters gold shows a negative number and needs to work back to positive but that wont happen, but I do hope they roll back levels, mats, and all gold earned as much as possible.
    Hehe, they do that in EVE online when people buy currency. It's a good idea. A balance of -100p would be a daunting penalty to get through. Course they could just reroll while you wouldn't do that in EVE. Even so, that in itself is another penalty and Trion retains the subscription. If the person quits over it, it's the same as being banned.

Soulwalker

Clearly you ban them. The nature of the exploit it is impossible to not know it is an exploit as you do it, unlike that quest exploit where you could argue you thought it was repeatable. The user found an exploit used it more than twice (to confirm repeatability) and did not report it. This is a clear violation of the game agreement of any mmo for the past decade. Everyone also knows the consequences of exploiting a game. I say ban them, they took a stupid risk assuming that they would get away with it and got caught.

I do agree this act was a clear exploit to anyone who took advantage of this in game bug.

A perma ban would be a fine result.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2