Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
Hey all! Aye, we have a LOT of detail and information to fill in, over time. It's not going to happen tomorrow - we wanted to get the spare, pale outline of the year out as early as possible precisely so that we could start gathering reaction, feedback, concerns and requests well in advance of the heavy production stage. I am here not to answer questions - not yet. I am here to collect your opinions and feedback, to take them to the team as they begin to fill out the framework. We WILL address everyone's points and questions over time, when we have useful info. One thing we can talk about is that we do not expect RIFT Prime to draw away all currently active players. In fact, the audience we are looking at are the lapsed players who want to go back to the days of the subscription model and Chocolate RIFT (never vanilla). Based on our experience with the ArcheAge Fresh Start servers, the large majority of RIFT Prime players will be former players. A minority of people will play both services, or convert from one to the other. This is not guesswork, this is based on what we KNOW from AA and other games that many of us have worked on. The initial investment of time and resources is significant, but the entire team is very excited about it. Once the new service is up and running, all content will be developed for both, at the same time. More revenue = more content. We have heard a rising tide of feedback from people who want a return to the subscription model, where everything is included in the price of admission. We are answering it with the RIFT Prime endeavor. Players will finally be able to choose for themselves between the subscription and F2P models. Now, let's keep on with the questions so that I can fill my tome with your thoughts! Nothing is written in stone in an MMOG, especially early in development. Brasse
Jump to post...