Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
There are some fantastic thoughts and excellent exchange of ideas on this thread.There is no way to make a perfect game that suits everyone's playstyle, tastes, wallet and opinion, but I truly believe, based on my experience, that every game team in existence does their best to:- make a good game- make people happy- earn a livingThese are all challenging goals, and represent changes over time as gaming societies and norms change too - we are in a radically different world with MMOGs now than when I first started in EQ in 1999. I could not have imagined a day where players could enjoy a game for FREE, where time = money and either currency works. Where that $15/mo for supporting subscribers hasn't changed in what... more than 15 years? Where people who can't afford that $15/mo can still PLAY. This is the golden age of gaming, in my opinion.I used to have nothing but time... and now I have very little time, but a bit more cash. It balances out rather well for me.Please be sure to chime in on the official feedback thread on the Collected Intel packs - we know some people LOVE them (because they are selling well) and that some people HATE them (because of angry reaction). We have taken them off the store for the time being so that we can evaluate how the game populace feels as a whole and what the impact is on the game. Like many things in life, there are no easy yes/no answers. Fifty shades of any color are not enough. =)RIFT Dev looks at ALL player feedback and game data. In fact, that is the main job for us Community types - to gather, collate, communicate and disseminate feedback and information. If you don't see us posting, it's because we're reading, evaluating, tabulating and reporting.~Brasse
Jump to post...