Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
While Devs can report issues to CS, the most common way players are brought to their attention is when a number of folks submit a /reort playername@servernameCS reviews, then applies a mute in accordance with the severity of the chat (they usually look at several lines of chat around the timestamp.CS applies mutes on an escalating scale in most cases, taking into account repeated behavior and severity.A mute could be for an hour, several hours, a day, a week... or even permanent.Consider a one hour mute to be the warning.There is no other warning given because we expect people to behave in a reasonable manner, much as you would in a cafe, movie theater or park. When I am on, I often ask an escalating chat to chill, but if enough players have already /reported the conversation, it's out of my hands anyway.In serious cases a player can go from 0 to 24 hour mute or in extreme cases, permanent mute or even game ban.If you have any questions about actions taken against your character or acount, please contact our CS team directly via submitting a ticket at support.trionworlds.com - they keep excellent records.Brasse
Jump to post...