Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
I definitely appreciate the images, though all are counter to the premise of the OP that we have removed PAXP from these quests since you are clearly gaining PAXP in every image. So with that issue hopefully resolved, let's move on to the questions you raise...
Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
So, Yes there are some differences between what is offered and what is given. Especially the 376+ skill level quests.
The only actual differences I can see are of 1 XP/PAXP (which I must assume is a difference in how rounding was handled by different developers between the quest UI and the combat log). Beyond that, it is mostly just some non-intuitive presentation of the information. Taking the example you indicated having the largest discrepancy:The quest window indicates you will get 179,340 XP for the quest itself plus another 71,736 for your patron bonus - a total of 251,076 XP. Your combat log shows you got 251,075 (that 1xp rounding discrepancy I mentioned previously). Of that 251,075, the combat log indicates 71,735 was due to your Patron bonus (the 1 point rounding discrepancy again). And because you gained XP, you gained a like amount of PAXP - because that is how our PA system works.I will be the first to say - the display of information is not intuitive - but there is no significant difference - just that 1 point rounding issue.The rewards are listed different for the sub-375 quests because they have a an additional reward that is a separate entity on our end - the PAXP. Back in SL, a number of players were bringing lvl 10 characters to TB and power leveling with crafting dailies. As a result, they got their actual XP payouts nerfed and their to compensate appropriate level players an additional PA XP reward was added. So... so far, all your views show me your quest window and chat log matching up (1 point of rounding aside).Now where things get a little weird is why some of the Grandmaster crafting quests give you XP and some don't. I don't actually have an answer to that off the top of my head because I don't work directly with that bucket data. I can speculate based on the data I have, but I would need to consult with the owner of those quest payout buckets to get the missing piece and it is currently way after hours.. But I will share my observations... Some of your Grandmaster dailies are giving you real (non-PA) XP and some are not. You are lvl 52. The ones giving you XP are, under the hood, lvl 54. The ones that aren't are lvl 58. Perhaps being too far under the "real" lvl is why they are not giving you real XP - perhaps some aspect of the counter to power leveling implemented during the latter period of SL - I don't know until I can confer with the owner of that data or perhaps even an engineer.Anyway, what I CAN see is this - the lower level ones are giving you 29,341 XP + 11,736 patron bonus XP for a total of 41,077. This is reflected in your chat/combat log (no rounding error difference even!). And again, because you gained XP, you also gained a mirrored amount of PAXP. In addition, you are getting that separate additional PA XP I mentioned previously - a base 30,000, plus 12,000 for being a patron which should be a total of 42,000. This is shown on your chat log as 41,999 (why the simple round number is the one generating the rounding discrepancy I admit REALLY baffles me - there should be nothing to round!). But anyway, still only a 1 point difference. You have a total of three XP "events" in your log - the real XP, the mirrored PA XP, and the additional PA XP that is attached to the Grandmaaster dailies.The higher lvl (58) dailies are not giving you real XP, just Planar. But you are still getting the Mirrored amount of PA XP that you would otherwise be getting if the real XP was there - 41,077. The quest window UI is combining those two numbers for the total displayed of 59,341 + 23,736 for a GRAND total of 83,077. Because they are the same reward type, the quest window is just displaying them as a total. In your chat log, they show up broken out into two numbers, because from a game calculation side, they are still two distinct "events" - one for the quest bucket type, and one for the additional reward that has been attached to these Grandmaster quests.ANYWAY... this turned into quite the lengthy dissertation but hopefully it helped illustrate there there is no discrepancy of significance between what the quest window is showing and what your chat log displayed - just that the data is presented in different and totally non-intuitively - ways. I would be the first to agree that any confusion is completely understandable. And I shall look into why some are giving you real XP and some art. I am curious about that myself. ;)As to the OP or the other person that seemed to be describing the same issue as the OP - if you can provide similar such screen grabs, I would be happy to look them over as well. But thus far, both my own in-game observations and the screen images presented here show no evidence of the PA XP rewards having been removed.
Jump to post...