Thread: Rift Community gone downhill!

Quote Originally Posted by Mavruss View Post
    Its the invasion of the wowbabies.

You are not alone in noticing this.
    MMObabies

/fixed

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tweedekamer View Post
    I agree that the community seems to be headed in the wrong direction. I have also noticed that a large number of the posts in the forums are requests to add features that are in the "other" MMO. I find it ironic that players move from Wow to rift, then request that rift be turned into Wow.
    I find it ironic that people don't want these tools in the game because they promote ******tery, yet the tools currently ARENT in the game and the ******tery still exists.

Just because I want a tool in the game doesn't make me want it to be wow. Try not to be a narrow minded extremist please, thanks.

Shadowlander

Default Statistics

Its a given that if you increase the population size, the odds of stupidity **WILL** go up, since there is a larger pool to pull from.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man,
    and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,
    never care for anything else thereafter.”
    -- Ernest Hemingway.

Quote Originally Posted by thephoenix007 View Post
    I find it ironic that people don't want these tools in the game because they promote ******tery, yet the tools currently ARENT in the game and the ******tery still exists.
    In an unrelated note, I am impressed that the forum's profanity filter knows the relatively recent coinage for [posterior headwear].
    D_B: In other words, the internet happened.

Soulwalker

Youre gonna find ******bags on any server but Ive generally found PVE servers have more of the casual working older family types who want to enjoy the short time they spend playing rather than most of the crap that goes on, on a pvp server. Oftentimes all you want to do is pop into your local games store and smack a kid over the head. But its an mmo, and a lot of us have seen some bat**** crazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricFlower View Post
    In an unrelated note, I am impressed that the forum's profanity filter knows the relatively recent coinage for [posterior headwear].
    For real. I'm laughing my *** off at that even being in the filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantam View Post
    IDk maybe its just me but feels like the Rift Community has really gone downhill since beta.
    I played beta 3-7 and didn't see crap like this at all but now its all over the place.

First thing I notice are how lvl Chat got allot stupider, like really really stupid and immature
    I dont mind immature so much, but they were trying to be funny and it just wasn't.

Second thing I noticed people in WF always telling the rest of the players that they suck, then you look at that persons stats in that WF and they have lowest damage/heals/kills ETC.

3rd thing I noticed was in gruops, players were already kicking people before we even started the run,
    Also Really really dumb players. In one gruop The leader kicked a guy for having bad mana management.
    He siad the guy was putting out bad numbers. I asked the leader Are you running a parser? he siad
    "No I dont need one He has bad mana management". I was recording the logs but not running act.
    So I load the logs in act during bio break. and found out that guy who got kicked was rocking it!(really solid Dps) I showed this to the gruop, told them find another healer and left.

But I was wondering If its because Im on a pvp server. I Infact Enjoy pvp allot but am asking Are the PVE servers like this?? If they are not I will infact move to one, and lose apart of the game that I enjoy, to not deal with as many kids/morons.
    I don't know but from my experience , PvP server have a lot of this people , don't get me wrong you can find this kind on every server but PvP seen to have the majority

Better To Die On Your Feet ,Than To Live On Your Knees
    Emiliano Zapata

If i see people acting like idiots on the chat i just simply ignore it. You will get mature player base and opposite. Like it or not that is given. I only respond to serious mature players. Making a joke or two is not forbidden however people do get out of line and the best thing you can do is ignore it until they get bored. Most people don't ignore it and show their frustration witch fuels them to proceed and unleash more stupidity. We have a weapon against that it's right there, very simple ----> Ignore
    Last edited by Oroborous82; 03-01-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Yeah This kind of crap was rare back when I played eq2, It seemed to have a more mature player basis.
    I never played WOW so I guess I'm just not used to this kind of crap.
    hopefully I can find a Decent server, I'm not sure how accurate this is but im guessing PVE and RP servers will have more mature people. I don't RP so I don't wanna go ruin there server, But gonna try some pve servers see whats up.

sorry all mmos have awful communities. its because people are dumb.

Well, most servers will be like that, even on rp server you will have people that will ruin the RP for Rp'ers, Used to RP long time ago so i know how that goes.

Thus the reason my husband and myself found a large mature guild to play with. Never have to deal with the idiocy out there. I suggest you do the same if you are that annoyed by the immaturity that will always be in any game you play. After all, there are hundreds of thousands, heck, millions of people who play. They are not all going to be "good" people.

So instead of the negative, let's talk about the positive, and the good people out there!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kitylyn View Post
    Youre gonna find ******bags on any server but Ive generally found PVE servers have more of the casual working older family types who want to enjoy the short time they spend playing rather than most of the crap that goes on, on a pvp server.
    ^this. Generally, "hardcore elitists" are drawn to PvP servers. The rest of us play on PvE servers. If you want to play with players that express emotions besides ragin' anger, come to a PvE server.

Telaran

I went down a hill today after finding a hidden Cairne in Scarwood Reach.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GT500 View Post
    LOL OP,

You said "stupider"
    You want to know something "Stupider". It was Officially added to the dictionary a few years ago. It is a valid word nowdays. Unfortunately so many people were using it, that it was just adopted...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast