Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
I just wanted to pop in and comment here. I see a lot of posts saying we took the "lazy approach" or the "stupid approach" or we should have done X or Y. Those are valid opinions to have. But I'll tell you exactly why we took this approach: It was the fastest to fixing a major issue for the /vast/ majority of our player base. I'm sorry to those of you that like to post huge amounts of auctions - however, you are in an extremely small minority. I would love to make you happy, but the game functioning in a better manner for everyone is more important. So why not go through and have an engineer spend time working on the AH back end issues right now? Well there are a few reasons for that. 1. General server lag has been a bigger issue for some users - for quite some time. The EU is still split into two clusters. Work has been going towards this. This is extremely important everyone. 2. At some point, we may redo the entire auction house. No I won't give you a date, nor even promise this, but its been under discussion. No one here at Trion is "lazy". Games of this size are not run by "lazy" people. One of the most poisonous words in the world when talking about someone else's work is "easy". ~Daglar
Jump to post...