+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for screwing the people who pre-ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Markamky View Post
    First off if you would've noticed when they were doing the announcement to bring down the servers they said it was so they could add new servers in light of the launch. On top of that, how are you getting screwed again? Because you don't want to have to wait to play the game? Such is life, with just about everything else in life that is worth doing you have to wait in line because there are a lot of other people that want to enjoy the same benefits as well.

Maybe instead of being in such a hurry to pick the server with the coolest name you should have waited for things to calm down a bit and go to a low pop server.
    Why don't you just go away? Your post says nothing helpful instead it just reaffirms your stupid ideals of what should be. Troll somewhere else please.

I'm sure someone else has already said this, but the new servers come online an hour before the existing head start servers. Will your server population go up? Probably. Will it be significant? Probably not.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Agent019 View Post
    So with this little downtime and the release the servers are down... Once they go up people will clamor unknowingly for the server they want. This is a huge mistake and a serious F-up on Trion. Why would you do this to the current player base. The servers are already full... you think adding to them is going to help your current player base enjoy the game?

You need to bring the servers back up now and allow those who are populating the current servers get in before anyone new. This way it shuffles the new people into the low population servers. You guys so far have done a good job at making people want to quit with your Rift adjustments, server instability, and HUGE queue times that will now only get longer.

This game has promise, but will not make it if you guys keep pushing players away from it. Next you will probably nerf the XP gained in the Warfront to eliminate people wanting to do that.
    Dude your no better than anyone else that's playing this game and or is about to play this game... Just shut up and deal with it. You pre ordered, congrats you got to play it 4 days before anyone else! Now that everyone else is going to play and que times are going to be there and maybe because you can't get on right after work and you will have to wait your going to pitch a ******...... Seriously Shut Up and do us all a favor. I'm sick of reading this crap on the forums Trion is doing a great job so far with this launch and the game is beautiful...

Just for the record, I pre ordered and I'm not complaining... I come home from work and I sit in hour to two hour Que's and I'm not complaining... I have sat thru 6 hour Ques to play and I'm not complaining. I log out instead of macroing so that the next person can play and I'm not complaining.

Save your whining for someone that cares... oh wait no one does...

Someone put this kid in T.O.!

LOL... OP u'r rant is not only unnessary, but beyond the relm of out there....

hey Scotty...beam this nut case out...anywhere...

They gave us a week headstart and now are trying to dyvert new players to the new servers....

how is that screwing us?

LOL think he is mad because he is losing a whole hour of play time that the new players get....

I don't see any problem here at all for a dev's wanting to add new servers.. I don't understand people when they are bickering over something like few hours downtime, MMO's like wow bring servers down for 6 hours each week...This is a pre-lunch people and Trion has to make sure that they have enough servers running before everyone else starts storming in. I think people think they are so important that they have a reserved spot on a specific server, If you think that a MMO game launch is going to be super smooth..please quit now and grow up...All mmo's as far as i know had problems when it came to launch..when WoW launched it wen't down for few days because their servers end up frying up...Quit the QQ'ing and have patiance..

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    I thought the reason they were brining up the new servers first was to help mitigate this exact thing. I'm no expert though , just seems to make sense.
    Did I miss it? I didn't see ANY NEW US RP servers on the list, which would mean that the RP servers that have had queues already are only going to get worse. Staggering the opening to get new players onto new servers is a good move on Trion's part, don't get me wrong, but... It doesn't address the issue for everyone.

SO... does this mean that NO US RP server will be available at launch, an hour earlier than the 3 that already exist come back up?

This is confusing...

Am I missing something?

Prophet of Telara

So with this little downtime and the release the servers are down... Once they go up people will clamor unknowingly for the server they want. This is a huge mistake and a serious F-up on Trion. Why would you do this to the current player base. The servers are already full... you think adding to them is going to help your current player base enjoy the game?

You need to bring the servers back up now and allow those who are populating the current servers get in before anyone new. This way it shuffles the new people into the low population servers. You guys so far have done a good job at making people want to quit with your Rift adjustments, server instability, and HUGE queue times that will now only get longer.

This game has promise, but will not make it if you guys keep pushing players away from it. Next you will probably nerf the XP gained in the Warfront to eliminate people wanting to do that.
    Doesn;t bother me any.. grabbed a shower, fixed my nailpolish, returned a few phone calls to people who thought I had been sucked into a Rift... I can't say I feel like I got screwed at all and i'm pretty sure trion is well-endowed anough I would have felt it.
    A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the lyrics.

Shield of Telara

Let's all join 57th Rift Hunters. Hoping the OP is the guild leader. The entertainment value would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by BWilly View Post
    Eh I agree. Servers come down on launch days I get it. I get that servers come down on launch days. Did I mention that I understand that servers come down on launch days? That being said....I totally agree that it will just add to queue times when the new players come to chose a server. On the other hand if we had the servers up (because bringing them down to "do stuff") the newer players would be like oh man this server is full better choose a new one rather than just picking one of the servers that already has a high cap and causing people with higher level characters on there to get screwed once again. If someone has a valid complaint don't just trash them...
    Um, what?

The old servers won't be up for the new players to join.

Existing NA servers will be down until shortly after 10:00am PST. The new NA servers will be coming online around 9:00am PST to give them a chance to fill out early.
    So yeah, he's totally wrong.

Rashira | Threesprings | Defiant | DominateDominion | Cleric | Level 60

Seriouly Now, If you have that much Pent up rage over Que Times then theres more going on, Whats the Real Problem. Did ya spill your coffe this morning on the way to work, then run out of gas, only to be 45minutes late and have your boss chew a new one. All I have to say is WOW.

Maybe you need a break. Take a nap and try again later or something.

You are welcome?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sumuji View Post
    Let's all join 57th Rift Hunters. Hoping the OP is the guild leader. The entertainment value would be priceless.
    Oh, that's just meeeean... But +50 points for the entertainment value of the idea itself, though!

Don't read much do you?? Or, is it a problem with comprehension? They are bringing the new servers up an hour earlier than the already populated ones so all the new folks will be heading there (and hopefully some who got tired of the queues). That way the new people aren't trying to rush the already populated servers.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Noobs-A-Fable

"a mage need a big concentration and focus to cast spells and moving is not the best way to be concentrated."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast