Quote Originally Posted by Zyra View Post
Greetings! First of all - we apologize for the huge delay in providing you the answers, but here they are:1. Deleting characters means a huge loss in progress, time and money players have spent on those characters. Will there be some sort of appropriate compensation to make up for the huge loss? We are currently evaluating a compensation pack and their delivery method that impacts the EU servers. 2. What happens to currencies that are on alts where you cannot turn the currencies into vouchers? Like the Fae Yule event currency, Dark Icicle or Voidstones on alts etc. Players will be able to purchase event currency packs of Auroral Doubloons, Summerfest Friendship Bracelets, Autumn Harvest Signets, Dark Icicles, and Chaos Motes that will allow these tokens to be transferred to mains. These packs will be sold by the Voucher vendors in capital cities and will continue to sold for a limited period of time after the merger.3. Can the cooldown (currently 2 hours) between zone events be reduced? Zone events spawn dynamically, we will be monitoring the situation and listening to feedback from the community. If we need to make a change in the respawn time we can do so.4. Will we lose our Wishlist in Rift Store? A manual transfer removes all items from there. Will merge do the same? The wish lists will be copied over with the shard merge process. 5. Will guild dimensions also transfer to their new home shard? Yes, dimensions will be copied to your new home shard.6. What's the main issue or issues preventing (server tech or otherwise) from increasing the character slots enough to hold peoples existing characters? Unfortunately, there is a technical limitation that we cannot bypass. We are really sorry about this; this is also why we are working on a compensation pack to make for the hassle. 7. What happens to the items in bags/bank/mail of the characters that will become inaccessible? Do we get to move them somehow before deleting - for example, to send to other characters? All items are transferred to the destination server along with the character that owns them, no items are deleted during the transfer process. If you wish to delete a character in order to make room for a new character, you will be able to log into that character and move items to another character on your account. Any items that you wish to continue to have access to should be removed from the character before deleting.8. What if I have a dimension built on a character that I may potentially have to delete? Can my dimension be moved to another character fully intact? Unfortunately, there is no way to do that currently. 9. What if you have 8 char slots unlocked, with 6 chars on Gelidra and 6 on Typhiria. Will you get 12 slots on Typhiria? Or will you go up to 8 and must delete 4 chars? The number of slots unlocked on the account will not be changed. Characters above the unlocked limit will still be available however, the account will be unable to create new characters until the number of characters is back below the number of character slots that are unlocked on the account.10. Seeing as a dimension loses all its +1's during a server transfer, how are you going to handle this merge? Are all the dimensions that are moved going to start over on zero? The shard merge process is different than the character transfer process. Because this process directly copies data on to the destination shard dimension +1s should be preserved. 11. If I already have 10 characters on Typhiria and 10 characters on Gelidra, which characters will be transferred automatically and what happens to the chararacters that don't get transferred? Will they be on a trial shard for me to transfer after a few deletions? All characters will be automatically transferred to their destination server. The trial shard will not be available after the merge.
Jump to post...