Closed Thread

Thread: Quest: A Bit of Subterfuge

Default Quest: A Bit of Subterfuge

This is a Defiant quest is Scarlet Gorge which requires you to spy on Nathur Kull using a disguise. I remember this one from Beta and had no problems.

I took this a couple of days ago and stumbled on Nathur, before I put the disguise on. He attacked and fell through the floor. My pet had aggro, but I couldn't get a LOS on him until my pet died. I then took him down. After waiting for him to respawn, I donned the disguise, only to find it would activate only for a second and disappear.

I tried a few times. Canceled the quest and re-did it with the same result. The disguise would simply pop on and then disappear. I did file a bug report. And have tried it a couple of times since - no Luck.

Any thoughts - I searched here, but found nothing and have seen others complete the quest while standing there watching.
    Confidence is the feeling you sometimes get before you have all the facts.

Soulwalker

I don't know if this is what is causing you problems specifically, but this is what I ran into yesterday. I did the quest on my bard and tried donning the disguise with speed enhancement on and it vanished as soon as I moved. I took the speed buff off and it worked so it's possible that a buff of some kind is affecting it.

Didn't think of that. I do have a speed buff of sorts. I'll give your tip a try and report back.

Just to confirm, I did this without the speed buff activated and the disguise worked; completed the quest.

Thanks for the tip, Fedorne

Hope this gets fixed or we get a pop-up explaining the disguise won't enable if you have a speed buff active.

Closed Thread