Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
Seems like this was left off the release notes but let me elaborate... We added knockback effects to the pull/teleport to me cooldown group. This is because with the combination of these two abilities that a player could be effectively CC'ed for 4 seconds or more with little to no chance of preventing it. That latter part being the most important aspect. The effect of no push/pull + knockback lockout was evident in testing the new warfront. Where a popular tactic would be to summon people to you and then knock them of the ledge thus removing them from the fight. While we want to encourage gameplay that makes one be cognizant of their surroundings and there being consequences for not making tactic choices about your positioning thus going sailing off into the nether, it isn't cool to have no real choice or tactical options about if you stay on the platform or not. If you haven't noticed yet from some of the posts that have been made recently concerning PVP, we are focused on allowing players to actually play their characters instead of being under the effects of some form of CC for the majority of it. This includes being moved or removed from the combat area against their will for prolonged periods of time. PVP should decided by making tactical decisions and this change puts us one step closer to us reaching that goal. Since there are some reports of the knockback/pull blocker affecting stuns as well, I've been doing a more thorough audit of the cooldown groups to make sure we don't have some abilities that have changed design that might not have gotten updated over the years. I haven't found any yet but if you guys come across repro cases, feel free to list them here or PM me directly with them and I'll get them fixed up.
Jump to post...