+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift Community gone downhill!

Default Rift Community gone downhill!

IDk maybe its just me but feels like the Rift Community has really gone downhill since beta.
    I played beta 3-7 and didn't see crap like this at all but now its all over the place.

First thing I notice are how lvl Chat got allot stupider, like really really stupid and immature
    I dont mind immature so much, but they were trying to be funny and it just wasn't.

Second thing I noticed people in WF always telling the rest of the players that they suck, then you look at that persons stats in that WF and they have lowest damage/heals/kills ETC.

3rd thing I noticed was in gruops, players were already kicking people before we even started the run,
    Also Really really dumb players. In one gruop The leader kicked a guy for having bad mana management.
    He siad the guy was putting out bad numbers. I asked the leader Are you running a parser? he siad
    "No I dont need one He has bad mana management". I was recording the logs but not running act.
    So I load the logs in act during bio break. and found out that guy who got kicked was rocking it!(really solid Dps) I showed this to the gruop, told them find another healer and left.

But I was wondering If its because Im on a pvp server. I Infact Enjoy pvp allot but am asking Are the PVE servers like this?? If they are not I will infact move to one, and lose apart of the game that I enjoy, to not deal with as many kids/morons.

bump, thread moved fast.

Maybe it would help to give it time to stabilize, I dunno. A large part of the community in-game (and on the forums, obvi) are rebelling heavily against the standard *******edry that comes with MMO communities, so maybe it will (finally) become socially unacceptable to be a total jerk in game.

One can dream.
    High Life guild - Formerly of Wolfsbane, now Silkweb.

Never had to QQ about queues.

Nope, you are not alone in noticing this.

It has gone further down hill each time they allowed in more and more beta players.

Sadly, this is the way it happens. All we can do is to try and improve it ourselves.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

LOL OP,

You said "stupider"

So much for "can't wait till headstart all the wow trolls will be gone" eh?

My server is not like this at all.

Prophet of Telara

But isn't this the reason for only playing beta's? I know of may people who now that's all they'll do and I think it's based on the community.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Macmanus View Post
    So much for "can't wait till headstart all the wow trolls will be gone" eh?
    for a successful MMO, you need a lot of people, most online gamers are idiots and bust a nut because of the anonymity and "bulletproofness" they have online

they can antagonize someone online with no fear of getting punched in the mouth

but without these subs, MMOs don't have the funds to do as much

i challenge "the trolled ones" to grow thicker skin, learn to ignore and learn to antagonize the trolls to a point where they log off and cry into their pillow

Shadowlander

Its the invasion of the wowbabies.

You are not alone in noticing this.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GT500 View Post
    LOL OP,

You said "stupider"
    *this + sig = troll

Shadowlander

Also,
    anyone know the limit( if there is one one) the ignore feature? I have a least 20 so far...

You went from a invite only beta to "open" beta to a release that has hundreds of thousands of more people than the beta. You have to learn to put up with the bad to continue to play the good because they help keep the game running no matter how you look at it. Subs = continued survival of the game.

<crusty old person rant>
    Ninety percent of the people in the world are either full-time or part-time jerks. No one really noticed this before the internet, because in the real world you have to conceal it with a certain amount of social veneer in order to function, but online, you can just be a jerk with the gloves off.

The more people you have on the server, the higher the chances are that you will be surrounded by jerks. The end.

If you are not a jerk - or if you try as hard as you can not to be a jerk whenever possible - then I suggest you find a guild or a group you can mostly trust not to be jerks, and stick with that. The general atmosphere will NOT improve over time, only deteriorate further.

Sorry to be such a cynic. This is what comes of spending the last four MMOs I've played only ever grouping with one trusted friend because of the general quality of the crowd.
    </crusty old person rant>
    D_B: In other words, the internet happened.

Soulwalker

I agree that the community seems to be headed in the wrong direction. I have also noticed that a large number of the posts in the forums are requests to add features that are in the "other" MMO. I find it ironic that players move from Wow to rift, then request that rift be turned into Wow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast