+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Valnia
  • 1 Post By Zornar
  • 1 Post By kuradid
  • 1 Post By Zornar

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Summerfest 2021

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Summerfest 2021

Summerfest has begun in Telara! Let us rejoice!

You may be wondering about the origins of Summerfest. While some of the history is lost to time, many scholars believe that Summerfest dates back to ancient elven rituals involving burning sacrifices inside wicker figures. Of course, most elves would prefer to forget these barbaric references to their past. In fact, such practices are now forbidden by both High Elves and Kelari alike, although sometimes alluded to by disgruntled Dwarves. What remains in modern Telara is a celebration of flames for all Ascended to enjoy. Summerfest is now the holiday that marks the longest days of summer in Telara. Ascended continue to celebrate ancient traditions and have fun, even in the sweltering heat. This helps lighten the mood and distract celebrants from the stress of the near-constant threats against Telara.

Summerfest:
    Phase 1
    Start: July 15, 2021 8:00am Server Time
    End: July 29, 2021 3:30pm Server Time
    Phase 2
    Start: July 29, 2021 3:30pm Server Time
    End: August 12, 2021 3:30pm Server Time
    Shop
    Start: July 15, 2021 8:00am Server Time
    End: August 19, 2021 3:30pm Server Time

Summerfest offers several activities for all walks of Ascended:
    • Scavenger Hunts
    • Swarmlord Khargroth Battles
    • Seasonal Quests
    • Artifact Piñatas
    • Mitch the Artifact Attractor Minion Questline (if you’ve already done this in previous years, it will not be available)

Community Manager
    Homepage | Support|
    Facebook | Discord Chat

Why? Oh Why couldn't we get a notification of the starting dates before the event started??
    I feel that gamigo completely disrespects and disregards Rift players.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valnia View Post
    Why? Oh Why couldn't we get a notification of the starting dates before the event started??
    Little to no advance notice of World Events has been gamigo's MO for quite a while.

I think the bigger problem is that this is apparently the first Rift World Event ever with "no new items" according to Cadrift.
    https://www.cadrift.net/events/summerfest/shopping/

If this isn't your first Summerfest, why bother to farm up all the Summerfest currencies if there is nothing new to spend them on?

Rift Disciple

lol

too short

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    I think the bigger problem is that this is apparently the first Rift World Event ever with "no new items" according to Cadrift.
    https://www.cadrift.net/events/summerfest/shopping/
    Summerfest has no new items indeed, but its not the first event ever with no new items, we had an event just after the acquisition with no new items, i forget which one and which year though, maybe the fae yule of 2020?

no new items is proper sucky though
    especially considering there are items in the data that havn't been released yet, such as the helmet skins with the horns, and then could have dug up some old unavailable items and added them to summerfest to give peeps a chance to get them.
    Last edited by caduto; 07-20-2021 at 10:30 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    Summerfest has no new items indeed, but its not the first event ever with no new items, we had an event just after the acquisition with no new items, i forget which one and which year though, maybe the fae yule of 2020?

no new items is proper sucky though
    I think I would remember complaining about no new items in a World Event before because I always look forward to World Events.

Fae Yule of 2020 definitely had new items as Cadrift documents. There were 2 new minion cards, 10 new pets, 3 new mounts, 3 new capes and new essence,

It's extremely sucky especially after gamigo's statement in March that "we can assure you that there will be a team responsible for and working on Rift (future development being part of this)."

Nothing developed since March sounds like zero development.

+ Reply to Thread