Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
Business decisions revolve around where the majority of the player base wants to spend their time. If RIFT had become a joyful haven for PvP folks, then we'd probably have a PvP-centric game here. The way any MMOG evolves is an organic process, and takes place over several years. We've seen games that try to MAKE people adhere to a new gameplay style that was thought by those directing the move would make a game better - those who do not enjoy the content/playstyle leave. If Dev made the wrong decision, they leave in droves. If it was a really bad decision, the game shuts down.Dev is therefore always going to follow the path that makes the largest number of players happy, and even that is a daunting task. Many people get through content way faster than the casual crowd, and for them, my usual suggestion is to do as I do: play games on rotation. RIFT is one of my four MMOGs, for instance, along with ArcheAge (for the PvP) and two others that Trion does not make.Do what makes you happy. Devs on any one game can never, ever make every player happy.Brasse
Jump to post...