Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A binary puzzle ...

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default A binary puzzle ...

Before all of the festivities - including the Advent Calendar that we all look forward to opening the little December 1 window - begin next month, we have prepared a little puzzle for you to solve!

Solve the puzzle below and find out the binary phrase hidden in it. It will give you a location as well as an emote to do with your character. Place your character in the right location, use the right emote, and take a screenshot with your character's name visible.

Post your screenshot before November 29, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CET in this thread. Each participant with a valid screenshot will be rewarded!

Conditions of participation:
    • General rules apply to this event.
    • Only one participation per day, forum and player account possible.
    • You must indicate your character's name, server and post your answer including the screenshot showing your character, his name, in the right location and using the right emote in the participation post.
    • Your screenshot must not be edited / reworked.
    • The deadline to participate in the event is November 29, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CET.
    • The decisions of the team members are final.

Good luck to everyone !

We wish you all a great week in Rift!

Best regards,
    Your Rift team!
    Last edited by Amaliena; 11-23-2020 at 04:44 AM.

Default Mutant@Hailol - Screenshot

Mutant@hailol
    A binary puzzle ...-2020-11-23_073810.jpg

Spoiler!

Rift Chaser

Killerloose@Typhiria

01110011 01101110 01101111 01110111 01111001

01110100 01100101 01110010 01110010 01100001 01101001 01101110

snowyterrain

01100100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101

dance

I'm guessing it is anywhere in the "snowyterrain" region and not a zone specific. Looks like its Iron Pine Peak. I've never seen santas hut with a gingerbread house before in rift. closet i can think of is during fae yule event.
    Last edited by Killerloose; 11-28-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Shadowlander

Kyrielle@Typhiria
    A binary puzzle ...-2020-11-23_185154.jpg

Soulwalker

(Why the spoilers? )

Jolliepop@Typhiria

Last edited by TomPoes; 11-23-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Soulwalker

Repth@Deepwood
    I thought it looked more like a dimension than Iron Pine Peaks. Also checked Vostigar Peaks and Tarken Glacier but Everywhere Dimension looked closest.
    A binary puzzle ...-2020-11-23_120416.jpg

Shadowlander

Default Gregorious@Greybriar

Dancing in the snow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A binary puzzle ...-2020-11-23_141318.jpg  

Default Snow Dance

Tuasemper@Greybriar

NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

Previous competition winners aren't announced until long after competition is over.
    Agreed. It is not always clear exactly what all is required for a valid entry so if you enter and don't get a prize, it is not clear if you won or why you didn't win.

Already in this contest, it is unclear if you need to show how you solved the puzzle, as some entrants are doing, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

Previous winners waits a long time to get their prizes, if at all.
    No clue what the prizes actually are.
    The last contest, "What House am I in?" started Nov. 8 and ran for a week. I got my prizes on Nov. 17 so that was very speedy.

It is correct that prizes are often not specified in advance.

For the "What House am I in?" contest, I got a Dark Levitation Supply Crate and a 3 day patron pass in the game mail. It did not say but I assume the crate was for a daily win and the pass was for having a valid entry for all 7 days of the contest.

Miralin@Faeblight
    "snowy terrain dance"

The lady elf dance doesn't really show super well as dancing in a screenshot, but oh well.

Also the rules make it sound like you can enter once per day? I'm not sure why but I'm curious about that one bit.
    Last edited by Violette; 11-24-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Soulwalker

Pungas@Typhiria
    "snowy terrain dance"
    A binary puzzle ...-pungas-typhiria-2-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A binary puzzle ...-pungas-typhiria.jpg   A binary puzzle ...-pungas-typhiria.jpg  
    Last edited by Pungas; 11-23-2020 at 03:33 PM.

I had no frickkin clue so I showed my work. Like you say, it didn't specify. Agreed that prizes should be known at the start. Makes it hard to want to enter when you don't know what you're entering for. I do it because someone is at least showing an interest in the game & is trying to keep players involved.

Agreed, the What House Am I In gave out speedy prizes, & I also got the same things you did in the mail. However, unless I have missed it somewhere (which is highly possible), the prizes for the Birthday Anniversary event haven't been mentioned or handed out yet. That's kind of a problem considering what that event was for.
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

Soulwalker

Darkylian@Bloodiron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A binary puzzle ...-binary_rift.jpg   A binary puzzle ...-dancesnow.jpg  

A binary puzzle ...-2020-11-23_201632.jpg

Shenoah@Deepwood
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Soulwalker

Default "Snowy Terrain Dance" in Dimension: Kestrel's Cry Ravine

forums.riftgame.com says:

The following errors occurred:

2020-11-23_222423.jpg: Upload of file failed

Tried uploading my screenshot a couple dozen times, using every combination of settings available in the upload window (in Chrome and Firefox), and got this message every time.

I would appreciate a response to this, as I am a Patron and have dumped hundreds of dollars (shameful, I know) into this game, and would not be pleased about being excluded from any events requiring a screenshot in a forum. If I am doing something wrong here, I'd appreciate some technical assistance.

I am on a 3-monitor setup (5760x1080). Wouldn't make much sense to me, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If that is the problem, then gamers using multiple-monitor (surround) setups are excluded from events like this, right? If I change the settings in the game for this, I'll have to completely redo my UI (which would be a ridiculous thing to have to do just to enter a contest).

Can I get a little help or clarification on this, please?
    Last edited by Tryaa; 11-23-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast