Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
Lower change of skill ups on crafting prior to the limited supply of red "transcendence vials"
There was no nerf to crafting skill ups whatsoever. No one on the RIFT team would do that - especially not Faratha.
2.5 CQ nerf which was said as a bug or unaware, but its been almost a 3 weeks and, while real bugs got hotfixed, CQ remains the same.
It seems more like you guys simply turned off the Pvp currency gain (favor/prestige) for more vial sales as its the only way to gain a reasonable amount of favor/prestige a day. Yet the CQ power and EXP Is still active for pvers to keep the CQ power up.Which has resulted in CQ being a waste for pvpers, as only kills give a tiny amount which means 10 min CQ with 1 premade farming the spawn of a faction till the timer is.
This is a legitimate bug, and I assure you, there are plenty of other legitimate bugs being worked on all the time. In the grand scheme of prioritization, while I'd like to get this fixed, it is not a show stopper. This was not a deliberate attempt to sell anything.In fact, I can't really figure out what benefit we would have by doing this "on purpose". So that is again a little far fetched.
A lot of ninja nerf to Harvesting/gathering compared to pre 2.3, over time it's gotten worse. I understand the nerf to harvesting on mobs to prevent the bots.
I'm not actually sure what nerfs you are talking about here. We have adjusted drop rates in the past both upwards and downward since the launch of 2.0 - based on player feedback and the economy itself.There is no "end game" for money making for Trion by "nerfing harvesting". We don't sell harvesting components on the store - so I'm unsure how this "vicious ninja nerfing" ties into your conspiracy theory.But when ever these types of stealth nerfs happen, they are not in the patch notes, or they are brushed off as a "bug" yet all the sudden new limited vials to improve those things show up in the shop.It's common practice for companies to do this practice of ninja nerfing then releasing stuff in the store that speed w/e they nerfed up. Also common practice for ftp game companies to try to be sneaky about it.
People are just worried that Rift is heading into the category of Asian style free to play games like Forsaken world/Perfectworld/Aion ect that revolve solely around the shop and slowly over time nerfs in game currency/crafting ect in order to make more profit on the cash shop.
People can be worried, people can be vigilant, however the things you are talking about have not been done.There was some amount of scuttlebutt regarding the changeover in raid tokens that we did - but the overall goal there was (and was actually very successful at) getting more gear into players hands via play. We in fact have higher raid engagement now than we ever have in the history of RIFT when you look at it on a % basis.
I don't think people have a problem spending money in the cash shop, good to pay for products, people just don't like being lied/sneaky shady ways of trying to milk money out of the playerbase.I much rather see honesty and be like " hey guys we nerfed this and that because are sales are not doing as well, and we need to sell more stuff in the store to keep pushing out content"
I'm sure people don't like being lied to. I also don't like being called a liar when I'm not.You put forward a number of cases you think we nerfed something on (which we didn't) - all of which have zero monetary gain impacts for us - only net negatives - if we did what you suggest we did.~Daglar
Jump to post...