Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
Hey all. RIFT already gives away more free content and systems than most free to play MMOGs (I play a great many of them myself so I get to compare a lot). Every game has its own processes and timelines, just like any other service or retail business. We make decisions based on the long-term health and support of the game. It is very common for games to offer previously premium content for free at some point after launch. Those who invested early had access to all the content and systems early, and now get a chance to play with their FTP friends in the same zones, same questlines, same levels. We will happily extend refunds to anyone who purchased the expansion within two weeks of the announcement (June 29th) - please submit a ticket to CS for this. Brasseps. Adding here that anyone who bought the expansion got a the opportunity to get Opie (plus potentially other token rewards, the drake mount and Asha Catari's Raiment). Those are not given to all and sundry who may now access the zones, content and systems of the expansion.
Jump to post...