+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Does RIFT need an online Character Viewer/Armory/Barracks/whatever...?

Default Does RIFT need an online Character Viewer/Armory/Barracks/whatever...?

Several MMOs now link everyone's characters to a website where we can browse for our characters and check out their gear and stats and stuff online.

WoW even has mobile apps for all the major Smartphones.

Is this in the pipeline for Rift? I want to check out my character online and look for upgrades and stuff.

Just curious. Thanks.
    Last edited by Gill; 04-26-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Edited title into question form
    Win7 SP1 64-bit : Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Motherboard : Intel i7 920 Quad : 6GB DDR3 Corsair Triple-Channel RAM : MSI GeForce 460 GTX 1GB OC : 1TB Western Digital Caviar HDD

They are debating this but majority of players do not want this . Since they like to keep there character setup private.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

No it doesn't

Lock thread please.

Typical Wow forum thread:

Player 1: I have an idea, [idea].

Player 2: lol you haven't even killed this boss, you gear sucks, your spec sucks, **** out the forums you noob.

Be careful what you wish for here.

Plane Touched

That's because Big Brother Blizzard thinks we all want facebook style Live ID, living in each other's hip pockets. It's why I quit WoW and waited for something better to come along. It has.

I do not want this, unless It is something the automatically opted out of, with nothing but a blurry shadow box for me, and none of my linked alts are listed.

Not like facebook, where you have to go check your settings every day because I have to actively opt out of whatever stupidity they're offering now, AUTO OFF! (Yeah, LOVE that sharing phone numbers with friends of friends stuff).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post
    Several MMOs now link everyone's characters to a website where we can browse for our characters and check out their gear and stats and stuff online.

Is this in the pipeline for Rift? I want to check out my character online and look for upgrades and stuff.

Just curious. Thanks.
    I think this would be a great idea -- WoW isn't the only game to ever do this. Champions Online does this... has done it since they launched the game -- BOTH the online 'armory' and the mobile app.

For a game that wants to be social, they should allow you to share your character info (and allow you to opt out).

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktor View Post
    I think this would be a great idea -- WoW isn't the only game to ever do this. Champions Online does this... has done it since they launched the game -- BOTH the online 'armory' and the mobile app.

For a game that wants to be social, they should allow you to share your character info (and allow you to opt out).
    If i want to share info with someone they can ask first.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Netherscourge View Post

Just curious. Thanks.
    Please NO!

MrT

If they do this;

Only make it viewable in YOUR ACCOUNT on riftgame.com - not viewable to everyone and his dog;

Id like to look at my spec, and upgrade pvp gear etc and factions

But id rather not let someone snoop at my spec/gear just like that W game
    "I PITTY THE FOOL, SUCKAH !!"

Just no.

I made an effort to always log out in RP gear when I played WoW, because too many people kept track of every single piece of gear I had and how it was gemmed/enchanted. People I didn't even know were more interested in my gear choices than guild mates--it was annoying and intrusive. If there would have been a way to hide the gear while I was wearing it, I would have done that, too.

If someone wants to share that information, let them. But don't automatically intrude into people's privacy by making it public knowledge. If something like an armory is introduced, make it accessible to the account holder only.

Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    If they do this;

Only make it viewable in YOUR ACCOUNT on riftgame.com - not viewable to everyone and his dog;

Id like to look at my spec, and upgrade pvp gear etc and factions

But id rather not let someone snoop at my spec/gear just like that W game
    I wouldn't mind if it was private.

Also, is there a page where I can see boss drops yet? I keep running IT and have no idea what it's in there for my necro

Only if it was private. You should not be able to view every character in the game. Learn from WoW on this one, don't make another armory.

Soulwalker

I honestly don't see a problem with it. There are so many controversies surrounding things like damage meters and an LFG tool that have good arguments on both sides, but this issues doesn't warrant any controversy in my opinion. What's wrong with being able view other players on the site?

And to the argument that claims people want their builds to be "private": lol. THE GOVERNMENT IS LISTENING IN ON YOUR PHONE CALLS!

No please.
    [b]Shard: Endless░░░░░IGN: Partyrock░░░░░Mage░░░░░Currently: Chloro/Lock/Archmage

Telaran

Dont want to share my info. I never did MySpace, dont do facebook, dont do twitter and I dont want a 'RiftBook' thing. If you want to know someones gear find them in game or ask them. Wanting to see other peoples specs is for people who want to be elitest ******.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast