Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
Keepor, we have quite a number of people playing RIFT who work around physical challenges in order to play the game. Some are mild, some are incredibly hard to overcome.Gamepads are common for people with nerve damage or carpal tunnel. I know a young man who has Epidermolysis Bullosa, and he has to use even a gamepad with great care, as he no longer has fingers. Xlavius has stated that he uses a customizable mouse to alleviate his challenges. Xlavius, go ahead and make yourself some useful macros. They are 100% ok.Keepor, I know you've seen Wren on the livestream with her gamepad and autofire macro, and I have to assume that's what this is about. When her nerve damage was worse, she used footpedals. She was distracted and busy on the stream, but does not walk away for an hour in a Warfront (her main form of gameplay in RIFT) on autofire - no one lives long if they try that. These are fine, and as you know, RIFT supports macro creation. What is not fine is unattended gameplay. There's a huge difference. People with physical challenges are not looking to AFK farm events or rifts. We are going to cut them some slack in grey areas, because unlike you, they do not have a choice. We have discussed this at some length internally today.Check out AbleGamers.com as well, an organization (which we support) that champions the cause of challenged people to play games along with the rest of us. Some folks need highly specialized equipment (and some compassion) in order to play. We get that. We support that.And of course, if you feel you need to use something to lessen the challenge of the game for yourself, you may experiment with various supportive options, but we think you are just trolling.Brasse
Jump to post...