Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
As someone who has frequent contact with many folks on your list, I deeply appreciate them. That being said real life happens, and many times folks who create content have aspects of their lives which drag them away from creating these sorts of resources. Other times they lose interest in continuing to create content, either because of new interests or competition for their time.Of course we'd love for everyone to keep creating new and interesting stuff for us to read or watch forever, but that isn't a very realistic hope. As time goes on, some people will stop doing the things we appreciate and new folks will start. Sometimes they'll do something similar, other times they'll take it in new or different directions. I can't begrudge someone their time; everyone eventually moves on to a new job with less time, finds they aren't as interested in making content right now, or just needs a break from whatever they are doing. I expect we'll see some of the creators you list return, and others will move on to new endeavors. I always recommend that if players are looking to create long term sustainable resources the single best way to do this is to work on a wiki. Wikis aren't limited to a single creator, and so are sustainable for far longer than any other resource. Wikis are hard work too, but it's a something that anyone can contribute to at whatever comfort level they have.
Jump to post...