+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for screwing the people who pre-ordered

Default Thanks for screwing the people who pre-ordered

So with this little downtime and the release the servers are down... Once they go up people will clamor unknowingly for the server they want. This is a huge mistake and a serious F-up on Trion. Why would you do this to the current player base. The servers are already full... you think adding to them is going to help your current player base enjoy the game?

You need to bring the servers back up now and allow those who are populating the current servers get in before anyone new. This way it shuffles the new people into the low population servers. You guys so far have done a good job at making people want to quit with your Rift adjustments, server instability, and HUGE queue times that will now only get longer.

This game has promise, but will not make it if you guys keep pushing players away from it. Next you will probably nerf the XP gained in the Warfront to eliminate people wanting to do that.

Soulwalker

so much anger... might wanna step outside and take a breather...

They are brining up the new servers before any of the old ones, so unless people starting today are gonna play with friends who pre-ordered there shouldn't be that big of a deal, and like with most MMO's they start with a cap on the servers and slowly raise it.

Also i haven't had any que times or server stability problems on faemist, maybe people shouldn't scramble too the highest population server they can find on day one, thinking it will be super amazing.

Wow.

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent019 View Post
    So with this little downtime and the release the servers are down... Once they go up people will clamor unknowingly for the server they want. This is a huge mistake and a serious F-up on Trion. Why would you do this to the current player base. The servers are already full... you think adding to them is going to help your current player base enjoy the game?

You need to bring the servers back up now and allow those who are populating the current servers get in before anyone new. This way it shuffles the new people into the low population servers. You guys so far have done a good job at making people want to quit with your Rift adjustments, server instability, and HUGE queue times that will now only get longer.

This game has promise, but will not make it if you guys keep pushing players away from it. Next you will probably nerf the XP gained in the Warfront to eliminate people wanting to do that.
    Might wanna read up on things before you use you foot-in-mouth rants

Telaran

I thought they pretty much were. Didn't the announcement say the NEW servers are coming online at 9am PST, and the Headstart servers are coming on at 10am PST?

That way, everyone who grabbed a retail box, and is sitting at their computer glaring at their screen, they've got the brand new server choices first.
    Hardcore Defiant Raiding, looking for more!
    Check us out at http://www.novuschalybs.com

Telaran

I have had ques on Fae in the evening so I switched to another server that has not had any on. As for the servers going up, as already said, they are opening the new servers before the head start servers. I wish they would leave the head start servers locked for 24 hours and make more people from head start pick a new server.

At least you got to play a week before everyone that is getting to start 1 hour early and if it is that big of an issue, start on the new servers with the new ques once they start.
    i7-960 3.20 OCed.... 12GB DDR3/1600MHz Triple Chanel Memory..... MSI X58A-GD45 mobo...... EVGA GTX 670 Super Clocked HD OCed..... 49" HD monitor.

I thought the reason they were brining up the new servers first was to help mitigate this exact thing. I'm no expert though , just seems to make sense.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Might wanna read up on things before you use you foot-in-mouth rants
    So what did he miss... i dont want to search for it haha

Release players can play now technically, they can buy the box orders now and input their key. They actually get to start playing at 9AM, we start at 10AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent019 View Post

Eh I agree. Servers come down on launch days I get it. I get that servers come down on launch days. Did I mention that I understand that servers come down on launch days? That being said....I totally agree that it will just add to queue times when the new players come to chose a server. On the other hand if we had the servers up (because bringing them down to "do stuff") the newer players would be like oh man this server is full better choose a new one rather than just picking one of the servers that already has a high cap and causing people with higher level characters on there to get screwed once again. If someone has a valid complaint don't just trash them...

Don't think its gonna be that many more players.

Everyone that preordered joined during Head start, that's both retail and digital copy players. Just Retail players have to re-enter their box code to keep going.

Anyone that hasn't is waiting a month or so to see how the game fleshes out in the long run.

Soulwalker

First off if you would've noticed when they were doing the announcement to bring down the servers they said it was so they could add new servers in light of the launch. On top of that, how are you getting screwed again? Because you don't want to have to wait to play the game? Such is life, with just about everything else in life that is worth doing you have to wait in line because there are a lot of other people that want to enjoy the same benefits as well.

Maybe instead of being in such a hurry to pick the server with the coolest name you should have waited for things to calm down a bit and go to a low pop server.

So your logic is that on release day there won't be a lot of new players.....LOL

Funny thing about what the OP said... Even if he was in the right (which he's obviously not) what's the point? So what if they let all us "oldtimers" on the servers now so the newbies got on later. They still have the ability to roll a character on a high server during low usage anyways. The servers don't stay in "high" all the time.

So basically what you're saying is "Please lock my server so no one else is allowed on it"?

I can't see Trion doing that

Shame on Trion for running thier business and trying to provide the best possible experience.

May the OP be violated by stonefield trolls.
    Griefers, elitists and people with toxic attitudes, there is a special place for you called... Azeroth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast