Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
The DDOS attacks have been going on for weeks (the OP posted yesterday was Day 3, which means they had not previously been affected, but the attacks were certainly ongoing). I think we've all seen where one group member drops, while the others are just fine... a couple of hours later a different person drops. We do involve our service providers, and work closely with them as well. What boggles them is why hackers so often target game companies as opposed to hundreds of other options. The answer is simple and reprehensible: game companies are targeted because they afford the ability to grief the free time activities of players, and get noticed. I'm not at liberty to discuss the other game companies being targeted, but they are have chosen not to talk about it to their players as we are. Everyone has their own business practices, and some don't want to be seen calling attention to this sort of problem. It's really rough on everyone involved, and again, I can only say that we have a dedicated team working on this constantly. Brasse
Jump to post...