+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Does RIFT need an online Character Viewer/Armory/Barracks/whatever...?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Karuna View Post
    Except that then, some guilds will require that everyone who joins has to opt in.

This is a bad idea, IMO, even with an "opt in" option.

(And I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'm at work and I don't have time to read 60 pages of thread).
    Join a different guild?

Except that then, some guilds will require that everyone who joins has to opt in.
    If you feel you need to hide something about your character from your guild then you shouldn't be in that guild in the first place...

This is a bad idea, IMO, even with an "opt in" option.

(And I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I'm at work and I don't have time to read 60 pages of thread).
    Again I have to ask. What is bad about it? What is wrong with Trion making the stuff they own available for others to see? If it was put in place what harm would it cause to anyone? And the old argument of someone using the info to belittle others is very old and tired. Jerks don't need a reason to be jerks.

The opt-in is just silly. If they wanted to have the option to hide your specs and achievements then so be it. But even that would be silly. If I looked someone up and saw that they wanted this info hidden then I'd know from the start that they take these things way too serious and I'd want nothing to do with them.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by phork View Post
    Join a different guild?
    Great, another potential hindering factor when choosing a guild. We'll stack armoury sensitivity right after faction, progression, play schedule/time zone, loot rules, misc. requirements, personality issues, etc. I don't know what everyone else's shard looks like but dollars to donuts says I'm not going to have the luxury of an eccentricity over who gets to see my goodies if push comes to shove.
    Last edited by Celebrath; 10-26-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Acesfool View Post
    If I looked someone up and saw that they wanted this info hidden then I'd know from the start that they take these things way too serious and I'd want nothing to do with them.
    So? I'd expect the feeling would be mutual or that person could care less that you don't want to associate with, so what's the problem? Just another filter to decide who to play and not play with. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrath View Post
    Great, another potential hindering factor when choosing a guild. We'll stack armoury sensitivity right after faction, progression, play schedule/time zone, loot rules, misc. requirements, general membership ***** level, etc. I don't know what everyone else's shard looks like but dollars to donuts says I'm not going to have the luxury of an eccentricity over who gets to see my goodies if push comes to shove.
    You forgot resume and the monthly fee that some guilds charge for you to be in them. Trion should really pay close attention to seastone defiant side and they will know what I am talking about
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    You forgot resume and the monthly fee that some guilds charge for you to be in them. Trion should really pay close attention to seastone defiant side and they will know what I am talking about
    We could file it under miscellaneous, like having to be fluent in obscure 3rd party programs like guild connect and writing timers for ACT. It's looking more and more like they should be paying us...

Still waiting for a valid reason to not have one. All of you paranoid whiners keep saying it'll be bad, but can't give one single example. Only make believe scenarios of something you think could possibly happen. So hopefully, Trion will start an armory and it'll post every last detail about your characters. It'll be fun listening to you talk about how you've had to spend days hiding under the sheets because someone saw your character (actually Trion's character) online.

Still waiting for a valid reason to not have one. All of you paranoid whiners keep saying it'll be bad, but can't give one single example. Only make believe scenarios of something you think could possibly happen. So hopefully, Trion will start an armory and it'll post every last detail about your characters. It'll be fun listening to you talk about how you've had to spend days hiding under the sheets because someone saw your character (actually Trion's character) online.
    Just the way you talk is the reason armory is bad. Players like you who insult others. I can already see what you would do to people after you look at their online stats. There is your ******* reason.

Just the way you talk is the reason armory is bad. Players like you who insult others. I can already see what you would do to people after you look at their online stats. There is your ******* reason.
    Define insult. If you mean pointing out when people are acting like irrational cry babies, then I guess you're right. But thank you for proving my point. Your reason for it being bad is based entirely on something you THINK could possibly happen. On the other hand there is a proven and very valid reason for there to be an armory.

Hell, I'm going to petition Trion to make one and even include you character's hair color. Can you imagine the horror of everyone knowing what color you chose for your character's make believe hair? OMG!! How could we ever carry on?

Rift Master

Ya^^

So what your saying is im paying to play Trions character, jeez I should cancel my sub and let them play their own toon. I could come back in month and have all kinds of cool gear.

Define insult. If you mean pointing out when people are acting like irrational cry babies
    Point proven, thank you

Telaran

Wow, Trion is actually reading this thread. They sent me a warning and deleted a few of my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by phork View Post
    Wow, Trion is actually reading this thread. They sent me a warning and deleted a few of my posts.
    Likely from being reported, but Trion does read everything on the forums *Waves to Trion mod* so it's possible they caught it themselves.

I still don't see how an online site with a player option of accessibility is a bad thing.
    Last edited by TheHangman; 10-26-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    Likely from being reported, but Trion does read everything on the forums *Waves to Trion mod* so it's possible they caught it themselves.

I still don't see how an online site with a player option of accessibility is a bad thing.
    Big brother is always watching. lol

I think most people don't want it because they don't want other people being able to see what they have and haven't done. Plus, if someone is runed completely wrong they will get called on it. Or they can say, "well we did this last night and it worked fine for us" all the while they never even stepped foot in a raid. I think not having it is just an easy way for people to be able to talk trash and be able not have any proof to back up what they are saying. I think it would be cool to have as well as being a helpful tool in some cases but I guess it's a huge game breaker for some....LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast